Thumbs down VirpusNetworks (Review) Not the best Service!

Hello Folks,

Well i decided for hosting my company's billing system & site, I would you a Separate VPS and not use our Dedicated. Well I was first told setup would be a max of 4 hours, Took 8 hours, No big deal right? Well 2ndly their VPS Control panel would not work, Therefore i could not change my cPanel/WHM Password. I sent over 4 Tickets requesting my password for cPanel or assistance on why the Control panel would not work, Well I got 1 response from their support Dept, They said to contact Sales (This makes no sense why though), So i contact sales, (4) Times but no Replies, I call them, No answer, I live chat them, No Answer, So I request Cancellation, Its still pending that after 2 days. And as i just checked, I have yet to receive any replies to any of my tickets. So basically I spent money on nothing since i could not access my vps or cPanel/WHM
    That was my review for VirpusNetworks. We have decided to purchase 2 More dedicated's so now we have 3 Dedi's, (2) for our VPS Services, and 1 for our site/billing and they work fine. I just hope Virpus reads this and can upgrade their support to 24/7, Instead of Ignore/7,

* Moved to VPS Forum....

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

yea you picked a really bad time to place an order, I am sorry for your issues. Can I ask if you were on node charlie? I am on Node charlie and since my order alittle over 9 days theres been some sort of an issue going on. I am sticking with them as well I am not quite sure why at this point I just am. I hope there is a light at the end of all this but we'll see.

I believe their must of been a decent amount of orders as my benchmarks and SSH is terrible now. I mean their is no doubt my node is oversold to hell so I put in a for transfer. Right around that time VSX crashed and has been down since sept. 29th. So unfortunately Virpus is in need of some serious maintenance. My scores went from 88-115 to 24 to 39 is my average. I am on the second best VPS offered by Virpus.

Well I got 1 response from their support Dept, They said to contact Sales (This makes no sense why though)
    I finally figured out why that is, I was constantly getting pissed off about support telling me to contact sales. It finally hit me all their support is outsourced. That explains why they can't do any licensing, can't see local errors, etc. So yea you definitely picked a bad time to order however if you were willing to work it out with Ken he can be defensive and can come off as an ass. As long as you keep civil he will compromise with you though anyway possible. I believe this is why I have chosen to stick it out with them so far. I really hope I get off node charlie though I really feel a 30 benchmark for a 5mb unmetered 1024/2048 opteron system is pathetic and SSH is just nightmareish.

well i really need to get my site up and rolling, I dont have time for errors, Once i see their back in action, I will bring my consideration back up... For now though, Im stickin with my Dedi's. And @Sirius, Thanks for moving.

Thanks for your review, unfortunately it's not a positive one. I can only guess that perhaps due to the timing you haven't heard a response from the sales department because they don't operate over the weekend, but I do understand your frustration.
    Exceptional VPS Hosting. With love, 6sync.

well i really need to get my site up and rolling, I dont have time for errors,
    Oh I understand I was just letting you know it was just the timing more then likely 1 being weekend, 2 VSXpathways issues. I completely understand as I went through the same thing little more then a week ago. Best of luck to you with your Dedi's and your services.

That is one of the negative consequences of having an outsourced support group.

Quote Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
    Hello Folks,

Well i decided for hosting my company's billing system & site, I would you a Separate VPS and not use our Dedicated. Well I was first told setup would be a max of 4 hours, Took 8 hours, No big deal right? Well 2ndly their VPS Control panel would not work, Therefore i could not change my cPanel/WHM Password. I sent over 4 Tickets requesting my password for cPanel or assistance on why the Control panel would not work, Well I got 1 response from their support Dept, They said to contact Sales (This makes no sense why though), So i contact sales, (4) Times but no Replies, I call them, No answer, I live chat them, No Answer, So I request Cancellation, Its still pending that after 2 days. And as i just checked, I have yet to receive any replies to any of my tickets. So basically I spent money on nothing since i could not access my vps or cPanel/WHM
    That was my review for VirpusNetworks. We have decided to purchase 2 More dedicated's so now we have 3 Dedi's, (2) for our VPS Services, and 1 for our site/billing and they work fine. I just hope Virpus reads this and can upgrade their support to 24/7, Instead of Ignore/7,
    Managed or Unmanaged?

All these tickets, what are the actual timelines?

Just so I understand, you were purchasing a VPS for billing purposes, but since it did not work out you purchased two additional Dedicated servers?

Why the second dedicated server, and what is the relation to having a bad experience with a VPS provider?

I am not dissing at all. Just looking for an initial contact timeline to put everything that backs up all of your contact attempts.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by redmeds View Post
    Managed or Unmanaged?

All these tickets, what are the actual timelines?

Just so I understand, you were purchasing a VPS for billing purposes, but since it did not work out you purchased two additional Dedicated servers?

Why the second dedicated server, and what is the relation to having a bad experience with a VPS provider?

I am not dissing at all. Just looking for an initial contact timeline to put everything that backs up all of your contact attempts.
    I Believe it was Managed, It will all between a week time frame, Reason being I got 2 servers was because My Server Provider was having a Killer Deal, So i got 2 more servers, So now I have 2 for VPS, and 1 For the Website & Billing/Support. I just got a email from Ken basically saying they are having a ton of issues, Now why couldn't their support tech tell me that. I would of stayed with them if I'd ah know that.

their support tech didnt know since he is outsourced he has no way of seeing what is locally going on one of the bad things about outsourcing support I guess. Ken I am sure will do anything necessary for his customers especially with this long downtime. However I want to stress even though VSXpathways is down my site or my customers sites have never gone down during this. Just limits the functionality of my VPS

DevGuy,

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. VSXPathway has been causing some issues, but I never responded to you saying anything about a 'ton of issues', so I do not know where you get this from. The only issues we have is VSXPathway and is completely out of our control. We did send out an e-mail to all of our customers regarding this, and also noted ovz-charlie, which isn't even a server you're on.

I wish you the best with your new host. I do see you submitted a cancellation request, and we'll process it Monday.

Jessay,

I am not going to continue to recap what has already been said, but licensing nor anything that is non-technical related is handled by our support department, and its as simple as that. When adding new licenses, that increases our expenses, and it recorded as such at the time of licensing. It wouldn't make sense to give our techs the responsibilities of being an accountant/bookkeeper, which they are not trained for. Additionally, none of our nodes are oversold, in fact, we undersell them by 25% to allow for upgrades.

Our technicians are contracted throughout the world to ensure a 24/7 staff, plus we also utilize technicians on-site here in Kansas City.
    Last edited by VN-Ken; 10-04-2009 at 03:36 AM.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers