Google checkout? Comments ?? Suggestions?

I am wondering who is using google checkout for their CC process? The fees seem really good. Does anyone have any kind of feedback on them?

Monthly Sales Through Google Checkout Fees Per Transaction
    Less than $3,000 2.9% + $0.30
    $3,000 - $9,999.99 2.5% + $0.30
    $10,000 - $99,999.99 2.2% + $0.30
    $100,000 or more 1.9% + $0.30

We use them. They work similar to paypal and they deposit your funds into your bank account usually two business days after receiving them.

I just wish they had a debit card associated with them rather than moving funds to a bank account. Similar to paypal.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Can you use Google Checkout merchant account if you are outside UK and US?

We've been using Google checkout for awhile now. We've had luck but have denied probably 25% of the transactions.

Google tells you the age of the google checkout account making the purchase so theres a level of confidence. If a person has a google checkout account for months and it's not being hijacked your pretty safe.

However I do have to question what would happen if an account were hijacked, I think people in our line of business would be left holding the bag.

I'd say accept it, but screen them well. They pay us slower then our merchant account provider does.

Also they only allow you to link 1 bank account. That's annoying compared to PayPal that let's you link multiple accounts. One might assume that google would eventually have it's own debit card system, im sure it's not that far down the tracks.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

They are pretty harsh when it comes to chargeback issues, and the process is lacking alot.

Also SeanK, I dunno if they still do this but when we signed up they would give you credit towards processing if you were an adwords advertiser.

That could help make a decision if they still offer that.

Moonster, there is no chargeback defense for non-tangible goods, im assuming that SeanK is referring to non-tangible goods. This policy pretty much is active no matter who is processing your transactions. Merchant accounts will usually allow you to present a written contract for your defense but that's only after you've been docked the funds. I don't think google or PayPal allow you to even defend a non-tangible goods claim.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

One of our main complaints is that some customers expect to receive their account details immediately after paying - this happens with Paypal, but Google won't emit a "paid" call through the API until the account passes their anti-fraud muster. Most of the time it's inside 10 minutes however one individual had to wait about 45 minutes for the fraud checks to clear, and if I recall correctly the docs for GC say the wait could be up to two hours?

Other than that I'm glad we chose to accept it (but then again we were a Paypal-only outfit prior to them, I don't know if it would be worth doing if you have an actual merchant account), and I do wish they'd bring back the credits for adwords users.
    I used to run the oldest commercial Mumble host.

I'm also thinking of using Google Checkout, but unsure. It's good to have a anti-fraud muster but, not much will wait so long.

When is Google going to offer this service in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanK View Post
    I am wondering who is using google checkout for their CC process? The fees seem really good. Does anyone have any kind of feedback on them?

Monthly Sales Through Google Checkout Fees Per Transaction
    Less than $3,000 2.9% + $0.30
    $3,000 - $9,999.99 2.5% + $0.30
    $10,000 - $99,999.99 2.2% + $0.30
    $100,000 or more 1.9% + $0.30
    very expensive, as they charge for any extra operations like partial refund or full refund.
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Many people use Google Checkout for credit card processing purposes. This solution is pretty good.

I'm also thinking of using Google Checkout, but have not committed yet. I want to make sure their monthly limit is what we need.

Chad Timothy

We've had no issues with Google Checkout.
    Need money? Got money? Want to talk? The Money Forums
    New! Web hosting jobs!