can I use kaspersky with another antivirus

perhaps I should ask in kaspersky forum but just in case any body knows for security what anti virus do you suggest I can use with kaspersky? a free one

It is not recommended to run two live checking antivirus at the same time (i.e. you would need to manually scan your files).

If you want real - time scanning then you are recommended to just run one.
    http://www.rskeens.com
    A casual blog mainly about the web hosting industry

Kaspersky shouldn't be run with another a/v - it doesn't need one to backup!

Well, nothing's preventing you from it, but you can expect a *drastic* slowdown in responsiveness, a higher RAM usage, and lots of disk activity. Personally, I wouldn't do it. If anything, since you have a license to Kaspersky, use it as your primary AV; then, if you want to have another one, keep the second AV's real-time scanner off (as RSkeens mentioned) and use it to manually scan files. I agree with grandad though, if you've already got Kaspersky, you're already quite well off, it's IMHO one of the best paid Windows AVs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy View Post
    Well, nothing's preventing you from it
    There is a risk that the other AV will see the other AV and what it is doing as a virus its self, and attack it.

Running two AV's at once is just not worth it. Your second AV should be your common sense
    Alasdair

thanks I was thinking so

Quote Originally Posted by tickedon View Post
    There is a risk that the other AV will see the other AV and what it is doing as a virus its self, and attack it.

Running two AV's at once is just not worth it. Your second AV should be your common sense
    Well said... All you need is one trustworthy AV and your brain

I would also not recommend both anti virus programs running in your desktop. In addition to the dramatic slowdown of the performance of your PC, conflicts may arise between the programs.

Only one anti-virus program should be running in the background.

If you absolutely need to use another one, use an anti-malware program instead like SpyBot, Ad-Aware, and MalwareBytes. They help get rid of malware.

Quote Originally Posted by tickedon View Post

Antivirus fight! *both AVs slap take turns slapping each other while a virus sneaks through*

Yeah. Kaspersky should be fine running on it's own, although it might be a good idea to have an antispyware running along with it.

I had problem with spyware search and destroy along with kaspersky

I wouldn't run 2 at the same time. I always had really good luck with Kaspersky and never found a need for another anti-virus program.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

As several other people have stated, it is STRONGLY recommended that you stick to one AV program running at any given point. I have been using Vipre lately, and while relatively new to the market, it seems to be quite good while remaining lightweight.

I've seen so many mixed reviews on Kaspersky that I have been hesitant to give it a try. There's the Kaspersky is a scam camp yelling about how their machines have picked up terrible viruses while running Kaspersky and then there's the Kaspersky is wonderful camp that have never had a problem with anything while running it. Difficult to get the "full story" on any of the reviews of course.

Aside from it being a bad idea, the AV companies are becoming smarter . For instance, I had Avast AV installed, and wanted to install AVG. AVG installer told me Avast would be uninstalled first, I clicked next, and AVG uninstalled Avast, then installed itself .

Its not recommended to use two antiviruses at same time, it will result in crashing your OS.

Too many cooks spoils the food..!
    --------------------------------------
    Sunny - www.CraftsVision.com
    --------------------------------------
    We burn midnight oil and present you hand crafted websites.