2 good 2 B True? Eugene Hosting???

I was doing some research on shopping carts, and stumbled over Eugene Hosting. They are preposterously cheap - full featured packages start at $1.75. Basically, the packages all come with the works and you just pay for space. They got a free shopping cart so you can have SSL and a cart for less that $2!

Got to be a catch somewhere but I couldn't find it. Anyone tried them?
      0 Not allowed!

You will probably find the catch in 6 months time
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost
      0 Not allowed!

Think of it this way, would you buy a house for USD1,000 ? If you would, then sign up with these guys...you WILL NOT go wrong!
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.
      0 Not allowed!

Can you provide a link?

If you think it's too good to be true, it probably is as the saying goes...
      0 Not allowed!

Well, if it is eugenehosting.com, their forum has two registered members.
    Jesse Barron
    [email protected]
    Epitomized Hosting: Exceeding Your Expectations
    www.epitomized.com
      0 Not allowed!

Good point. They probably are keeping the price down, to try and snag a third!

Link btw is
    http://www.eugenehosting.com

Originally posted by epitomized
      0 Not allowed!

Hmmm......

Rochen is one of the others I've been considering, but I got to say it always makes me suspect when a company disparages the competition, without citing any hard facts to back it up. If you know the firm is under investigation or has filed bankruptcy thats OK because that's a matter of public record, but innuendo makes you look bad. In this case its particulary amusing, because you are one of the others than people have told me looks too good to be true.

Cross two off the list......

Originally posted by rochen
    You will probably find the catch in 6 months time
      0 Not allowed!

Just remember: you will always get what you pay for. If you pay $.30 for a bus ride you get a bus ride. If you pay $100.00 for a limo you get a limo ride.
    Richard
    Multiple Domain Hosting | See our Ad in PC Magazine
    Windows Reseller Hosting @ www.e3servers.com
      0 Not allowed!

For sure their prices are low, but look at the monthly bandwidth available: 500MB, 1GB, 1GB, 2GB.

This is rediculously low. What can you do with 500MB? I'm asking you.

They do not say how much extra badwidth costs (if they do, I didn't see it), but the catch might be there.
      0 Not allowed!

This is what they say on their FAQ :-)

<<Question; Is 5 gigs of data transfer enough?
    Answer: Yes, yes, yes! 5 gigs of data transfer is PLENTY!

Here is an explanation:

5 gigs = 5,000,000 KB

1) If your webpage is 1 KB that means you can receive 12 Million hits per month.
    2) If your webpage is 5KB, then you can receive 2.4 million hits per month.
    3) If your webpage is 12KB, then you can get 1 million hits per month.

Again, 98% of our customers never reach 5 gig of data transfer so for the most part, there isn't anything to worry about. >>

(NOTE: if your website receives over 5 gigs of data transfer, you can definitely make your money back on web hosting from advertisers! You canít lose!)
    Originally posted by Dark Angel
    For sure their prices are low, but look at the monthly bandwidth available: 500MB, 1GB, 1GB, 2GB.

This is rediculously low. What can you do with 500MB? I'm asking you.

They do not say how much extra badwidth costs (if they do, I didn't see it), but the catch might be there.
      0 Not allowed!

How is $1.75 fpr 25 MB of space and 500MB of transfer stupid? This is normal. I pay $3.75 for 3GB of transfer and 150MB of space with Dixiesys.
      0 Not allowed!

IMO only...but I think some of the offers posted here in this forum are more outlandish, if you just look around!
    A couple of points here worth noting....
    The whois shows this host is only about 3 mo. old.
    Their plans are cheap but they do have a setup fee, normally 20.00, now on special for 10.00.
    The cart they are offering is commerce.cgi (very good, from what Ive heard)
    which is a free script that can be installed.
    Soooo, this host is offering a package deal apparently, and will install it for you.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999
      0 Not allowed!

Nothing wrong with free carts - as long as they work, and are supported. That's one of my beefs with my current host Westhost - they have all these neat free scripts like THAT'S AN ORDER that don't work, and no one there has a clue why or is the slightest bit interested in trying to figure out, and there is no support for them anywhere on the net.
    Commerce.cgi has a website, forums, and a genuine user community to draw upon. And Eugene has the other good stuff, like SSL, at all package levels, to help one take advantage of it. Hey what more do you want for $2?

I think its funny here how everyone spouts truisms buses and houses then runs off looking for a cheaper registrar. Plenty of old line ones about still trying to charge suckers $20-40, are all you get-what-you-payfers still using them?

Originally posted by Martie

The cart they are offering is commerce.cgi (very good, from what Ive heard)
    which is a free script that can be installed.
    Soooo, this host is offering a package deal apparently, and will install it for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Webtrash
    This is what they say on their FAQ :-)

<<Question; Is 5 gigs of data transfer enough?
    Answer: Yes, yes, yes! 5 gigs of data transfer is PLENTY!

Here is an explanation:

5 gigs = 5,000,000 KB

1) If your webpage is 1 KB that means you can receive 12 Million hits per month.
    2) If your webpage is 5KB, then you can receive 2.4 million hits per month.
    3) If your webpage is 12KB, then you can get 1 million hits per month.

Again, 98% of our customers never reach 5 gig of data transfer so for the most part, there isn't anything to worry about. >>

(NOTE: if your website receives over 5 gigs of data transfer, you can definitely make your money back on web hosting from advertisers! You canít lose!)
    First of all dude, it seems apparent that you are looking for some CHEAP hosting and are trying to ask some questions, HOWEVER, when you are given answers and opinions YOU respond as if you have ALL the answers, so which is it? Do you want answers/opinions or do you just want to enter into dialogue with forum members to help you decide how to spend about oh, I guess $1.75/month

Do your research and choose someone. Do search on the forums and choose someone, but my damn how can you waste time about CHEAP ASS HOSTING PLANS and then bash those and call yourself "crossing them off the list"?

Oh and yeah - if you are still considering them and you copied and pasted that from their F.A.Q.S. and I am assuming that you have read it clearly (since you did post it) then you would have to be an idiot to still consider a company that CAN'T HANDLE SIMPLE MATH!!!

How would you trust them to bill you? or moreover stay in business to serve you?

Rots of Ruck
      0 Not allowed!

It's called having a dialogue. It's sort of the point of forums like this. A lot of us have questions and answers, but just not matching sets.

Originally posted by ZiCmaN

First of all dude, it seems apparent that you are looking for some CHEAP hosting and are trying to ask some questions, HOWEVER, when you are given answers and opinions YOU respond as if you have ALL the answers, so which is it?
      0 Not allowed!

Re: 2 good 2 B True? Eugene Hosting???

Originally posted by Webtrash

Got to be a catch somewhere but I couldn't find it.
    You asked for someone to help you view the site and give opinions and honestly, I think that's what you're getting. A lot of people here have experience with hosts that appeared "too good to be true."

Your best bet: Send an email off to the company and get a feel for them. If you do try them, let us know how it goes.

Good luck to you!
      0 Not allowed!

i think a lot of old hosts still belive in %10000 profits which they did 2 years ago, but time changed, you can get a good server with 400gb of traffic for $99/mo .. so what the problem to sell the account for $1.75/mo ... it will make good profit also .. but not %10000 ofcourse
    http://Unixhoster.com
    Lowcost shared, reseller and dedicated hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

Eugene Hosting

I know this is an old post but I just wanted to bring up that I have been with eugenehosting.com for about 1 year and have been very satisfied with them. They do only offer monthly billing so you're not obligated at all to say with them.
    Also, support has been very fast and friendly, most of the time it is the same person, Mark, that will work with you. He also leaves the ticket OPEN even after he has replied with a resolution, leaving it up to YOU to either reply with another question or close it if the resolution is satisfactory.
    Those little things it what makes me a happy customer.

My 2 cents.

Dan.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by epitomized
    Pixehost.com has 36 clients, and only 3 registered forum members. What are you trying to say? Ever think that most people get support through other means, or, *gasp* they don't have trouble with my service?
    Bayouspace Hosting
    Reliable, Full Featured cPanel Shared Hosting, with REAL 24/7 SUPPORT
    Established 11/2009, WHT member since 2003
    http://www.bayouspace.com
      0 Not allowed!

That is very true pixetech, I agree with you.

Just because there is 2 members does not reflect on how your company is doing or is capable of.
    Looking at their help center they many ways of contact.
    -Help Forum
    -FAQ
    -online Help Desk
    -Tutorial & how to Videos
    -Email

I choose to use the online help desk majority of the time because sometimes I don't feel like broadcasting my problems to the rest of the world.

Dan.
      0 Not allowed!

Note: This thread was started in 2002. No need to dig it back up. If you would like to address this issue though, please start a new thread. Thread closed.
      0 Not allowed!