BXServerManagement

Has anybody used these guys? They are extremely inexpensive for the services they are offering, so I am wondering if anybody knows of their reputation.

http://www.bxmanagement.com/

Thanks.

Mike

They are a fairly new company ran my Nick H. Do a search for his posts. He ran a company called Peerless Machines also. Maybe you can get some info on him from that.

I've known and worked with Nick for many years. His work ethics are great, and if I didn't manage my own servers, I'd hire his company to do it over anyone else.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Currently a Master Electrician on Broadway.
    My company, BurstAV, specializes in A/V Systems Design and integration.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.

That's good to know. I'm simply having a hard time expecting that sufficient quality can be offered at his very low price levels for the extent of what he is offering. If he is just getting started, perhaps that is why and his intention is to get a base established and then upsell or increase pricing down the road.

Cliff Support is $99/server/month for the same services that he is charging only $25-$35/month for.

Quote Originally Posted by lbeachmike View Post
    If he is just getting started, perhaps that is why and his intention is to get a base established and then upsell or increase pricing down the road.
    Hello,

Thanks for your interest. Just a quick note that price increases down the road would affect new customers only, not existing customers with existing plans. Roping people in then raising their pricing down the road is just not my style.

Thanks!
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

He also ran another management company called aceservermanagement which I think he sold in 2007.

Hi Nick -

If Steven is correct, although this is not a huge concern of mine, your intention could also be to do the same here - to build a base and then sell the company.

Or, perhaps you had other reasons for selling the previous business and getting a fresh start here.

Can you shed any light?

Thanks.

Mike

Hi Nick -

If Steven is correct, although this is not a huge concern of mine, your intention could also be to do the same here - to build a base and then sell the company.

Or, perhaps you had other reasons for selling the previous business and getting a fresh start here.

Can you shed any light?

Thanks.

Mike
    I would imagine that is the intention, I believe this is atleast the 3rd or 4th company now, kind of getting boring.

Hi Nick -

Can you shed any light?

Thanks.

Mike
    Hi Mike,

Feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to address these concerns.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    Hi Mike,

Feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to address these concerns.

Thanks!
    Why not address them publicly? You have a severe case of company ADHD and potential customers have a right to know your intentions.

Hey Nick -

Actually, I've indicated that this is not a particularly huge concern of mine. I do think it would be best to address this particular concern in this thread, since there are others here who know the history that I am otherwise unaware of, and thus you can provide this clarification for everybody who would be potentially interested in your services.

I do intend to contact you privately as soon as time permits, but not regarding this topic.

It would go a long way to providing yourself additional credibility and addressing the concerns of others by being upfront here with regard to your future intentions.

Thanks.

Mike

Would it be better to go with platinum server management. They have a good reputation and offer the same for less.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Why not address them publicly? You have a severe case of company ADHD and potential customers have a right to know your intentions.
    Probably the same reason you and Scott have to post in any thread about one of your competitors
    Hey Nick -

Actually, I've indicated that this is not a particularly huge concern of mine. I do think it would be best to address this particular concern in this thread, since there are others here who know the history that I am otherwise unaware of, and thus you can provide this clarification for everybody who would be potentially interested in your services.

I do intend to contact you privately as soon as time permits, but not regarding this topic.

It would go a long way to providing yourself additional credibility and addressing the concerns of others by being upfront here with regard to your future intentions.

Thanks.

Mike
    Quite simply: The previous companies were sold as I was offered a position with another company, at which was an opportunity I could not refuse. None of my customers were ever left high and dry, and they were always sold to a reputable company that took care of them. I've never sold a company to the highest bidder - in fact - I rejected higher bids because I wanted a company with a good reputation.

I cannot say for certain that I will never sell a business again. What I can say for certain is that I will always, as I always have, ensure that my customers are taken care of, whether it's by me or by another company that I can trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    Probably the same reason you and Scott have to post in any thread about one of your competitors
    I don't want this thread to turn into a huge discussion about you selling your companies, which it's obvious you enjoy doing what I do want to make clear is you are definitely not a competitor so please don't try to deflect attention away from what was highlighted on utter nonsense.
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

Competitor? Nor Me or Scott offer any services close to what you offer. We are in a completely different market.

Well, this seems like more of a private disagreement of sorts between the two of you.

Scott, although I think I understand the point you were trying to make, it looks like you guys both offer some overlapping services - thus, that would seem to make you competitors on some level.

Anyhow, I'm not looking to fan up any flames - really was seeking to get information that I can use to make an informed decision on who to go with to help with needs for the following -

1. Ongoing admin/support help
    2. Very specific security/spam-control expertise

What's amazing to me is that thus far everybody claims to be experts in the area of security and spam-control.

Experienced and expert are two different things.

I am seeking a true expert - as in, somebody who was perhaps an ex-hacker and truly understands the ins and outs of all possible server exploits.

mrk

Scott, although I think I understand the point you were trying to make, it looks like you guys both offer some overlapping services - thus, that would seem to make you competitors on some level.
    We compete on nothing, we don't share the same customer base, we don't target the same customers, we *may* be in a similar industry at best but even that is debatable.

Anyhow, I'm not looking to fan up any flames - really was seeking to get information that I can use to make an informed decision on who to go with to help with needs for the following -

1. Ongoing admin/support help
    2. Very specific security/spam-control expertise

What's amazing to me is that thus far everybody claims to be experts in the area of security and spam-control.

Experienced and expert are two different things.

I am seeking a true expert - as in, somebody who was perhaps an ex-hacker and truly understands the ins and outs of all possible server exploits.

mrk
    If you are looking to pay $30/month then can you seriously expect an expert? Bare in mind at 100 customers that's just $3000/month what sort of expert is going to work for $3000/month and maintain 100 customers for that rate.

Don't misinterpret that however, you can get alot more for your money but expecting the best, true experienced system administrators is very unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Mc View Post
    If you are looking to pay $30/month then can you seriously expect an expert? Bare in mind at 100 customers that's just $3000/month what sort of expert is going to work for $3000/month and maintain 100 customers for that rate.

Don't misinterpret that however, you can get alot more for your money but expecting the best, true experienced system administrators is very unreasonable.
    I have never indicated my budget. My budget is very flexible.

For my most immediate need, I am seeking quality and reliability.

I have emphasized that I am seeking expertise, which is different from experience.

I have needs which I would like to contract to a level of expertise that is far superior to my own.

It's also worth mentioning that I do currently run two different businesses with very different needs. I am currently seeking to deal with the one that requires the high level of expertise.

Thanks.

mrk

I have never indicated my budget. My budget is very flexible.

For my most immediate need, I am seeking quality and reliability.

I have emphasized that I am seeking expertise, which is different from experience.

I have needs which I would like to contract to a level of expertise that is far superior to my own.

It's also worth mentioning that I do currently run two different businesses with very different needs. I am currently seeking to deal with the one that requires the high level of expertise.

Thanks.

mrk
    As the thread was created to discuss a budget provider it's only natural to assume a lower budget.

Regardless however the reality is if you are looking for true expertise (which comes from experience) then WHT is not really the place.

Depending what you are looking for expertise on you should search for explicit consultants regarding that, such as LAMP stack consultants or anti-spam. If security is important then penetration testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Mc View Post
    Regardless however the reality is if you are looking for true expertise (which comes from experience) then WHT is not really the place.

Depending what you are looking for expertise on you should search for explicit consultants regarding that, such as LAMP stack consultants or anti-spam. If security is important then penetration testing.
    Hi Scott - Thanks for the advice. WHT is precisely the right starting point for *me* because I otherwise had no starting point.

Your response is extremely confusing and contradictory because you are here ... at WHT ... and you are claiming to provide a high level of expertise, correct? Yet you are telling me this is the wrong place to find expertise. That's confusing.

At the same time, you've given me potentially useful advice. So it seems that WHT was precisely the place to start out.

mrk

Hi Scott - Thanks for the advice. WHT is precisely the right starting point for *me* because I otherwise had no starting point.

Your response is extremely confusing and contradictory because you are here ... at WHT ... and you are claiming to provide a high level of expertise, correct? Yet you are telling me this is the wrong place to find expertise. That's confusing.

At the same time, you've given me potentially useful advice. So it seems that WHT was precisely the place to start out.

mrk
    I am not claiming anything, I never once brought my company into this discussion it was someone else. We do not advertise here, nor do we seek customers from here.

-> I <- use WHT as I know many people on here but the technical level of many companies on here is disgraceful, simply look at the technical section on this forum and my point is proven.

As I said I don't believe WHT is the place to find true expects without a compromise, that doesn't mean there isn't any here because they certainly are, but the overwhelming majority it cannot be applied to.

However as a side note , it is interesting that the reason I do not post on WHT much anymore is because continually time after time it always gets mentioned that you would be considered a "competitor" or have some ulterior motive when in actual fact the only reason for my own contributions is because it's subjects I know.

This topic has went in so many different directions and is now onto a entirely different marketplace from what the subject would indicate.

Finally as one last note as I am now going to sleep, from re-reading one of your posts regarding looking for spam experts then the place to look is www.spamexperts.com

Yes, this is not the direction I expected the thread to go.

I don't mind if you are competitor or not, as long as you're straight-up.

I don't think there's a lack of expertise here - I think that there are not as many productive high-value threads as their could be and used to be.

That's really a function of the evolution of the industry. Their used to be a high level of expertise and interest in those getting involved. Now just about anybody and everybody is becoming a web host.

Evolution. Reminds me a lot of the rest of things in the state of the world we live in.

There was a day where General Motors and Ford actually cared about the quality of the product they delivered. And there was a day where The Planet cared about the quality of service they were offering their clients.

Thanks for the advice re: spamexperts.com - I'll take a look.

mrk

I don't think there's a lack of expertise here - I think that there are not as many productive high-value threads as their could be and used to be.
    That is pretty much the point. Most of the people that would contribute to such threads no longer do because of how they turn out. As I said simply look the technical section it's littered with bad advice and the same old advice that's why many people simply no longer bother to contribute to it.

And there was a day where The Planet cared about the quality of service they were offering their clients.
    Nice touch, I like it.