Thread: Thenynoc down?

Thenynoc down?

Hey all,

One of my VPS's there seems to be down. Anyone else having trouble? Additionally, I tried to login to their support desk to log a ticket, but it wouldn't let me in. I reset the password, and even with the new password I couldn't get in.

Hopefully it all gets sorted soon...
      0 Not allowed!

They use Limestone Networks for their VPS nodes I believe, and might be explained with the LSN downtime earlier.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzServers-J View Post
    They use Limestone Networks for their VPS nodes I believe, and might be explained with the LSN downtime earlier.
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I imagine with the issues resolved, it'll still take a while to boot all the VPS servers.

It's really not a big deal, as I only use it for DNS, which I have other servers to help with that.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

We have vps nodes in NY, TX, and LA. In your case Bobby, it is related to an unpaid invoice. Please check your account to view any invoices.

Thank you
      0 Not allowed!

Actually, we didn't notice any LN downtime on any of the nodes so I'm not sure how you can say we had downtime in Texas. Even hyperspin didn't notice any downtime so that is just speculation.

Not sure why you have an attitude towards myself Jason. I wasn't even replying to your post.

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Salsero View Post
    Actually, we didn't notice any LN downtime on any of the nodes so I'm not sure how you can say we had downtime in Texas. Even hyperspin didn't notice any downtime so that is just speculation.

Not sure why you have an attitude towards myself Jason. I wasn't even replying to your post.

Thanks
    I'm not having an attitude towards you Andy.

My simple point is that, if Limestone Networks had downtime which was noticed in 2 posts in the outages forums and multiple responses to those, then surely that affects you... as an LSN customer?
      0 Not allowed!

My point is that we weren't affected though. Surely we would know if we were
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

We have vps nodes in NY, TX, and LA. In your case Bobby, it is related to an unpaid invoice. Please check your account to view any invoices.

Thank you
    Hey,

That's odd. I haven't received any emails from you regarding the invoice being generated or anything, until today when you added a late fee. I paid it once I got that email, and the VPS is up.

On another note, like I said, I wasn't even able to login to your client portal until you sent the late fee notice.

I assumed you guys were having problems, because I constantly have downtime from you guys. If anyone cares to see what kind of downtime I'm talking about, they can see it on my PUBLIC Pingdom page.

I'm definitely irritated by the way you've handled the situation. I would have appreciated an email or something.

Also, like I said, I emailed support (support@thenynoc.com listed on your website), and I've yet to hear a response on that. I wouldn't have emailed if I could have logged in.

Thanks,
      0 Not allowed!

My point is that we weren't affected though. Surely we would know if we were
    I'd hope so, because my pingdom (http://www.pingdom.com/reports/41xm8...01+%2869.XX%29) has caught a lot.
      0 Not allowed!

We send out invoice reminders before they are due so I'm not sure why you were not getting them. All of our other clients get them.

You're welcome.
      0 Not allowed!

We send out invoice reminders before they are due so I'm not sure why you were not getting them. All of our other clients get them.

You're welcome.
    Well, I might be welcome, but I certainly didn't get them. Not this month. Your attitude is a big turn off. Do you treat all your customers this way?
      0 Not allowed!

I don't see anything that was down wrong on my part or the company's part unfortunately. This was a simple case of an overdue invoice which if you login to the client area and click on My Emails, you will see your Invoice and Payment reminder emails.

Thank you
      0 Not allowed!

I don't see anything that was down wrong on my part or the company's part unfortunately. This was a simple case of an overdue invoice which if you login to the client area and click on My Emails, you will see your Invoice and Payment reminder emails.

Thank you
    I'll say it again. I couldn't login, and I certainly didn't get your emails, I'm not sure why either, and just because WHMCS has them in the database doesn't mean that I got them, or that they were even sent.

If I could have logged in, I would have noticed the problem.

I've never had a problem with you until today (even with the downtime over the past few months), and I've recommended you to several other companies.

Hopefully I won't see any more problems, but we'll see.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalSapphire View Post
    I was replying against the clients reply. The client got it wrong not me. I was replying to his words.
    It doesn't make sense to reply only to the point of view of the OP when there is clearly an accounting matter causing the problem.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by UH-Bobby View Post
    I'll say it again. I couldn't login, and I certainly didn't get your emails, I'm not sure why either, and just because WHMCS has them in the database doesn't mean that I got them, or that they were even sent.
    It happens everywhere for various reasons. Spamtraps, email classification rules, non-responsive email servers, all kinds of reasons. Today is d-day for a couple of clients who have been emailed at multiple addresses manually. Still no reponse. No NDR's, just complete silence. The only way to get their attention it seems will be to disable services on their zones. Then they'll be pissed. But what else can you do? Let them ride for free forever? If they at least answered with, "I need a few days", that would be ok. But not total silence.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzServers-J View Post
    I'm not having an attitude towards you Andy.

My simple point is that, if Limestone Networks had downtime which was noticed in 2 posts in the outages forums and multiple responses to those, then surely that affects you... as an LSN customer?
    Yes and yes. ..
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you
    I decided to look into my client area, in the my emails area as you suggested.

Here's what I have:

09/21/2009 00:01 Invoice Payment Reminder
    09/21/2009 00:00 Customer Invoice

Other than that, I have no reminders (due date is 9/28), overdue notices, nothing, until today. So obviously, something is still funky. I should have gotten overdue notices.

Anyway, my bad on the missed payment. However, in my own defense, if I would have had a reminder, I would have promptly paid, when I realized my mistake.

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!