Apache 2.2 Running @ Home, DL Issues

Hi, I am new here and I am having trouble with my Apache 2.2 server running from my home computer. Here is a list of specs to better explain the scope of my issue.
    Server Info: Apache 2.2
    httpd.conf>> notw.110mb[DOT]com/httpd.conf2.txt
    Computer Info: Intel Pent.4 3.06GHz, 2.00g DDRAM
    Internet Info: DL: 10720kbps, UL: 1773kbps CONNECTION NOT ROUTED

Okay, the problem is that I can not reach a download speed over 35-40kbps from the Apache server running off my PC at an external computer. I connect to my server so that I can stream and DL music from my computer to my phone. When I have a 3G connection I see DL speeds from my phone around 250kbps.

I know that I should be able to do at least 100kbps from my home computer because I see those speeds over FTP with some friends of mine... I really need help with this guys, I have searched the internet thoroughly for an answer to my problem but have been unsuccessful.

Thank you very much for your help!

Michael

**I connect via my static IP address, if that matters..**
    /*Edit
    Windows XP Media Center SP3
    HRDWR "above"
    SFTWR "above"
    Control Panel ?
    Process List "from an app like 'hijak this'?"
    Log File(s) ?
    Edit*/
    Last edited by notw; 10-02-2009 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Just looked at required info for a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by notw View Post
    Okay, the problem is that I can not reach a download speed over 35-40kbps from the Apache server running off my PC at an external computer.
    Have you tried a different external computer on a different network connection?

No, I haven't had a real chance to yet. I will at some point today though. I do know that I can finish downloading music at 230-250kbps and go directly to my server and I am stuck at about 30kbps. When I get off work today I will see if someone here will connect and measure the DL speed seen from a transfer.

Thank you very much for the help!

Michael

/*edit
    oh and the connection I am testing from isn't on my servers network. It is from my phone.. So I definitaly need to try another connection..
    edit*/
    Last edited by notw; 10-02-2009 at 08:02 AM.

Whatever connection your using to the web for the apache server may be the limiting factor. Your server needs to "upload" through the connection so your phone can "download" the files. Many home connections limit upload speeds to about what your seeing so you can't effectively host a website from home even if their TOS does not prohibit it.

What speed so you get internally on your network when serving files from the server to another computer in the house?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
    Whatever connection your using to the web for the apache server may be the limiting factor. Your server needs to "upload" through the connection so your phone can "download" the files. Many home connections limit upload speeds to about what your seeing so you can't effectively host a website from home even if their TOS does not prohibit it.

What speed so you get internally on your network when serving files from the server to another computer in the house?
    Alright, well my upload speed is sitting around 2mbps.. And I am not routing my connection so im not sure what the transfer rate would be at if I had a LAN.

I really need this to start working.. is there anyway that my ISP can detect the fact that I am running a server and cap my upload only from apache server??? Is the file transfer protocol different than say P2P.. because I upload well over 150kbps P2P.