Anyone know where to find these scripts??

Hi,
    Does anyone know where to find a script that scans for warez and then mails you the results (that runs via a cron job daily maybe)? And another script I'm looking for is one that is like the PSA usagemeter (found at http://www.matrixscripts.com/) but that is for Ensim instead of Plesk. A service as good as alertra (http://www.alertra.com) i.e it can ping the servers once every 1-5 min. but that is free. And one last script.... One like the real time tracking that is built into LivePerson and ClickChatSold that lets you login and see where the vistors are going in real time but that is free?
    Last edited by LCHwebHost; 11-15-2002 at 09:55 AM.

anyone?

hmmm...

software and such

I dont warez or anything. But, I dont think you would be wanting to use scripts, and I dont think people who host warez sites appreciate scripts much. In general, I dont think people appreciate scripts poking around. But, good luck.

On your other two questions, unfortunately, i can think think any.

Have you already tried ScriptSearch.com, CGI-Resources.com et cetera?

Re: software and such

Originally posted by MarkRoberts
    I dont warez or anything. But, I dont think you would be wanting to use scripts, and I dont think people who host warez sites appreciate scripts much. In general, I dont think people appreciate scripts poking around. But, good luck.
    people who host warez should not be doing so for both legal and technical reasons. I will not go into a legal discussion, but from technical standpoint, they way warez distro operate is most often they find an anonymous server with writable directories and fill them up with gigabytes of pirated software. This ftp server is then publiciced on multiple bulletin boards and in less than 24 hours you can lose hundreds of gigabytes in bandwidth and be liable financially for it.

So definitely you want to make sure that that you set a rigit bandwidth/space quota for users, prohibit anonymous ftp servers. Im sure you write a script that looks for unreasonably large files or collection of files with similar names(like rar archive that were broken up into many sequentially named files).

For the server monitor I would consider using either Big Brother(i dont know what their licensing is now, used to be free) or Nagios Servers Alive(desktop) or ServerStatsBy the way, this probably doesnt belong in "Running Web Hosting Biz" forum

Why doesn't it???? it all helps people to run the biz

Originally posted by SeanK
    Why doesn't it???? it all helps people to run the biz
    Because some people can read:

Forum for discussing all non-technical aspects of running a web hosting company. Eg. Management, Accounts, Problem Customers, Taxes.

The words non-techncail jump out at me.

Not to mention dedicated servers help a person run their business, but that goes in the dedicated servers fora. Just like this would fit best in Programming Discussion which is described as:

Discussions related to web programming languages and other related issues. Topics may include configuration, optimization, practical usage and database connectivity.

I believe there is some programming (and some issues related to it) involved in scripts. Oddly enough, those words are found in the forum description.

It will be difficult to try and look for those type of scripts for free. Maybe if you're willing to spend some $$, it may help you cause. However, good luck with your search.