My experience with Bihira

I signed up for their Bronze package about 8 months ago. I don't remember all of the details near the beginning, so I'll make some assumptions based on the emails I received. I haven't gotten hosting anywhere else (yet) so I can't compare with anything.

+Getting a new account was pretty quick. I was told that I won't see my site for 1-2 days but I could right after I signed up, so that was a nice surprise. The package has changed since then; when I got it, it was $2.50 for 2.5 GB storage, unlimited addon/parked domains, and unlimited bandwidth. Unlimited bandwidth was added from an anniversary promotion thing they had a week or two before I signed up.

This is for a personal website that I played around with occasionally, so if there were downtimes, I had no idea. I don't remember experiencing any downtimes when I needed to access my site, but I know someone else with Bihira that has, a few times, for short periods of time.

+I got my domain name through Bihira, too, and they registered it under my name, so that's good. According to what I've read here, I'm lucky.

+The Terms of Service isn't very restricting. I had trouble paying attention long enough to read it carefully, but I think we're allowed to have anything legal, and no IRC.

-No SSH. FTP only.

-I still think their (his? I think Bihira is manned by one person) website is poorly designed; I thought so when I checked it out some months before I signed up. It hasn't changed much, if at all. It would be better if the client area linked back to the main site. Same with their forum.

-Come Sept. 22, all the hosting plans changed. I didn't get any email notification about it, and I probably wouldn't have known about them if someone else didn't complain to me about them. There is a price increase involved, so they should have sent some email notification, imo.

+Response to support tickets seem to be quick. I got a response for all two of my support tickets within 2 hours.

So, since I have nothing to compare to, I can't say if Bihira is good or bad. I want to look for webhosting somewhere else because of the plan changes, but I can't seem to find anything less expensive.

I would think with your review, they are (he is) pretty good. It's good to stay with a small company since you can get personal attention.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Quote Originally Posted by jrianto View Post
    I would think with your review, they are (he is) pretty good. It's good to stay with a small company since you can get personal attention.
    But each company will be bigger in time. And that is a pity fo0r the old customers.
    But everything depends on the company and how they will care of the customers
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Update: submitted a support ticket to ask about cancelling about 14.5 hours ago, and have not gotten a reply yet. Still less than a day, but I'm impatient and my question would be useless tomorrow. I hope Bihira works on weekends :x

Edit: checked my tickets again and I noticed that one of my tickets was opened on a weekend, and got a reply in 2 hours. So Bihira did work on weekends.
    Last edited by lfok; 10-03-2009 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lfok View Post
    Update: submitted a support ticket to ask about cancelling about 14.5 hours ago, and have not gotten a reply yet. Still less than a day, but I'm impatient and my question would be useless tomorrow. I hope Bihira works on weekends :x

Edit: checked my tickets again and I noticed that one of my tickets was opened on a weekend, and got a reply in 2 hours. So Bihira did work on weekends.
    With some providers, billing is not available on weekends, if that is you opened your ticket with billing and not support.

Yeah, that's probably why then. Thanks!

We apologize for the wait on a reply to your support ticket; a response should of now have been sent.
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira