Indian datacenter but own site in USA DC?

I was looking for data centers in India to host a few dedicated server so that our Indian clients get better speed. While searching, I came across http://www.webwerks.in . They have data center in Mumbai but when I checked their own site, I found it hosted on a USA Server. Please check link to verify - http://network-tools.com/default.asp...206.183.111.63

I found it very strange.. don't they believe on their own datacenter?

What do you think?
    RVH Cloud - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

That is up to the each company which are working on the area. Perhaps such diversification would be better for the end but local users.
    Site of the user is down but they still have ability to get in touch with the main provider

Even I think they should use their own dc for hosting their sites
    you can also have a look at ctrls.in/ (Hyderabad) Dc

Quote Originally Posted by Vamsii View Post
    Even I think they should use their own dc for hosting their sites
    you can also have a look at ctrls.in/ (Hyderabad) Dc
    I sent them a sales query on 11th Feb, 2009 but they never replied

I have chatted with them via GMail.
    Indian DC are very expensive compared to the US.
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

yes..bandwidth is very costly over here

Also they have high setup costs. To buy a dedicated you need to shell some $250 for setup!
    US servers are much cheaper.
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

Are you one of CtrlS employees?

No I am not
    I am an Engineering student

Quote Originally Posted by realvaluehosting View Post
    I was looking for data centers in India to host a few dedicated server so that our Indian clients get better speed. While searching, I came across http://www.webwerks.in . They have data center in Mumbai but when I checked their own site, I found it hosted on a USA Server. Please check link to verify - http://network-tools.com/default.asp...206.183.111.63

What do you think?
    Webwerks I believe co-locates in US also. In fact they have been doing so much before they started their own dc in India. So the site might have been in one of their co-located servers.

I have personally spoken to the owner Nikhil, and he seems to be a pretty decent chap with quite a bit of experience. That said, it still is very costly to have a server in India.

Hosting their main site in some other DC is not a bad idea at all. As some one already mentioned if the main DC fails users can still get in touch with them throught their site!!

Monthly Bandwidth Allowance 40GB

verry verry nice

Quote Originally Posted by mathewanson View Post
    Hosting their main site in some other DC is not a bad idea at all. As some one already mentioned if the main DC fails users can still get in touch with them throught their site!!

if they are not sure about their own dc about uptime and stability ,how can they assure it for their customers ?

Nobody did a traceroute ?
    The IP for http://www.webwerks.in lands in India.
    That site is hosted in our own Facility in India.

We do provide more than 40gb of transfer - the pricing on the site does not show our special promos of 250GB/500GB/1000GB of transfer they are posted here on WHT if you look ...
    WEBWERKS.IN
    India Based
    Colocation, Dedicated Servers, VPS and Webhosting
    High Speed Network. High Speed Ports. ISO 9001 and 27001 Certified India Datacenter - Need an Affordable India Based Hosting Solution?

I sent them a sales query on 11th Feb, 2009 but they never replied
    Hi rvh which address and what name did you send the mail to & from ? May have got caught in our spamtrap.
    WEBWERKS.IN
    India Based
    High Speed Network. High Speed Ports. ISO 9001 and 27001 Certified India Datacenter - Need an Affordable India Based Hosting Solution?

rvh
    Please see
    http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_rep...ww.webwerks.in

Shows the site in India . network-tools.com probably has an older GEOIP lookup

What do you think?
    WEBWERKS.IN
    India Based

The USA is still the largest buying market for hosting so it wouldn’t have been a outrageous idea to host the site in the USA anyway for faster loading time for the convenience of the viewing customers. Good to hear it’s not though as you can see accurate load times for at least a normal website.

Quote Originally Posted by HighSecured Offshore View Post
    The USA is still the largest buying market for hosting so it wouldn’t have been a outrageous idea to host the site in the USA anyway for faster loading time for the convenience of the viewing customers. Good to hear it’s not though as you can see accurate load times for at least a normal website.
    The Indian DataCenter caters more to Indian audiences than anywone else. Load times will be fantastic when the DataCenter is local 3X faster than the US because latency is down to 60ms from 390ms ++ to the US
    WEBWERKS.IN
    India Based