serverloft why you stole me ?

it was big a mistake in my life dealing with serverloft.com
    in few minutes i loss all my data ...
    i lost site that have built for 10 years !

and serverloft doesnt response !

the story start when they block my server and discontinue the contrat !! for reason that they say spam !

WE hereby discontinue without notice the contract for the server loft3059 according to 4 of our Terms and Conditions on the basis of unlawful activities originating from your system.

see also ticket 216786487, 216787953, 216788420

Should data on the server still be filed, please contact Support within the next 5 working days. The server will be deactivated on 08th october2009 and all files will be deleted indefinitely.
    i swear i dont use it !!

ok i accept that and send to them to give me backup or link to it as they say in previus message ,, the data will be 5 days

but say what they answer !!

he server has been blocked and will be blocked till the deactivation has been finished. For security measures we can't reconnect the server or allow to get access. The backup is provided by the customer. If you do not have a backup external we can not help you.
    it's like a dream !!
    i try to send a ticket again ,,, and say what they answer

we are not willing to discuss in this serious issue. You had time
    enough to solve the problem but therefore you have not minded. Please
    understand that we do not start again a conversation in this case.
    is this deal with customer ? i lost all my data and they say dont talk

what cost him provide me link to download backup !

and after 12 hours !

I have told you yesterday, that we do not give access to the server or backup. At last I have told you that we are not discuss in this case anymore. So you do not have to except any answer in these issue.

I hope that is clearly enough to understand.

to all guys ... warning ..

they are slow in response to support ticket !! and very slow
    and they dont help customer !

and dont seek cheap thing as i do

Have you been informed and warned about the unlawful activities in your server before it got disconnected?
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!

The serverloft people should at least respect the offer made in their own email to the OP:

Should data on the server still be filed, please contact Support within the next 5 working days. The server will be deactivated on 08th october2009 and all files will be deleted indefinitely.
    Have you told them about that paragraph.

Ask for a manager, ask for someone in sales. Anyone other than first line support. The grammar of their responses indicate that they might not fully grasp the meaning of that paragraph. Certainly first line support does not have the authority to over ride the official company position The company position was given in the paragraph quoted.

Try using the phone. If it's valuable, then it's worth the call.

And why don't you have backups?
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harzem View Post
    Have you been informed and warned about the unlawful activities in your server before it got disconnected?
    yes .. i and i paid 500 $ solve this problem ...

and they replay to me
    ok. You have removed the site and I can inform our abuse-department to close this issue. Thank you.
    so i removed it but after just 24 hours ,, they block it with no backup although first message said i have 5 days to get my file

[QUOTE=plumsauce;6422333]The serverloft people should at least respect the offer made in their own email to the OP:

Have you told them about that paragraph.

Ask for a manager, ask for someone in sales. Anyone other than first line support. The grammar of their responses indicate that they might not fully grasp the meaning of that paragraph. Certainly first line support does not have the authority to over ride the official company position The company position was given in the paragraph quoted.

Try using the phone. If it's valuable, then it's worth the call.[/QUOTE

yes and the said

he server has been blocked and will be blocked till the deactivation has been finished. For security measures we can't reconnect the server or allow to get access. The backup is provided by the customer. If you do not have a backup external we can not help you.
    .. i sent to sale and replay to me .. we cant help me .. go to support ! !

i asked about manager email or phone ,, and body tell me

i call him on telephone on its site and someone tell me we cant help . support just by ticket !!!

about chatting .. until now 12 hours and nobody answer !!

they still answer me !! no backup

once more i was doing backup on other server from serverloft !

but they dont give me access or link to it !!

Seems to me you had something on there which did spam; you removed it; and once again it started to send out spams; most likely your server simply got hacked; which is very unfortunate but it also shows they already did have multiple tickets with you regarding this issue (216786487, 216787953, 21678842)

Is it possible your server just started to spam again ? so they considered the issue not closed and see you as a real spammer ?

In these cases they have to take action to prevent that other clients in the network get affected; and how sad it might sound for you; i think a lot of clients will be happy your server got pulled in this case.

It would however be nice of any datacenter to move you to a private network so you can access your data but do not affect the rest of the network.

they told me they cant put it in recovery to get backup but they dont want !!

i said to him why not ! just for 4 hours

Making a backup file accessible can be done multiple ways without exposing any other services. For example, making it available somewhere on their own server after zipping it, or zipping it on the OP's server, and deleting the originals. That way the backup and only the backup is coming from the site. Or, they can ftp it to the OP's new server themselves. There are lots of creative ways to move a backup around. Someone just has to actually *want* to do it.

Try telling them they have a choice.

Access to a backup file or chargeback the $500. One or the other.

The $500 was paid in good faith with an offer of the backup. If the backup is not made available then it is in breach of the offer. In other words, they didn't hold up their end of the bargain.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by plumsauce View Post
    Making a backup file accessible can be done multiple ways without exposing any other services. For example, making it available somewhere on their own server after zipping it, or zipping it on the OP's server, and deleting the originals. That way the backup and only the backup is coming from the site. Or, they can ftp it to the OP's new server themselves. There are lots of creative ways to move a backup around. Someone just has to actually *want* to do it.

Try telling them they have a choice.

Access to a backup file or chargeback the $500. One or the other.

The $500 was paid in good faith with an offer of the backup. If the backup is not made available then it is in breach of the offer. In other words, they didn't hold up their end of the bargain.
    i sent message befor 30 minutes and write i can pay for it or if thera are choice

they replay

I am sorry, but there are very few different ways to say 'no'.

that how is serverloft deal with customers !!

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post

It would however be nice of any datacenter to move you to a private network so you can access your data but do not affect the rest of the network.
    that what they should do

You broke their TOS and you are complaining?

I am sorry, but I fail to see the logic behind your issues.

Let us start with repeated abuse complaints about your server. Serverloft is unmanaged, and provides no OS or software support (obviously - http : // www . serverloft . com/technik/support.php). This mean it is your responsibility to provide a system administrator.

According to the TOS (http : //www . serverloft . com/kontakt/agb.php, specifically section 2) :
    2. INDEMNIFICATION
    You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless serverloft from any and all liability, penalties, losses, damages, costs, expenses, attorneys' fees, causes of action or claims caused by or resulting indirectly from your use of the service which damages either you, serverloft, or any other party or parties without limitation or exception. This indemnification and hold harmless agreement extends to all issues associated with your account, including but not limited to domain name selection and Website content.

I am sorry, but this seems to be nothing more than a rant with no foundation to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sciron View Post
    I am sorry, but I fail to see the logic behind your issues.

Let us start with repeated abuse complaints about your server. Serverloft is unmanaged, and provides no OS or software support (obviously - http : // www . serverloft . com/technik/support.php). This mean it is your responsibility to provide a system administrator.

According to the TOS (http : //www . serverloft . com/kontakt/agb.php, specifically section 2) :
    2. INDEMNIFICATION
    You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless serverloft from any and all liability, penalties, losses, damages, costs, expenses, attorneys' fees, causes of action or claims caused by or resulting indirectly from your use of the service which damages either you, serverloft, or any other party or parties without limitation or exception. This indemnification and hold harmless agreement extends to all issues associated with your account, including but not limited to domain name selection and Website content.

I am sorry, but this seems to be nothing more than a rant with no foundation to it.
    1 - YES .. i bring bobcars.com to solve the problem .. as support team

also backup is not so expensive !! it's just in minutes !!

2 - also i dont understand what they mean by
    section 2 !? they just told me that without explain

last thing datacenter close server and give me 5 days to get files ... why they dont respect that ?

Quote Originally Posted by sciron View Post
    While the provider has every right to disconnect this customer and to refuse to provide future service, their refusal to provide some sort of access to the data is inexcusable. Regardless of what the TOS says, it's a horrible way to treat someone. I side with the customer on this one.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

You would think if he worked on a site for 10 years and his data was that valuable, he would have at least some kind of backup?

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    You would think if he worked on a site for 10 years and his data was that valuable, he would have at least some kind of backup?
    I agree. It is always good to keep offshore backups.
    Tailored VPS offers fully customizable VPS Hosting