Internet Company

Hi all I want to share an idea I have and would like some tips.

I know a lot about computers and want to open up a internet cafe. What I want to do is have my hosting company office in there and my designing also custom computer building, fixinig and moding to run out of the cafe, Itll all be in the back or on another floor. Also provide internet and computers like you can pay 3 dollars for an hour to use one of our computers for almost anything, they will be exspensive computers. Also sell computer parts

and software. How dose this sound? Could it be done?

It's definitely a good idea - however, you would need to research your "local" market - i.e. is there any demand for the services you want to offer locally? How does your expected pricing fit in with competitors in your area?
    Other than that, I think you should perhaps start out with a small number of computers for the internet cafe - perhaps using some of your "restored" machines ... and use those to promote your services.

Hope that helps ..

I agree with crativ, start small first, see how it goes because you don't want to invest so much money in the beginning and not have it pay you back.

There are cyber cafe's around where I live that charge about $1/hour per computer - but that's because of competition, you should definitely research your area to get an idea of pricing and where the nearest cyber cafe may be.

Good luck I planned on doing something like this but later on I just went with the custom computer building which I can basically do from my home.

I'm looking to open it up soon about 2 years from now, Me my partner and Lawer have talked about it being corparated, and all and we decided that its going to take about $4,000 just to get everything I need and about $1,500 a month for the rent for the cafe and about $1,000 a month for bills like light etc..

For example, LAN's or Cafe's in my area are POPULAR. I mean POPULAR, but they have all had very poor management and gone under, it's something I am actually considering starting up with my friend, trying to go about starting a gaming cafe and having it double for an office.

Location Location Location is all I can say.
    Not sure what to put here :-P

@mooseweb

I have a friend who runs a gaming cafe that does console games only and he is doing fantastic. My town is fairly small (about 50,000 in the area) but that hasn't been an issue at all. He has 24 setups. Each one has a PS3, Xbox, Wii and a 32" LCD all set in front of a gaming chair.

Check out his site. http://www.gamepods.net/. He is the process of franchising it as well.
    Matt Gorecki
    Go! Elephant Online Backup
    http://goelephant.com

For me it is quite a good idea. It sounds good.