Switching from mydomain to google apps

Hi guys! Thanks for the help ont he last thread

So now I have a problem. I recently bought an email hosting package with my domain at mydomain... but then i found out that google apps gives free emails. so i cancelled the email package (though it takes like 5 days to fully cancel), and i deleted all trace of emails from my cpanel. then i went to google and set up apps and put in all the MX records to how they said it. however, it's been over 24 hours now, and my MX record lookup still shows:

mail.website.org. [Preference = 25] instead of ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.

instead of the Google apps MX's. is it just a question of time, should i just wait some more, or am i missing some key step?

thanks guys!!

Where are you pointing your name server records to? Did you update the MX records there?

You will have to provide some more details about the setup. Like where are the name servers pointing to as asked above. Also, in the server where the domain is hosted, it will have to be removed from /etc/localdomains and put in /etc/remotedomains

Did you try looking it up from another site in case the nameservers you're using are showing you cached records?

Umm, I'm somewaht confused... in my "DNS management" my nameservers are set to the nameservers of my host (which is different from where i got my domain)

If the DNS for the domain is handled by your host, you need to add the Google MX records in to your control panel.

If the DNS for the domain is handled by the registrar you will need to do it there.

What control panel do you have for your hosting, where did you 'add' the google MX records originally?
    Ore Stone Radio
    Playing the best unsigned new music 24 hours a day
    Musicians - Visit our forums to submit your music for airplay

www.orestoneradio.com an Ore Stone Music Ltd. Company

I added the MX records to "DNS management" where I got my domain.. at mydomain.com. My hosting is under Zymic, and I can't find DNS management anywhere in my Zymic control panel

Quote Originally Posted by urgenthelpneeded View Post
    I added the MX records to "DNS management" where I got my domain.. at mydomain.com. My hosting is under Zymic, and I can't find DNS management anywhere in my Zymic control panel
    Are you still using them for hosting? If so you will need to contact them to get the MX record changed. If you are moving away completely, get the domain registrar to manage your DNS (Change your nameservers to them) and adjust the records within their control panel.
    It's Scott!