leaseweb -> swiftway

Hello,

I have my dedicated solutions in leaseweb from couple of years and i am intrested in moving now to swiftway because of prices and the fact that's .nl too.
    Anyone can say anything about current swiftway network ? is it stable? any downtimes? what about latency? I will see big diffrence between lw and swiftway?

Cheers.

I've never heard of them. Have you searched for reviews here @ WHT and on other web-hosting related sites? This thread may be a start:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=862387
    Umbra Hosting
    cPanel | Softaculous | CloudLinux | CloudFlare Optimized Partner
    Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    UmbraHosting.com

I think swiftway has a representative on WHT, try doing a search.

If it's mainly prices, try contacting your current provider, I am sure they could work something out for you if you ask nicely .
    Porsus.com
    The Simple Server Provider.
    Low cost 1U servers.
    Located in Dallas

You will actually not see a lot of difference in latency between our network and the Leaseweb network. We actually use their daughter company fiberring as one of our uplink providers. Their uplinks are pretty similar.

The Leaseweb network is larger then our network (more capacity) but that should not affect you as a client. We always make sure that we have double the network capacity then the total of network capacity used by our clients.

That said, Leaseweb is a pretty good provider. If you are happy with them, then it's worth to negotiate your current pricing with them first, before considering another provider.
    Last edited by swiftnoc; 10-06-2009 at 02:04 AM.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

if you are looking for NL provider i highly recommend worldstream.nl, cheap prices and superior network.

i used to have a server their for 6 months, and i never had 1 hour down time during the 6 months ... their support is good but only in the working hours.

Quote Originally Posted by IC3 Networks View Post
    i used to have a server their for 6 months, and i never had 1 hour down time during the 6 months ... their support is good but only in the working hours.
    I honestly feel and believe that Internet related business is a 24/7 business. So support should be available 24/7. Without bashing the competitor but just listing the facts for honest comparison, note that Worldstream standard SLA mentions repair of broken hardware within 1 work/business day. If your server goes down on friday, you technically have to wait untill monday before they repair it.

Do you work for worldstream? since your statement is not correct.
    The network did have issues in the last 6 months. And it was down for more then 1 hour. For example:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=888946
    and
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...dstream+outage

It is ok to recommend a provider, but please keep it to facts, not fiction.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

no, i don't work for worldstream of course, i just said the facts i had in the past months.

as for your company, i can't really say anything about it since i never tried it or heard about it.

as for network issues, i never had any trouble with them and the server up time was 100%.

btw, i am not even a customer there atm, because i started to lower the number of servers i have due to financial problems.

edit// i agree with you on the support point but the price difference still high.

[OFFTOPIC]Remon/SwiftNoc, Please do not comment on other Dutch companies (trust me, they're also not happy the way you're trying to bash them). And what you are stating is not correct. We are also available on Saturday and Sunday.

I'm out of this topic now. I just had to clear some things.

Dirk

WorldStream, some europe providers will ask you to pay if you want a support during saturday and sunday or if you need 24/7 support.

Are you doing the same?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by WorldStream View Post
    [OFFTOPIC]Please do not comment on other Dutch companies (trust me, they're also not happy the way you're trying to bash them
    Dirk, a few months ago we had a similar discussion, in that discussion you promised to produce photo material of 'your' datacenter. Are these photo's available now?

I do not bash your company, but if a client states he did not have a single downtime in 6 months and it is evidently not true, then i feel i can comment on that.

A client should compare apples with apples.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldStream View Post
    And what you are stating is not correct. We are also available on Saturday and Sunday.
    It is directly from your website. Standard SLA1 is selected, i quote from worldstream.nl

"SLA1.0 - Hardware replacement within one workday" Free
    and
    " SLA2.0 - Hardware replacement within one day," Euro 40,00 / month.

Swiftway, you are accusing me to be a liar without proof.

i really don't see what is your problem ?!!!
    i posted my experience with them, if you don't like my post or see it against the WHT rules, report it .. otherwise, don't accuse others specially when you don't have proofs.

however, i think instead of doing what you are doing, go and make the guy a better offer instead of bashing another company and accusing me as a liar, this way you can get more customers " that's just my opinion, take it or leave it ".

i just learned something from this thread, if i am looking for NL provider, i would never go to Swiftway.

Swiftway, you are accusing me to be a liar without proof.
    I said you were incorrect. And provided proof for it as well. Here it is again:

The network did have issues in the last 6 months. And it was down for more then 1 hour. For example:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=888946
    and
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...dstream+outage

Just click the links and the proof is right there.
    Every network can have outages however, the outages of their network provider does not make worldstream a bad provider at all. But your claim of 100% uptime in the last 6 months is simply not correct.

however, i think instead of doing what you are doing, go and make the guy a better offer instead of bashing another company and accusing me as a liar, this way you can get more customers " that's just my opinion, take it or leave it ".
    The thread was a request for comparison between Leaseweb and Swiftway. Did i bash Leaseweb? not at all. I even recommended the prospect to do that what is the best for him: talk with Leaseweb about the pricing first. We respect our peers, like we respect Leaseweb. When you replied with your review about worldstream, i corrected it with the facts that can be found with a simple search on this forum.
    Last edited by swiftnoc; 10-06-2009 at 07:02 AM.

I would like to add one last thing to this discussion between IC3 Networks and myself. Leaseweb and Swiftway both focus on large volumes of traffic for a low price. We are pretty comparable in the brands of hardware used (HP, IBM, Dell and Supermicro), the service provided (24/7) and the target market aimed for (businesses, streaming media). The traffic packages are also comparable.

The datacenters used are comparable as well. The main datacenter of Swiftway (Easynet) also serves Leaseweb, for example.

Worldstream seem to have another focus, another target market. Mentioning them as an alternative for Leaseweb, will in my opinion not help the OP a lot.
    Last edited by swiftnoc; 10-06-2009 at 07:18 AM.

ok, thanks for clearing everything ... i read your urls, but i still want to say i stayed for around 6 months and i had no down time, maybe because i left before this happen to them "09-09-2009" but what i said above is true and i don't work for them or has anything related to them or even care about their sales or yours.

i just posted my experience and the OP can use the search function to gain more info on the 3 companies.

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    WorldStream, some europe providers will ask you to pay if you want a support during saturday and sunday or if you need 24/7 support.

Are you doing the same?
    Our support is the same on Saturday and Sunday like the rest of the week.

I noticed aggressive posting replies in the past from said user.