Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Article Submission

Hi i just wanna know if i need to create unique article for every article directories or its okay to post duplicate articles? Thank you in advance

The directories would accept you article even if it was already published elsewhere, but this does not bring you quality.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Yes, Host Color is absolutely right. I, for example, cope with content dublicate in the following way. First of all, each article shoud have its own title. Then I write an article and divide in several parties and then rewrite an article and each part separately. Afterwards articles are mixed. Try different combinations. So if you, for example, mix 2 articles and divide them in 6 parties you will manage to get up to 22 different articles. What do you think about this idea?

I thinks its better to submit unique articles to different directories. As submitting the same article to multiple directories the Google might consider it as duplicate content and you might get effected.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles

Quote Originally Posted by inspiron View Post
    I thinks its better to submit unique articles to different directories. As submitting the same article to multiple directories the Google might consider it as duplicate content and you might get effected.
    You see, inspiron. Of course it is better, but it will be very difficult for you to write (rewrite) 100 unique articles for 100 or even more directories. In addition, articles are often stollen by other writers and submitted to directories for other sites. Writing an unique article for each directory is not cost-effective method.

I m sure they will accept the duplicate articles but as others said, it is better you submit different ones..

Or, even if u want to submit the same, maybe better to paraphrase it at least so it doesn't really look like the same..
    My personal site - Dewi Natalia Wihardja
    Follow me at twitter ~ Dewi Wihardja

I agree with Andrey here... it's not very cost effective. You would spend a lot of time just writing articles and in the end get it stolen by some low-life thief out there. The 1st suggestion Andrey made is a good idea. Rewriting article to get a new one and mixing it with other rewritten version will produce another article. It's much cost effective and you'll spend much way lesser time doing it.

I know a lot of sources to submit articles to... But I have no idea where can I find so many articles???

Software exists that does this, I use it and get average 50 links per article, some chaff some quality.

Unique Article Wizard

I use for long tail keywords and it works quite well for that.

Quote Originally Posted by kylelmoon View Post
    I agree with Andrey here... it's not very cost effective. You would spend a lot of time just writing articles and in the end get it stolen by some low-life thief out there. The 1st suggestion Andrey made is a good idea. Rewriting article to get a new one and mixing it with other rewritten version will produce another article. It's much cost effective and you'll spend much way lesser time doing it.

Unique article submission is better, should contain fresh data.....

theadvancedseo.com - forums marketing

I wouldn't use software that will alter articles for you - any articles I've seen where this is done look rediculous. They don't make gramatical sense. It may not be ideal by I submit the same article to directories. I don't submit to too many - about 15. I works pretty effectively most of the time.

how many directory is a article submited is better?

Quote Originally Posted by expo09 View Post
    I wouldn't use software that will alter articles for you - any articles I've seen where this is done look rediculous. They don't make gramatical sense. It may not be ideal by I submit the same article to directories. I don't submit to too many - about 15. I works pretty effectively most of the time.
    Its odd how people are willing to criticise something they have never used, and haven't researched.

6 months later how many back links do you have from that one article ? 4 or 5 at best would be my guess.

I tend to get 30 to 50 on average, and I also then get the to submit unique versions of the article to all the directory engines I choose to.

Posting duplicate articles are really not good in my opinion. If you're having a hard time creating a new unique article, you could always try rewriting your articles before submitting it again for another directory.

Quote Originally Posted by enoypi View Post
    Hi i just wanna know if i need to create unique article for every article directories or its okay to post duplicate articles? Thank you in advance
    It is of course better as article directories all like unique and goog articles.

But most of the webmaster won't do that because of the cost.

You can make the judgement by yourself, to weigh the benefit and the cost!

Writing completely unique articles for each article directory will be too time consuming and probably not worth the effort. You can however try to rewrite one articles in different words, rotate text to make sure that you don't submit an identical article to multiple directories.
    Cloud Hosting - Intelligent, Auto-Scalable & Pay-Per-Use | Near Unlimited Resources
    Dedicated Servers - Fully Managed UK Dedicated Servers
    Complete, Fully Managed Web Hosting solutions at eUKhost.com!

Quote Originally Posted by de_natalia1984 View Post
    I m sure they will accept the duplicate articles but as others said, it is better you submit different ones..

Or, even if u want to submit the same, maybe better to paraphrase it at least so it doesn't really look like the same..
    You see it is time consuming procedure if you are submitting articles to at least 100 directories. I for example write one article approximately 600 words and divide it in 6 parties. Then make 2 copies rewriting each article separately. Mixing these 3 articles properly it is possible to get 66 unique articles. Also each article has to have origina title. It is not cost-effective method to write one unique article for each directory separately. If for example you are going to perform submission to 1000 directories. Are you ready to write or rewrite 1000 articles? Also, for the reason articles are often stollen I would recommend to perform submision to numerous directories during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by expo09 View Post
    If you heard about Article spinning, it requires you to write your article with varying sentences phrases in a specific format i.e. each sentences, phrases or paragraphs will be re-spin in a number of combination to make them appear unique. Still need works on your part.

I think it's better to submit unique articles to different article directories.

Posting stolen articles

Quote Originally Posted by Andreyfidrya View Post
    You see, inspiron. Of course it is better, but it will be very difficult for you to write (rewrite) 100 unique articles for 100 or even more directories. In addition, articles are often stollen by other writers and submitted to directories for other sites. Writing an unique article for each directory is not cost-effective method.
    BEWARE of posting stolen articles. Many of the article directories today have software to search the web for duplicate content. If it is already posted under someone else's name, you will normally get banned from posting further articles on the site. If it happens on more than one site, you may be blacklisted from them all.

Yes that's what I know even if you have submit your article at multiple times or either it is submitted to different directories it can be considered as spamming.
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    KeserHosting.Com

To be safe, don't use the same article and copy the content verbatim. Play around with it by using synonyms, changing the tenses, and the like. Spinning articles lowers the risk of duplicate content which might hurt your site rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreyfidrya View Post
    Yes, Host Color is absolutely right. I, for example, cope with content dublicate in the following way. First of all, each article shoud have its own title. Then I write an article and divide in several parties and then rewrite an article and each part separately. Afterwards articles are mixed. Try different combinations. So if you, for example, mix 2 articles and divide them in 6 parties you will manage to get up to 22 different articles. What do you think about this idea?
    I'm agree with you.
    There is only one more thing - writing more unique articles is not that scary and time-costly process, everything is from the writer

From experience you should aim for 50%+ uniqueness to any submitted articles.
    Last edited by Juvanescence; 11-18-2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Typo.

I think articles for submission must be previously unpublished and in English, it is much better for quality.

The best approach is to write only few unique articles and submit only to important and established article directories like ezine, buzzle and goarticle.

From what I've read duplicate content isn't that big of a deal. If you are only posting to a few different directories ... not like hundreds ... but I always feel it is better to alter the articles a little..
    Forrest Yingling -- WebNet Hosting LLC
    Leading ECommerce Hosting, ZenCart Hosting, PrestaShop Hosting and OSCommerce Hosting provider since 2004.

I just can't imagine breaking an article into six different parts and mixing them, and still expecting anything of quality.
    ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers

Well if you work on article for the purpose of getting backlinks I would guess that quality is not important. By the way does anyone knows where can I find or is there some list of article submission sites? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Hostirian View Post
    I just can't imagine breaking an article into six different parts and mixing them, and still expecting anything of quality.
    Agree! There can't be any quality there. So my choice is to write the article and then submit it to quality directories (5-6).

Then rewrite the article with the help of some software (i use articleassistant) and submit it to the rest of the directories. Again it's better to use some software (article submitter in my case) when submitting to low-quality directories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumy View Post
    Well if you work on article for the purpose of getting backlinks I would guess that quality is not important. By the way does anyone knows where can I find or is there some list of article submission sites? Thanks.

I disagree -- quality IS always important.

And, I would recommend finding directories to submit articles to that are related to your business/topic. For us, for example, since we are a hosting company, we try to find hosting directories and sites relating to internet technology, etc. to submit articles to.

The editors/webmasters of these directories want QUALITY content for their sites so many times they will not publish articles if they don't meet their standards for quality.. people will not generally just give you links via articles for nothing.

GOOD CONTENT AND WELL WRITTEN ARTICLES ARE KEY. Simply getting links will not be as beneficial if the articles you are writing and submitting are not of quality. Ultimately, you want people to be able to read these articles...
    Leading ECommerce Hosting, ZenCart Hosting, PrestaShop Hosting and OSCommerce Hosting provider since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestY View Post

For us, for example, since we are a hosting company, we try to find hosting directories and sites relating to internet technology, etc. to submit articles to.
    Can you share the list of these sites? I guess many people here will thank you for publishing it as most of us are in web hosting/ internet technology business.

Quote Originally Posted by prwebhosting View Post
    Can you share the list of these sites? I guess many people here will thank you for publishing it as most of us are in web hosting/ internet technology business.
    I suppose that might be a kind of confidential or paid information at all.
    On the various SEO forums I have seen such list being sold

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    I suppose that might be a kind of confidential or paid information at all.
    I've never seen a list consisting of web hosting niche websites only. There are lots of lists (paid and free) sometimes with 1K of sites there. The problem is that most of the sites in the list are not from web hosting niche. Since we are talking about quality back links which can be obtained from quality web hosting oriented article submission sites I thought it would be a useful share and many forum members would thank for it. Anyhow, it was just a suggestion. I would understand ForrestY if he decides not to share the list.

Ezine won't accept duplicate content.others may allow.

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    On WHT such lists are for free. God bless WHT community!
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=875139

The sad thing is that the list is not sorted (I've checked a couple of links randomly) and failed to find working sites there.

To find directories, just do a google search for "web hosting directories" and then start like that. We obviously start with sites that have a decent PR or are higher on the SERP.

It's a challenge to find working directories and I don't have a master list by any means .. I am going through the process of individually emailing/submitting to the directories in order to find ones that will accept articles and/or add our company (WebNet Hosting) to their listings.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestY View Post
    To find directories, just do a google search for "web hosting directories" and then start like that. We obviously start with sites that have a decent PR or are higher on the SERP.
    Do you do the search every time before submitting the article?
    PRWebHosting.com
    You are welcome to submit your web hosting press release!

Quote Originally Posted by prwebhosting View Post
    Do you do the search every time before submitting the article?
    Not sure exactly what you mean but no ... we did the search then compiled a list of all the directories that came as a result of this search ... then individually looked at them to see if they accept article submissions, etc. Let me know if I didn't answer your question ....

I have never submitted an article but would like to start. I am trying to understand exactly the best way to do it. If I am reading some of this thread correctly I should rewrite my article that I submit to a article directory. Is that right? I get the duplicate thing and that it could have a negative effect on rankinng but from what I have researched there are a few sites that are good to submit to. So basically I will need to rewrite one article a few times. This seems a little much. Is there any easier way or am I misunderstanding this whole thing to begin with?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast