Anonymous hosting/domain question

Hey everyone. First post here with a few ?'s about anonymous hosting/domain registration. I've been a web developer for a while and just started building a site for a friend of mine overseas. He wants everything to be completely anonymous due to the nature of the site (steroids).

Now I'm pretty sure I got it figured out but it seems too easy. Offshore domain registration with a prepaid card/ offshore web hosting the same way. My guy says he wants everything as anonymous as possible and is already hooked up to the Tor network with Privoxy. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

You're going to have problems signing up for any hosting service using Tor or Privoxy (will fail your fraud check immediately) as for domains - just use WHOIS Protection - unless you/your client is doing something illegal then there would be no legal reason to force the registrar to drop the WHOIS Protection and the owner's identity would remain hidden.

Beyond that, I'm not sure if steroids are illegal so maybe somebody else can comment.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    You're going to have problems signing up for any hosting service using Tor or Privoxy (will fail your fraud check immediately) as for domains - just use WHOIS Protection - unless you/your client is doing something illegal then there would be no legal reason to force the registrar to drop the WHOIS Protection and the owner's identity would remain hidden.

Beyond that, I'm not sure if steroids are illegal so maybe somebody else can comment.
    Thanks for the quick reply and congrats on the engagement. I don't want to turn this into a domain discussion in the wrong section; but looking at some other sites I've registered under Yahoo with WHOIS Protection, you can still see the name of the person it's registered to. Any way to have WHOIS display a no name/a company name instead of a personal one?

Quote Originally Posted by BKK_Sly View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply and congrats on the engagement. I don't want to turn this into a domain discussion in the wrong section; but looking at some other sites I've registered under Yahoo with WHOIS Protection, you can still see the name of the person it's registered to. Any way to have WHOIS display a no name/a company name instead of a personal one?
    That's what WHOIS protection is supposed to do - if it's displaying the registrant's name then it's not WHOIS protected.

Go with GoDaddy or NameCheap and the WHOIS Protection will hide everything
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.

Sounds pretty logical lol. Must be a Yahoo thing, never been a big fan of their services. Thanks for the help Mike, I really appreciate it.

Yes, an ID Protect or WHOIS Privacy Protection will do just that. But, on the other end, why would anyone want to do business with an anonymous business?
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Quote Originally Posted by jrianto View Post
    Yes, an ID Protect or WHOIS Privacy Protection will do just that. But, on the other end, why would anyone want to do business with an anonymous business?
    I tend to agree however I would think that would be the business' problem and not the clients'.