hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : 2 good 2 B True? Eugene Hosting???
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

2 good 2 B True? Eugene Hosting???

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2002, 12:08 AM

2 good 2 B True? Eugene Hosting???

I was doing some research on shopping carts, and stumbled over Eugene Hosting. They are preposterously cheap - full featured packages start at $1.75. Basically, the packages all come with the works and you just pay for space. They got a free shopping cart so you can have SSL and a cart for less that $2!

Got to be a catch somewhere but I couldn't find it. Anyone tried them?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2002, 01:19 AM
Web Hosting Master

You will probably find the catch in 6 months time

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Old 11-17-2002, 01:37 AM
Web Hosting Master

Think of it this way, would you buy a house for USD1,000 ? If you would, then sign up with these guys...you WILL NOT go wrong!

Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2002, 01:44 AM
Web Hosting Master

Can you provide a link?

If you think it's too good to be true, it probably is as the saying goes...

Old 11-17-2002, 01:54 AM
WHT Addict

Well, if it is eugenehosting.com, their forum has two registered members.

www.epitomized.com

Old 11-17-2002, 10:49 AM

Good point. They probably are keeping the price down, to try and snag a third!

Link btw is
http://www.eugenehosting.com

Quote:
Originally posted by epitomized
Well, if it is eugenehosting.com, their forum has two registered members.

Old 11-17-2002, 10:57 AM

Hmmm......

Rochen is one of the others I've been considering, but I got to say it always makes me suspect when a company disparages the competition, without citing any hard facts to back it up. If you know the firm is under investigation or has filed bankruptcy thats OK because that's a matter of public record, but innuendo makes you look bad. In this case its particulary amusing, because you are one of the others than people have told me looks too good to be true.

Cross two off the list......

Quote:
Originally posted by rochen
You will probably find the catch in 6 months time

Old 11-17-2002, 11:00 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

Just remember: you will always get what you pay for. If you pay $.30 for a bus ride you get a bus ride. If you pay $100.00 for a limo you get a limo ride.

Old 11-17-2002, 11:07 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

For sure their prices are low, but look at the monthly bandwidth available: 500MB, 1GB, 1GB, 2GB.

This is rediculously low. What can you do with 500MB? I'm asking you.

They do not say how much extra badwidth costs (if they do, I didn't see it), but the catch might be there.

Old 11-17-2002, 12:11 PM

This is what they say on their FAQ :-)

<<Question; Is 5 gigs of data transfer enough?
Answer: Yes, yes, yes! 5 gigs of data transfer is PLENTY!

Here is an explanation:

5 gigs = 5,000,000 KB

1) If your webpage is 1 KB that means you can receive 12 Million hits per month.
2) If your webpage is 5KB, then you can receive 2.4 million hits per month.
3) If your webpage is 12KB, then you can get 1 million hits per month.

Again, 98% of our customers never reach 5 gig of data transfer so for the most part, there isn't anything to worry about. >>

(NOTE: if your website receives over 5 gigs of data transfer, you can definitely make your money back on web hosting from advertisers! You canít lose!)
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Angel
For sure their prices are low, but look at the monthly bandwidth available: 500MB, 1GB, 1GB, 2GB.

This is rediculously low. What can you do with 500MB? I'm asking you.

They do not say how much extra badwidth costs (if they do, I didn't see it), but the catch might be there.

Old 11-17-2002, 01:19 PM
WHT Addict

How is $1.75 fpr 25 MB of space and 500MB of transfer stupid? This is normal. I pay $3.75 for 3GB of transfer and 150MB of space with Dixiesys.

Old 11-17-2002, 01:31 PM
Texas Female

IMO only...but I think some of the offers posted here in this forum are more outlandish, if you just look around!
A couple of points here worth noting....
The whois shows this host is only about 3 mo. old.
Their plans are cheap but they do have a setup fee, normally 20.00, now on special for 10.00.
The cart they are offering is commerce.cgi (very good, from what Ive heard)
which is a free script that can be installed.
Soooo, this host is offering a package deal apparently, and will install it for you.

Old 11-17-2002, 02:29 PM

Nothing wrong with free carts - as long as they work, and are supported. That's one of my beefs with my current host Westhost - they have all these neat free scripts like THAT'S AN ORDER that don't work, and no one there has a clue why or is the slightest bit interested in trying to figure out, and there is no support for them anywhere on the net.
Commerce.cgi has a website, forums, and a genuine user community to draw upon. And Eugene has the other good stuff, like SSL, at all package levels, to help one take advantage of it. Hey what more do you want for $2?

I think its funny here how everyone spouts truisms buses and houses then runs off looking for a cheaper registrar. Plenty of old line ones about still trying to charge suckers $20-40, are all you get-what-you-payfers still using them?

Quote:
Originally posted by Martie

The cart they are offering is commerce.cgi (very good, from what Ive heard)
which is a free script that can be installed.
Soooo, this host is offering a package deal apparently, and will install it for you.

Old 11-17-2002, 03:01 PM
Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by Webtrash
This is what they say on their FAQ :-)

<<Question; Is 5 gigs of data transfer enough?
Answer: Yes, yes, yes! 5 gigs of data transfer is PLENTY!

Here is an explanation:

5 gigs = 5,000,000 KB

1) If your webpage is 1 KB that means you can receive 12 Million hits per month.
2) If your webpage is 5KB, then you can receive 2.4 million hits per month.
3) If your webpage is 12KB, then you can get 1 million hits per month.

Again, 98% of our customers never reach 5 gig of data transfer so for the most part, there isn't anything to worry about. >>

(NOTE: if your website receives over 5 gigs of data transfer, you can definitely make your money back on web hosting from advertisers! You canít lose!)
First of all dude, it seems apparent that you are looking for some CHEAP hosting and are trying to ask some questions, HOWEVER, when you are given answers and opinions YOU respond as if you have ALL the answers, so which is it? Do you want answers/opinions or do you just want to enter into dialogue with forum members to help you decide how to spend about oh, I guess $1.75/month

Do your research and choose someone. Do search on the forums and choose someone, but my damn how can you waste time about CHEAP ASS HOSTING PLANS and then bash those and call yourself "crossing them off the list"?

Oh and yeah - if you are still considering them and you copied and pasted that from their F.A.Q.S. and I am assuming that you have read it clearly (since you did post it) then you would have to be an idiot to still consider a company that CAN'T HANDLE SIMPLE MATH!!!

How would you trust them to bill you? or moreover stay in business to serve you?

Rots of Ruck

Old 11-17-2002, 03:48 PM

It's called having a dialogue. It's sort of the point of forums like this. A lot of us have questions and answers, but just not matching sets.

Quote:
Originally posted by ZiCmaN

First of all dude, it seems apparent that you are looking for some CHEAP hosting and are trying to ask some questions, HOWEVER, when you are given answers and opinions YOU respond as if you have ALL the answers, so which is it?

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted