Email Hosting - multiple domains

Hi - I would like to find a host for the following scenario....

I have a few domains hosted in various places - but would like to host their email on one server - or with one provider.

I require pop3, IMAP, webmail access.

I manage my own nameservers (this is my current gotcha) and would like to spend as little as possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Just find a shared hosting provider and set it up with one of the domains, park the rest - and then point your MX/mail records over to it and you should be good to go. (Well, you will need to create the mail accounts on the hosting account as well).
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Just find a shared hosting provider and set it up with one of the domains, park the rest - and then point your MX/mail records over to it and you should be good to go. (Well, you will need to create the mail accounts on the hosting account as well).
    Shared hosting should be able to handle this, like been said park your extra domains and create mail accounts.

Cheers

You can find any regular web hosting provider and use only the Email Services. That should work great for you.

Check out Google Gmail for business, I use it for two of my clients' sites.

recommendations?

Any recommendations on hosts that could handle this? plans, etc?
    I live in Colorado and would like my provider to be near as well

I dont know enough about linux or hosting plans to know if the 6.95/month special will handle my requirements.

I got into a chat window with someone at hostgator and they said I would need a reseller account to accomplish this. I realize they are trying to sell a product....but who is right here? I feel as if I have conflicting reports

Does anyone else do this? Where do folks typically host their email?

If your email security is important, there are some secure business email providers. Most prices start from $10/month.

Quote Originally Posted by kurtzilla View Post
    Any recommendations on hosts that could handle this? plans, etc?
    I live in Colorado and would like my provider to be near as well

I dont know enough about linux or hosting plans to know if the 6.95/month special will handle my requirements.

I got into a chat window with someone at hostgator and they said I would need a reseller account to accomplish this. I realize they are trying to sell a product....but who is right here? I feel as if I have conflicting reports

Does anyone else do this? Where do folks typically host their email?
    As long as the account has the ability to host multiple domains you will be fine on a regular shared plan.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Do I need a dedicated IP?

Do I necessarily need a dedicated IP to do this?

I believe you do not need any IP for that to be dedicated. I'm sure you need to prediscuss that with prospective web hoster.
    As for the web hosting I'm sure pinellashosting.com can meet all your needs at least with their approach to the new customers ). The thing is that they do offer shared e-mail hosting and managed e-mail hosting solutions so you have possibility to find something what is right for you.
    Good luck

There are numerous business email hosting providers available today. I would personally recommend you Securadigm. They provide the best business email hosting service according to me. When I needed one a few months back, a friend of mine recommended me Securadigm and they were fabulous. They offer optimum service at the most competitive prices.
    Last edited by dan_matt; 10-02-2009 at 09:29 AM.