Global DNS to enhance Google

Is there a way to use DNS system (eg. Power DNS) so that based on geographical location Googlebot will locate a localized version of the site and hence will get a higher ranking for that country?

There are DNS systems which can redirect based on the location of the user; but this means that they look up the IP from the requester and based on that return the route to the local location.

I'm not sure of which location the IP's from googlebot come from; but if they are all from the same location your idea would not work.

I assume you need to visit some SEO forums like SEO chat for that and ask experts there. I assume here you will be able to get in touch with web hosting experts not with SEO experts
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Quote Originally Posted by Gigaron View Post
    Is there a way to use DNS system (eg. Power DNS) so that based on geographical location Googlebot will locate a localized version of the site and hence will get a higher ranking for that country?
    I wouldn't do it like that, the best way is to use different domains with the right country TLD. Second best option if you don't want to buy a swag of domains is localized sub-domains on your primary domain for example.

es.site.com
    jp.site.com

Then use Google Webmaster Tools to assign the correct geo-targeting option to each.
    Great Host = WiredTree.com Managed VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by 1boss1 View Post
    I wouldn't do it like that, the best way is to use different domains with the right country TLD. Second best option if you don't want to buy a swag of domains is localized sub-domains on your primary domain for example.

es.site.com
    jp.site.com

Then use Google Webmaster Tools to assign the correct geo-targeting option to each.
    Sounds like the most sensible and workable option. Google can decide to crawl a server from just about anywhere, and they can change the pattern on a dime. This is presuming you can even figure out what the pattern is. Of course, the original proposal is a variant on cloaking, and a site can get slapped royally for that.

Save geolocation for serving the real content once the ranking is achieved.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com