Whats up with BLUE VIRTUAL

Hi all,

I have been with Blue Virtual (bluevirtual.com) for many years, since the Communitech days. However, the service these past few weeks has gone downhill big time.
    The BV forums are dead, the webhosting is up and down like a yoyo, mail is intermittent. Not just me but fellow users are experiencing the same.
    Support tickets are going unanswered (accounts & tech. support).

Any ideas whats happening? If I didn't know any better I'd think the company was in trouble.

Something smells here.

Ian.

Maybe it's time to start looking for a new provider, a more reliable one.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

I have already, I found the most reliable person/host I know......me!

Seriously, my requirements are real low so I've got my own email/webserver at home and pointed my domains there. So far so good.

Just interested to know what happened to the ultra-reliable Blue Virtual. I grew with those guys ever since they left Communitech and started their own company.

Ian.

In these types of situations it's very difficult to decide what to do. Sure switching providers is one option, but perhaps the recent issues are temporary and due to internal problems that they are trying to resolve. Of course in that case it would help if they posted info about it. I'd say give it a little more time and see if the issues persist before considering switching.

Hi all,

Well, that's been about a week now since they went all quiet/non-existant. I had posted a couple of support tickets to tech support & billing, and fired a couple of emails off to them also............ and none have been answered. Their forums are still dead also. This is very, very uncharacteristic.

So, no choice, I've deleted my CC details, deleted my files and am walking away. The trust has gone.......My opinion is that something serious has happened, and I don't think it's technical.

One other guy I know of has walked away also.

Ian.

It's hard to know if you're making the right decision but time will tell - hopefully you've found a new provider that will treat you as well as your old one did in the past (or better).
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

I found a new provider.............me!

I have installed at Server at my own location and installed my own web/email/ftp servers. My domain now points there and it's working like a dream.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by IanJohnston View Post

I have installed at Server at my own location and installed my own web/email/ftp servers. My domain now points there and it's working like a dream.

Ian.
    Awesome, who is your internet provider and what's the connection speed out of curiosity?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Ian.
    Update us your experience with the new provider . Any way I hope you have clarified the self hosting with your ISP.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    Update us your experience with the new provider . Any way I hope you have clarified the self hosting with your ISP.
    Well, I have known this host all my life, ever since I can remember. So I have high hopes.

It's a business aDSL service and hosting my own servers is allowed.

Ian.

Well, I have known this host all my life, ever since I can remember. So I have high hopes.

It's a business aDSL service and hosting my own servers is allowed.

Ian.
    Well mate. Wish you a happy hosting life ahead.

I thought I'd also throw in my agreement that Blue Virtual has completely fallen apart. I noticed it was sliding about a year ago, when support was taking much longer and everything was being answered by Chad or Jason. The whole operation appears to be run by these 2 young guys - likely our of their basement. We've had increasing outages and frustrations with them. When our server goes down, their site is often down too. Their phone lines seem to go down at the same time as well (not that they've answered the phone or responded to a voice message once in the over 100 calls I've placed).

Unfortunately, we're in pretty deep with them. We've got 4 dedicated servers and dozens of sites. We've been slowly migrating them all out of there and trying to move towards a better host (Liquid Web - they're absolutely amazing). I'd decided one more outage, and no matter the cost or time expense, we're moving everything. My current problem is that they're down, and I can't even access anything to move it. No response by phone or any other method, so I'm sitting here crossing my fingers that they haven't fallen off the planet, with all of our data.

Needless to say, stay far, far away from these clowns.

- Jeff

That's really sad to hear, especially when you have built your trust on them for a long time, it seems. It's really sad to hear a company suddenly goes down like that.

Good to know you are moving on now.
    Learn to protect yourself first,such as make buckups and keep it to beat down accidents!
    But that really sucks as disappeared in a sudden.
    HostEase Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

I also have been with bluevirtual since the end of communitech and liked them a lot. During the past 6 weeks outages started and occured 3-4 times a day without explanation from bluevirtual. Also since that time it seems support requests are no longer answered, so I switched to arvixe.com who offer more for less money.
    I sent bluevirtual a support ticket to cancel my account, told them the cancellation through their contact web interface and sent it even by fax. No reply yet, so I deleted the 'payment method' in the billing interface and wait what happens. Actually, a poor service! It would be an easy thing to establish at least an autoresponder for tickets that tell what's up. Their new 'no response' policy made me leave.

Quote Originally Posted by zombo View Post
    I also have been with bluevirtual since the end of communitech and liked them a lot. During the past 6 weeks outages started and occured 3-4 times a day without explanation from bluevirtual. Also since that time it seems support requests are no longer answered, so I switched to arvixe.com who offer more for less money.
    I sent bluevirtual a support ticket to cancel my account, told them the cancellation through their contact web interface and sent it even by fax. No reply yet, so I deleted the 'payment method' in the billing interface and wait what happens. Actually, a poor service! It would be an easy thing to establish at least an autoresponder for tickets that tell what's up. Their new 'no response' policy made me leave.
    I did the same, even resorting to changing my billing details to SANTA CLAUS, Card No. 0000 0000 0000 0000.

Then, just a couple of days ago I got an email from Jason Park (head honcho I believe), just a one liner to say my account had been deleted.

It's sad that they look to be in trouble, but not sad that they deserve everything coming to them if thats the way they are handling "problems".

Ian.

I've also been with BV since the beginning in 2001 and not the biggest reseller but do have 27 clients hosted with them, I've seen a decline in service from excellent to the worst ever in the last 3 months. As many of you have already stated, no emails, phone calls, support tickets have been answered and the sites are going down weekly. The only thing that seems to work 100% is their billing, they're right on top of that. With a couple of clients that make at least 2K of sales per day, I can not afford to have them down like this and have decided to move all of my clients but this time I am not putting them all with one host just in case. Probably the worst thing that really bugs me is that every time I cancel an account with them, my main reseller account goes down for hours sometimes a day or more. It seems that they are punishing me for leaving them. If you ask me, it looks like another belly-up company and possibly a class action lawsuit. All they needed to do is at least contact us and let us know they're doing something.

I have been with BV since 2001 and can only confirm that something is badly wrong. No reply to tickets and emails. The clients forum has been down for months. My own site is down since a week or so. Fortunately I closed my main account in May. There is only a small site left which is almost only used for emails. Nevertheless I would like to see it up. Mail is still working but for how long?

I see, it is time to move on. But where should I go? I'd prefer a host who has a clients forum. Any hints are appreciated.

Greetings to all former and present BV clients!
    Abakus

Blue Virtual is MIA and has been for months

Hi, Abakus - I recognize your name. (You may remember me as JeffD in the BV forum - an unreachable place for months.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abakus View Post
    I have been with BV since 2001 and can only confirm that something is badly wrong.
    Same here.

Blur Virtual sites have been unreachable again today, for the last 2 hours. BV site itself cannot be reached. The telephone help line disconnects.

Does anyone know how to reach support at Blue Virtual?

Thanks,
    JDCohan / aka JeffD

After getting billed for 2 accounts that are no longer with BV for the past month, I emailed, faxed and left voicemail telling them they're headed for a class action suit if they do not reverse the charges. One of them must of gotten to them because the charges were reversed.

BTW, I was sig on the BV Forum. Have any of you found a good replacement yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tthumb View Post
    BTW, I was sig on the BV Forum. Have any of you found a good replacement yet?
    Hi, sig; I remember you.

I may have one for you and Abakus...

I don't mean to be mysterious, but here's the deal: I found a host 2 years ago and have been EXTREMELY SATISFIED with them - until last month. Their service went from EXCEPTIONAL++ to CommuniTech-in-its-last-days grade (i.e., POOR) in November. I'm actually awaiting a reply from their Tech Support team. I wouldn't want to recommend them if it would be taking you from the frying pan to the fire.

Hi all,

meanwhile I have moved my site to another host and I am completely satisfied so far. But now there is a new problem with BV. It has not yet happened, but I suppose they will go on billing me. I could not access CCP to enter an invalid credit card. I sent an email to BV, but there was no reply, of course.

Greetings
    Abakus

Quote Originally Posted by Abakus View Post
    Hi all,

meanwhile I have moved my site to another host and I am completely satisfied so far. But now there is a new problem with BV. It has not yet happened, but I suppose they will go on billing me. I could not access CCP to enter an invalid credit card. I sent an email to BV, but there was no reply, of course.

Greetings
    Abakus
    Happy to hear you are with a good host now. I hope your billing problem with them will be sorted out soon somehow.

I've tried a few hosts in the last few weeks and I can say stay away from HostClear if possible. I got and account with them and added on 2 smaller client sites which were nothing but a few pages of text and maybe about 10 pictures at the most. Within one day my account was suspended for excess CPU usage(98%) and was told that I needed to get a dedicated server with them. I told them there was no way that 3 websites with nothing but some text and pics so they unsuspended me but had me change all my passwords and check my scripts which I had none. What I found was about 6 files that had been uploaded to one of my accounts that had to do something with IRC so I deleted them but not after downloading them so I could look at them.

After a few hours my account was suspended again for the same reason. Now I'm sure there are some good hackers out there but not that good to where they could figure out a 12 character password within 2 hours. I believe it was an employee of HostClear that was doing this just to make me get a dedicated server. I told them it was not me and demanded a total refund which they did after a few days.

I have the scripts they were adding if any of you are interested. I'm positive these guys were responsible and it was a big scam.

Just to let you know, I got 2 emails from BV yesterday, here is what they said:

As you know, we are currently working on a power issue that is affecting our primary data center. Due to a transformer outage a number of clients are still being affected by this. We are working to bring up all of the affected equipment. All shared hosting servers and e-mail servers should now be functioning as well as all control panels. We are now working on bringing up remaining dedicated server clients.
    Happy Surfing,
    Blue Virtual Team

and

The power issues experienced today have now been corrected. We were able to bring in contractors on emergency notice to complete the work required. If you have any further issues, please submit a ticket so that we can address the problem.
    Happy Surfing,
    Blue Virtual Team

What is scary is this:
    Why am I getting these emails since I have no accounts with them and when I replied to their last email, it was undeliverable and returned.

Sounds like nothing has been fixed.

I think it is very common. You do not need to be warried about that. Some times, even the best hosting companies which promise 100% uptime may have this problem

Quote Originally Posted by tthumb View Post
    Have any of you found a good replacement yet?
    Yes: DowntownHost.

Look for what I wrote in another thread about DowntownHost (entitled something like "Is DowntownHost still reliable"). (The bb won't let me include the link.)

I had only a very simple site on BV and the account was mainly intended as a secondary reliable email address for the case my main server at solarvps.com has temporary problems. I can absolutely recommend solarvps.

Meanwhile I have sent a lot of support requests and different cancellation requests to BV and did not get any answer. I am still getting BV charge messages but I managed to delete my data via their control panel, so charges go into nirvana.

Remember, you always can deny charges at your credit card company if you tell that you did not get what you paid for. But it pays to keep correspondance proofs (with email headers, fax protocols etc).

I do not know if bluevirtual is still an existing company; they have only a P.O.Box and do not show names of responsable persons on their website.

I find it most annoying that they do not answer requests. I strongly encourage anyone still with them to save your data and leave as soon as you can.

Unlike you I could not access CCP. But when I received the last bill from BV I could follow the link from the email to the billing methods where I changed some settings. Later there came only one message about declined invoice, nothing else. - Previously I had informed BV I wanted to cancel my account, but there was no reply.

The BV episode has come to an end and I am content with my new host. Nevertheless it is still sad that BV ended like this.

Just about a week ago a reporter for a newspaper where they are located contacted me and asked some questions about Jason which I thought was weird so I Googled him and found out that he is running for County Clerk or something. No wonder it didn't work out for BV, politicians were running it.

I'm sorry to hear about all the troubles. That's really sad to hear about all that.

I am sure you will all find great providers - there are plenty of them out there.

Just beware that such misfortune can happen to any provider so always take backups and always have an exit strategy.

@dean, I absolutely agree with you that hosters can run into troubles which even may interrupt services during an acceptable time.

What I cannot accept is, that in some cases companies simply stop communication, do not answer requests, support tickets, mails, faxes or phone calls and behave like they had disappeared from planet earth.

BV is (or was) such a company. Even an automated reply that honestly tells the situation (which is now unchanged since months) would show some respect to the customers but not answering anything is bad manners, bad behaviour and commercially unacceptable.

I think that it is digusting when hosts do not communicate with there users and leave them in the dark. I hope that all of there customers are able to find a new host without any issues.

Looks like there site is up for the moment..

I think that it's time for closure OP has found a new provider "himself" as stated.

Good Luck - May your services grow beyond your expectations.

ATH
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com • Customer Service Rep. • Superior Service Guarantee

The perfect politician, ignore complaints and broken promises. Been with BV sine they stated. Jason promised a better BV after Chad Left. The truth is thing shave gotten worse. No response to support tickets, forum shut down and you cannot even reach anyone on the Phones. All mailbox options go to the same voice mail line. Those of you who have had accounts with BV should make complaints with the BBB of Kansas City MO to help others form making a bad choice.

The title of the article to google if you want to read it is
    Customers question candidate’s company

I was also long time BV'er. Without knowing what all has went on (or wrong) at BV over the last year it's hard to judge. Simply because the years prior were very good.

Anyway I recently completed moving all my sites to Rochenhost and have been very impressed. The quality and speed of their support has been amazing. And the servers are kept very up to date and tuned for wordpress / joomla. Really impressive thus far.

Well they will be getting a complaint with the BBB and another to the State Attorney General. I have found out that Jason Park also operates Warrior Hill, LLC. Since I couldnt contact him at BV, I called his St Joseph, MO number. I left a message with a woman., I could hear children in the background, so I suppose this is a home based operation as well. I have a new hosting company that does not have support forums but they do have instant chat support or phone support and they do the job fast. At least they respond to consumers in seconds rather than weeks.

I also thought it was odd how BV turned off their support forums because they could not respond to all of the complaints being posted fast enough. I only hope that other former BV customers find these posts and are able to get out while they are able.

Jason Park’s Experience

Owner
    Warrior Hill, LLC

(Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Computer Software industry)

January 2005 — Present (5 years 9 months)
    Member-Manager
    Blue Virtual, LLC

(Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Information Technology and Services industry)

April 2003 — Present (7 years 6 months)
    General Partner
    Velocity Technologies

(Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Computer Hardware industry)

January 1999 — December 2006 (8 years )
    Software Engineer
    applied resources, inc.

(Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Computer Software industry)

September 2001 — August 2002 (1 year )
    Software Engineer
    Sprint

(Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; S; Telecommunications industry)

June 2001 — September 2001 (4 months)
    Director of Software Development
    CommuniTech.Net

(Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Information Technology and Services industry)

December 1998 — June 2001 (2 years 7 months)
    Principal
    Adooloo Computer Services (Sole Proprietorship)

(Sole Proprietorship; Myself Only; Computer Hardware industry)

June 1997 — December 1998 (1 year 7 months)
    Technical Support
    SmartNet Internet Services

(Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Internet industry)

August 1995 — December 1996 (1 year 5 months)