Registrar Professionalism

I have been looking closely at several of the newer registrars, and I have to say that the professionalism projected by these companies is horrid.

Given the hefty price requirements to become a registrar (I assume these are still in place), I am amazed at how shoddy some of these places are.

In particular, the broken English, grammatical and spelling mistakes on the sites of these registrars is atrocious. It would seem the two primary concerns for resellers are price and service, I wonder what type of service can be had from these registrars.

I am curious as to which registrars you are referring to.

Flys

The one that flys ... oops, excusez-moi, my broken English ... flies? But they are NOT an accredited registrar. Are you talking about resellers?
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

I don't want to embarass the companies by menioning their names here, but this is a sample from the website of one registrar (this is an accredited registrar, not a reseller):

"$6.49 for Domain Names - our prices are actually lesser than what you would get in a Reseller program offered by any other vendor."

"XXXXX has low overhead costs than most other Registrars due to the HIGH levels of automation we have in our processing as well as the high volumes of Business we do."

From another registrar:

"The amount of the payment security deposited in the XXXXX bank account will determine the amount of registrations that can be processed for a Partner"

and

"No,they are any"

Foreign companies?

Are they foreign companies? If you go to Asia, you'll be shocked to see how even big-time enterprises have their corperate literature written in broken English. The same happens in Europe (though to a lesser extend). Hey do I say lesser?
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Re: Foreign companies?

Originally posted by nameslave
    Are they foreign companies? If you go to Asia, you'll be shocked to see how even big-time enterprises have their corperate literature written in broken English. The same happens in Europe (though to a lesser extend). Hey do I say lesser?
    One is based out of the United States, the other is based out of India.

I don't fault people for broken English, but I do feel that a company should make an attempt to proofread their website, and remove obvious grammatical errors.