CSF & Sending form

Hello ,

i have installed CSF firewall , Many customers have contacted me and they told that "we can`t submit any form in website"

is there any option in CSF which i have to change ?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jestin_virtual View Post
    Hello ,

i have installed CSF firewall , Many customers have contacted me and they told that "we can`t submit any form in website"

is there any option in CSF which i have to change ?

Thank you
    Maybe you enabled : SMTP_BLOCK

as per documentation of CSF:

This option will help prevent the most common form of spam abuse on a server that bypasses exim and sends spam directly out through port 25. Enabling this option will prevent any web script from sending out using socket connection, such scripts should use the exim or sendmail binary instead

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    Maybe you enabled : SMTP_BLOCK

as per documentation of CSF:
    Hello ,

SMTP_BLOCK = 1 i`m going to change it to 0

and there is "Nobody" option in "Tweak Settings"
    i have enabled the option but some another websites confronted some problems and all the forms are sending to my Root email !

Please pay attention : i`m not using PHPSuexec and Suexec

Prevent the user "nobody" from sending out mail to remote addresses (PHP and CGI scripts generally run as nobody if you are not using PHPSuexec and Suexec respectively.)

Thank You

Well that summarizes itself, if you prevent nobody from sending e-mail, nobody will be able to send an email.

hi mate i would reccomend not allowing nobody to send out any type of mail as a attacker or spammer can flood the server sending out numer and numerous amounts of email also check your Mail logs and see if there is anything interesting in there

If you prevent nobody to send emails, make sure you have SuExec installed so that all your users will run their scripts with their userid and not as nobody.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Quote Originally Posted by William n Palmer View Post
    hi mate i would reccomend not allowing nobody to send out any type of mail as a attacker or spammer can flood the server sending out numer and numerous amounts of email also check your Mail logs and see if there is anything interesting in there
    Dear but there is another problem , many users are using php scripts to submit some forms , many forms are sending such a nobody , i have checked many users who has installed CMS (eg joomla & .... ) having this problem

pls let me know what to do !

Rebuild PHP with SuPHP.

Quote Originally Posted by NicAddress View Post
    Rebuild PHP with SuPHP.
    Good idea , more than 100 users are using .htaccess to active register_globals , what will happen ? am i going to copy php.ini for each user ?

hi mate do u have suexec installed if so add that

also have you thought about linking your mail to google? that way all incoming and outgoing mail goes through google

Jestin, you don't have to enable SuPHP, disable nobody tweak and enable SMTP_BLOCK, php forms will work. But do keep a check on how forms are being used.

And follow http://forums.cpanel.net/f22/webhost...ool-54659.html for keeping check on PHP FORM spammers.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post
    Jestin, you don't have to enable SuPHP, disable nobody tweak and enable SMTP_BLOCK, php forms will work. But do keep a check on how forms are being used.

And follow http://forums.cpanel.net/f22/webhost...ool-54659.html for keeping check on PHP FORM spammers.
    i have changed the settings , we don`t have any problem right now , please check the settings and let me know if there is any Security or spam risk

SMTP Blocked : 0 (in CSF - means users can use SMTP port#25)
    Nobody tweak : Not marked ( nobody can send mail )

Default PHP Version (.php files) 5
    PHP 5 Handler dso
    PHP 4 Handler none
    Apache suEXEC on