READ: Godaddy domain names being stolen!

A scammer is on a stealing spree as of right now, as far as I know, he is only stealing Godaddy domain names. Godaddy isn't really doing anything about it. The scammer will either hack into your Godaddy account, steal it, and then sells it as fast as possible. BEWARE: The scammer is also contacting people with Godaddy domain names, setting up escrow transactions at Escrow.com, EscrowDNS, Moniker, etc, and then emails the seller making it appear that it is from the escrow service and tells the seller to push the domain name into their account at Godaddy. Make sure that you CALL any escrow service that you are using before pushing the domain name. Also remember that an escrow service WILL NEVER ask you to transfer the domain name UNTIL THE PAYMENT is secured. If you are a victim of this scammer, I recommend that you contact Godaddy ASAP.

Here are some of the scammers email addresses:

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    i.domain405@*.com
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    domainguy25@*.com
    [email protected]

Got any proof for this?

What proof would you like? Yes, I can prove it, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.

Is this for real? how do you know?

Yes, this is for real!

Just google some of the email addresses, you'll see other threads at Digital point as well.

I know this because I know several people that have had their domain names stolen. This scammer will also act as both buyer and seller. Why question someone when they are giving you a heads up? If you don't believe me, go ahead and do business with this guy and then let us know how it went.

Godaddy will basically send you a standard response saying they cannot do anything, complete BS

And you say godaddy isn't doing anything about this!? This is kinda crazy, thats why Im with namecheap. They don't have anything like this BS.

So happy I'm with myhosting and not godaddy

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefeller View Post
    Just google some of the email addresses, you'll see other threads at Digital point as well.
    It turned up a thread you posted.
    Have any real proof?
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Thank you for warning, those scammers make difficult to make a real transaction
    Mousa: [as Rambo prepares to play Afghan game 'buzkashi'] God must love crazy people.
    Rambo: [getting on horse] Why?
    Mousa: He make so many of them!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Have any real proof?
    Yeah I am wondering the same thing.

Although unless you do not remember your billing details you can get the domain back easy and it seems like your just mad at the seller?
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Is this for real? I don't have too many domain with godaddy.com. I don't like their interface.

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Have any real proof?
    I remember a similar thread on dnforum or any other forum (don't know which one exactly) but can't remember there was any follow-up confirming it nor any other sensible conclusion to it when I last looked into that thread.

Meanwhile I've learned to be suspicious when people have close to zero posts to their credit and suddenly come up with *big* news about some purported fraud they have experienced or uncovered.

How about just posting links to the threads instead of regurgitating them as if its first hand knowledge. And please try to find 1st-hand threads, not threads reporting about other threads reporting about other trhreads, ad infinitum.
    Last edited by Collabora; 10-08-2009 at 05:55 PM.

If Rockefeller says they're stolen, then they are stolen. He is an expert at championing the rights of domainers who have had stolen domains.
    Signature Under Construction.

I have seen this same thread plastered all over domain forums, I would like to see a link to actual proof.