Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Please help to choose right processing service

Dear all,

please kindly advice payment processing company which is in line with following requirements:

• provides us with merchant account (as far as i understand this is crucial if we want to have money fast, not wait for 3-4 weeks)

• accepts Visa Electron

• has no problem to forward money later on to non-European / non-US bank (we will have bank account in Asian region)

• has fair transaction fee (let's say - below 3%). Fixed monthly fee is no prob

• not mandatory, but we would appreciate to have:
      online tracking tool
      sms/email alerts on transaction

As for business - one of the most fraudless possible - online education.

Thank you all for help!
    Last edited by Transparent; 10-06-2009 at 08:36 AM.

Have you tried your local bank for a merchant account?
    Ore Stone Radio
    Playing the best unsigned new music 24 hours a day
    Musicians - Visit our forums to submit your music for airplay

www.orestoneradio.com an Ore Stone Music Ltd. Company

Quote Originally Posted by Ore Stone Radio View Post
    Have you tried your local bank for a merchant account?
    Working on that currently. Still the first impression is that they won't accept Electron (negotiating that now), that's why started this thread.

Paypal supports Visa electron.
    Zingiri
    Apps for Small Businesses

Quote Originally Posted by Logicidea View Post
    Paypal supports Visa electron.
    But they do not provide with merchant account, right?
    How quickly do they transfer funds to my bank? Is there online tracking tool available to control payments made?
    Thanx!

ECSuite.com should provide you with all that you're looking for

Where is your business located ?

They (Paypal) do provide a merchant account, easy enough to get your money, guess it depends a bit on the country you live in. You also have a nice online tool to monitor payments. If you're using a shopping cart you can in most cases also integrate with Paypal providing automated payment tracking.
    Zingiri

r u selling a product deemed as high or low risk?

Quote Originally Posted by TechNomad View Post
    Does anyone guys have experience with them? Any weaknesses noticed?

They (Paypal) do provide a merchant account, easy enough to get your money, guess it depends a bit on the country you live in.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoles View Post
    Where is your business located ?
    Hong Kong. Does PayPal support? No clear info on the website...

You also have a nice online tool to monitor payments. If you're using a shopping cart you can in most cases also integrate with Paypal providing automated payment tracking.
    Mmmm... shopping cart.. well, this is a bit grey area for me. So the customer goes to my webside, clicks on merchandise (s)he wants to purchase and clicks "Checkout". I always thought this code (shopping cart) is provided by the online payment processing company we choose. Ain't it true? I got your message as there is possibility to shop without shopping cart, but i hardly can imagine how this may be done.. Could you please kindly clarify? Is shopping cart provided by processing companies or should it be us who gets the code somewhere? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by yorock View Post
    r u selling a product deemed as high or low risk?
    Lowest possible. Training courses.

Thank you all guys for comments!

I think PayPal would be your best bet. I can't remember anyone know if moneybookers.com does visa? I use them for some clients but can't remember if I saw visa on there payment setup.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by whmanaged View Post
    I think PayPal would be your best bet. I can't remember anyone know if moneybookers.com does visa? I use them for some clients but can't remember if I saw visa on there payment setup.
    PayPal should possibly work, but i heard they could be terrible when it's about transactions exceeding $700-800 and you have to use some tricky ways to get the money....

That's true, never really did to many over $800 so ya!
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by whmanaged View Post
    That's true, never really did to many over $800 so ya!
    well in my case possibly $800 would be max, but i need to be 100% sure that would work with no headache for me.
    In any case, guys, any other service providers come to your mind? Please feel free to comment, i appreciate your help.

How much payment processing volume do you need per month? Do you have any processing history?

Quote Originally Posted by brandyace View Post
    How much payment processing volume do you need per month? Do you have any processing history?
    New business. Are you representative of some payment processing Co.?

Transparent Quote:

Originally Posted by TechNomad

Does anyone guys have experience with them? Any weaknesses noticed?
    I've worked with them, they haven't shown any weaknesses and are very straightforward in their billing process and fees.

Yes. However, we do not work with any start-up companies. But I am sure you will find some good solutions from others on this forum.

Transparent, it is worth consulting with your local banks first, ask them about merchant accounts they provide and payment gateways they work with. I believe there is HSBC bank in Hong Kong, they are compatible with some gateways, so you could contact them at www.hsbc.com.hk directly...
    X-Cart - PHP shopping cart used by tens thousands online merchants worldwide.
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by XCart View Post
    Transparent, it is worth consulting with your local banks first, ask them about merchant accounts they provide and payment gateways they work with. I believe there is HSBC bank in Hong Kong, they are compatible with some gateways, so you could contact them at www.hsbc.com.hk directly...
    Yes, makes sense XCart... Could you please tell in 2 words how the system works (i am @ the very beginning of the way, so not everything is clear), in particular:

- could i create merchant account in any bank which provides this service or there are some peculiarities (except gateways the bank is compatible with)?
    - is it merchant account which should be compatible with payment gateway or is it simply the bank which either works with certain gateways or not?
    - do i assume right, that i need to start my analysis/search from bank firstly, not from the gateway? (as gateways bank works with should be reliable in any case, as they already passed bank "security filter")

Thank you a lot for your comments!
    Last edited by Transparent; 10-08-2009 at 10:20 AM.

They (Paypal) do provide a merchant account
    -------- correspondence with PayPal ------------
    * Do you provide us with merchant account, which serves as an agreement between a retailer, a merchant bank and payment processor for settlement of card transactions?

No
    ---------- end of quote ----------

Any comments guys?

It might be useful to state exactly what you need.
    Zingiri

It might be useful to state exactly what you need.
    Well, the merchant account - i wrote them. They answered "we don't provide you with merchant account" (as stated in the previous post). I want to clarify - is this misunderstanding of my question from PayPal side or someone on forum is mistaken that they provide merchants with merchant accounts...

Guys, no comments on PayPal so far??? :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Transparent View Post
    Guys, no comments on PayPal so far??? :-(
    Transparent, what are you selling? estimated volume?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast