Anthony Bullock/FantasyCreative.com - Scam

Hey everyone,

Thought i would make a post (whether or not he is a member on here) about Anthony Bullock/FantasyCreative.com to prevent anyone else using him for their design work.

12 days ago i emailed him to create and code a template for my new site, i spoke to him briefly on MSN and all seemed to be okay so i send a 50% deposit so that he would start work.

When i spoke to him he told me that the project would be finished in 7 days maximum and that he would have something to show me in 2-3 days.

After 4 days of not hearing from him and no replies to my emails asking how the design was going i had someone from the UK try and call him although the number he gave me was disconnected. I sent another 2 emails asking what was happening although unsurprisingly still no reply.

I then proceeded to perform a paypal dispute to see if this would get a response, within 5 minutes he had signed into MSN asking me to close the dispute and he would send the files (having been scammed before i wasnt going to do this) so we agreed that he would provide me with the work within 24 hours then id close the dispute and send the other 50% although 7 days later i still have not received a refund or any work.

That got me searching for him online and found a few threads on other sites saying the exact same thing as what has happened to me:

http://www.wickedfire.com/shooting-*...ight-dead.html

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=701689

Even if this post prevents just 1 person working with this scammer it has been worth it, i would highly recommend anyone thinking about using him to hire someone else.

Here is a few more details about him:

Email: anthony@fantasycreative.com

Paypal email: anthony@fantasycreative.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/fantasycreative (as you can see he has been online)

As far as I know, Anthony's work ethic has improved a lot recently.

<<snipped>>

The threads that you posted are ancient. I assure you that it isn't like Anthony to leave clients in the dark like this (at least not for the past few months).

However, there are 2 sides to each story, I would like to hear Anthony's side.
    Last edited by bear; 10-06-2009 at 07:52 AM.
    Sam Asante ~ Web & User Interface Designer ~ SamAsante.com
    World-Class cPanel Themes
    Responsive WHMCS Themes

If Anthony is online throughout the day then he must have me blocked and ignoring all of my emails that i have sent him.

This was over the past 2 weeks so i can assure you his work ethic if any is not there. He was very happy to take my money quickly although when it came to delivering a product it was non existant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Asante View Post
    As far as I know, Anthony's work ethic has improved a lot recently.

<<snipped>>

The threads that you posted are ancient. I assure you that it isn't like Anthony to leave clients in the dark like this (at least not for the past few months).

However, there are 2 sides to each story, I would like to hear Anthony's side.
    Last edited by bear; 10-06-2009 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paynemorgan View Post
    If Anthony is online throughout the day then he must have me blocked and ignoring all of my emails that i have sent him.

This was over the past 2 weeks so i can assure you his work ethic if any is not there. He was very happy to take my money quickly although when it came to delivering a product it was non existant.
    Ok, I'm staying out of this.

Good luck resolving things.
    Responsive WHMCS Themes

Another thread i found justifying my first post:

http://www.talkfreelance.com/showthread.php?t=60223

Thank you for the warning, as I maybe looking for some work to be done in the near future I would not want this happening to me. Good Luck

Thanks for the warning, wont be outsourcing his way

I still have not received a refund from Anthony even after he emailed to say i would receive my refund within 12 hours. That was 6 days ago.

And still does not reply to my emails.

We're always so quick to jump to conclusions and call someone this or that. Yes, given Anthony's history it's been rather rocky but there are lives outside of the internet that you aren't aware of that can greatly impact online work.

I'm quite sure that he's not out to scam you or run off with your money. Almost ALL issues he's had in the past (even with me) have been 100% resolved. Just continue to try to work this out with him and you'll see progress.

Running off to a forum to post libel isn't the best approach.

How much history could he have? He's a 21 year old kid. Ever try to rely on a 21 year old? Its like throwing dice whether they will be concentrating or out at a party. I personally would have reservations trusting a kid unless he is working in the next room where I can monitor things.

Quote Originally Posted by smarterthanspam View Post
    How much history could he have? He's a 21 year old kid. Ever try to rely on a 21 year old? Its like throwing dice whether they will be concentrating or out at a party. I personally would have reservations trusting a kid unless he is working in the next room where I can monitor things.
    I'm just going to chime in here. His age isn't really relevant in this situation. He is above the legal working age and has over 9 years of experience in the web design industry.
    Responsive WHMCS Themes

Chime away mate, but you have several people referring to his rocky history.

Seems to have more rocks than the Grand Canyon.

Has over 9 years experience in the web design industry....please....give it a break.

Maybe a few years yes...but over 9 years.....so you want us all to believe people were handing over £££'s to an 11 yr old just about to enter high school? somehow I think there's been a slight exaggeration. Fiddling around with paintshop pro as a kid doesn't constitute being involved in the industry.

Anyway, hopefully this can be resolved. Maybe the guy's out clubbing or met a bit of skirt, who knows.

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 10-12-2009 at 08:23 PM.
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

I highly recommend Anthony's services as previously posted on this forum, his work shows amazing talent and effort.

People do have lives outside of the Internet, so cut him slack, with your attitude, I wouldn't want to work with you either.

Anthony, who is in his twenties is far from a child fresh out of school, he has worked with some of the greatest design industries and top clients today.

Hope you get this resolved, he recently just finished a piece of work for me. It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by EarnersHost View Post
    I highly recommend Anthony's services as previously posted on this forum, his work shows amazing talent and effort.

People do have lives outside of the Internet, so cut him slack, with your attitude, I wouldn't want to work with you either.

Anthony, who is in his twenties is far from a child fresh out of school, he has worked with some of the greatest design industries and top clients today.

Hope you get this resolved, he recently just finished a piece of work for me. It's great.
    Lives outside the Internet is irrelevant. We all have lives outside the Internet. And talent is also irrelevant.

Bottom line is, if you don't have the time to complete a project, give a longer deadline. Or at VERY LEAST, a simple phone call or email to keep your client updated as to what is going on.

I am shocked than anyone treats a client like this, and I'm even more shocked to see people defending it.

If you can't find 2 minutes to keep communication with a client, you don't have time to be taking clients.

To the original poster, I'm sorry you had to have an experience like this. Trust is a major factor in a client relationship, and situations like this make it harder for people to trust other companies. I hope you find a reasonable resolve.

Take Care.
    Lime Drop Marketing!
    Web Design | Graphic Design | Logo Design
    http://www.limedrop.ca