Avoid Allreseller.com, who do you have?

Years ago I touted what a great deal I had with Allreller.com, but now I'm looking for another reseller host.

I haven't been all too serious about reselling hosting, instead, I have such an account for learning purposes, because I have a number of addresses too. So I accepted the slowness of their service. Several times in the last 5 years I've had to contact them about my sites being down. Lately it happened again. They moved me to a new server without any notice. (Tech help said they sent mail to everyone, and then made excuses why I did not get it because my website is not tied to my reseller account(?), but would not explain "what it is" or "how to resolve it".

Anyhow, I got access again, mail started working again, but today, I have been having intermittent or no connectivity to my websites. I called a friend, no load. I have another internet provider, checked, no loading. Then shortly after the tech reply saying "nothing is wrong", some sites (might) load up on one ISP (Wildblue), but not on Cableone. I called cableone, spent over an hour, while they can see a couple of the sites, they can't ping or tracert them. (And niether can I) That's the final straw.

Because they have been so intermittent, I never cancelled my "Siteworks" account for my #1 website, and really only rely on the mail I do there. I've wanted to change, but after 5 years, I am still not comfortable to rely on allreseller.com.

Sure, the service was cheap (@ 23.50 a qtr.), but it's not like I was doing major marketing or business from my sites, and they barely get traffic, so I'm not loading down their server in any respect.

Sure I want cheap, but is there any whom actually do their job? How is that "web.com"? I see they have "unlimited hosted domains", is that like a reseller account?

Who can say they are really satisfied, and still is paying a cheap (say less than 12.00 a month) monthly price? With whom are you set up with.
    My Hosts?
    Siteworks for my single account. "Pretty darn good, for years now."
    And now all my eggs are in their basket.

Ooops, not 5 years, just since 2005.
    My Hosts?

Well boss, most people dont stick around that long but I salute you sticking with them this long. There are hundreds of reseller and shared hosting.

Do you want cpanel? You Do want unlimited domains and most allow that. MySQL?

Do you have any specs your looking for Space and Bandwidth?

<snipped>
    Last edited by ldcdc; 10-02-2009 at 09:40 AM.

I got a bad impression of AllReseller from seeing them spamming my SitePoint listings comments.

Anyway, "unlimited hosted domains" doesn't necessarily mean it's a reseller account. That feature may apply for shared hosting accounts too and providers won't let you resell on standard shared hosting accounts.

Are you looking for any control panel specifcally (ie. cPanel)?

Plus if you search around for "Unlimited Resellers" You will see that they are frowned upon.

Well, as far as sticking it out, it was cheap enough to have and mess with when I have time, and then I'd mostly try to learn how to write html. Then I got Front Page because I wasn't learning. Now I have MS Expressions Web and learning what css is. I am in the middle of a total work over of pegsat.net, which is why I am just now getting fed up with Allreseller.

Anyhow, I have many ideas of web-sites I want to do (dreamer), but lack of time or money (or ambition) has kept me from doing these. One website I want to do involves local events and maybe a chat room or bbs. I doubt it will become national anytime soon. However, a BBS can consume a bit of storage and bandwidth with picture downloads and viewing.

Specs? Well, my #1 site listed above has 115 Mb in in now. My recent plans were to divide the BS from the business, and put some of that on the .org site, hosted by AR. Further scruitiny said to overhaul the first anyway.

I don't use much, even if I loaded every .com, .net and .org (I try to get the three of any name), I wouldn't be using much bandwidth, until I get my act together and actually put ideas into action. So cheap is good, but I sure the heck don't want long tech support times, by people who don't show any kind of enthusiasm, and "Everything is working" when they know it's not.
    My Hosts?

What are some of your support ticket id numbers? Id like to research this
    allReseller - High Performance Shared, Reseller, VPS, and Dedicated Hosting w/ Premium network
    99.98% Uptime for 3 YEARS and counting! New plans, prices, and site!
    Redundant, reliable, responsive - the allReseller way! Visit us at allReseller.com

Alright, so it looks like you won't be requiring much resources. You're looking for cheap and quality. The question comes down to how little are you willing to pay for quality service? In other words, do you have a budget in mind?

what?

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    I got a bad impression of AllReseller from seeing them spamming my SitePoint listings comments.

Anyway, "unlimited hosted domains" doesn't necessarily mean it's a reseller account. That feature may apply for shared hosting accounts too and providers won't let you resell on standard shared hosting accounts.

Are you looking for any control panel specifcally (ie. cPanel)?
    Spamming your comments, please show us this, id like to see this, thank you
    allReseller - High Performance Shared, Reseller, VPS, and Dedicated Hosting w/ Premium network
    Redundant, reliable, responsive - the allReseller way! Visit us at allReseller.com

It was several months ago, I don't think I'm able to dig up the old listings anymore. It doesn't seem to be on-going but it happened. If I'm able to find something then I'll let you know.

Please do as i see no reason for us to spam anything you post. We advertise on there alot, but never post to anyones comments or posts, you might have us confused with another host.

You want a service ticket? Here's todays- Ticket ID: UFF-201819
    9/29/09 Ticket ID: HLA-717360
    9/17/09 Ticket ID: BIG-767704, Ticket ID: NOI-722733
    7/16/08 Ticket ID: WCB-663432... ooops, that was last year.
    And since you're "looking into things", the speed needs a good look at after my problem is fixed.

Um, going to check....
    Oh, lookie there. I just checked and I can see my web sites again. And it even has some speed to it. (Toss up between surprise and impressed on the speed.)

Ya know, if you'd just be straight with me and don't blow me off, or anyone else for that matter, I can be patient. If you would keep me informed of changes so I don't find out by accident my sites are down, it would go a long way. I am not a heavy user, I only bother you guys when my site is down, or e-mail is not working.

The only question I asked was how to "tie my website to my account so that I would get automatic e-mails" in response to the answer given why I wasn't told of a server change... which sounds like BS to me. I get my invoice statements on a regular basis.

If you (as in your Tech Support "Zack" as is called) just been straight with me, I wouldn't have spent the last several hours comparing suggestions from here and google searches and had been working on my website project. I'm kind of down to 11 choices, well, 11 I bookmarked to continue with later. It's late.
    My Hosts?

One side note;
    Allreseller has usually been fast at responding to an opening of a service ticket. That is a credit to them. What they do with it from there, is what my beef is, second to having any problem at all (of course).
    My Hosts?

Quote Originally Posted by Pegsat View Post
    One side note;
    Allreseller has usually been fast at responding to an opening of a service ticket. That is a credit to them. What they do with it from there, is what my beef is, second to having any problem at all (of course).
    So the whole issue is resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by HostingDirect24 View Post
    So the whole issue is resolved?
    Apparently so. (The actual problem at least is resolved.)

Mind you that answering a service ticket and doing something about it are two different things. The question on my mind is- "Why did I have to come here for customer service?"
    My Hosts?

Update:
    So before this fiasco with AR, I was verifying my progress of rebuilding a web site for mistakes with http://validator.w3.org/. But now that does not work.

Opened a new service ticket asking about nameservers possibly causing THIS problem, as I had seen at reg-svcs my original: NS7(8).xx.xxx doesn't match the recent account I created being NS20(21).xx.xxx I also looked in my WHM panel and saw that all sites are using the NS20, not the NS7. (And the new account will run the validation test.)

Reply: Both of those sets of nameservers point to the same server, so using one or the other should not cause any problems.

Of course I had to go back and ask "So what is the problem now". Seriously. Do I even have to ask? I do customer service myself, for 25 years now. If someone presents a problem that is not part of the question, use your experience to give an answer that would address the damn problem.

So no, problem not totally resolved. The damn thing is supposed to work, but I can't seem to find out why it is not.
    My Hosts?

Im telling you now to RUN... RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

Nothing but downtime and terrible support from AllReseller.

I will post a review soon with more details about my experience with AllReseller and other hosts ive been with over the past year or so.

There is no best Host, only a host that best fits the customer.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.

Quote Originally Posted by JixHost View Post
    There is no best Host, only a host that best fits the customer.
    What does that mean exactly beyond marketing gibberish?

Update:

Yesterday I went into reg-svcs and changed the nameservers on a couple, and added the N20,21 to a couple of others as a test. Nothing changed.

I checked them all just now and they are all now being recognized by the W3C validation tester and all sites are loading nice and fast.
    So well see.
    My Hosts?

OMG im not alone . can someone from allreseller help me? Ticket ID: HFD-581482

I also have the screen shot but since its my 1st post im not allowed to put the link

can you give us a proof :">???

I have since quit allreseller.com. I had reached the end of my patience with the problems that they deny, then suddenly fix. The final straw was with e-mail. I rely upon my e-mail. But since I could never rely on them, I never cancelled my original account with Siteworks, who have been my rock solid account. But this final straw, was affecting my e-mail. The system should work when you follow all the parameters for setting up an e-mail box. (And you should know how to set up e-mails if you are here reading this.) I was not going to go through another few days of "back and forth" with them. I cancelled the account last month.

And lo-and-behold- I got billed for another quarter of service for Allreseller!!!

Now, because I am the fair person that I am, I will give (at this moment) the benefit of the doubt (and I don't know why I really should if allreseller done the right thing and actually closed my account) that "2checkout.com" screwed up and billed me by accident. (Yeah, right.) So I had just sent a "contact" telling them (2CO) I had cancelled last month and to refund the payment.

Hey, Vansulich, proof of what? Who are you asking, me, Priv8, or alquin? And really, can anyone here just go right in and look at other peoples service tickets? And again... Why does a buyer have to come here to get a response to service tickets?

I dropped Allreseller. Siteworks carries "all mine" now. And several people have said in essence "Cheap doesn't mean it's good" and "You get what you pay for".

Now "if and when (or not)" allreseller.com resolves my current "billing a cancelled service" issue, I will come back here and post a follow-up to let all others know the results. Once again, 2checkout does the billing, and apparently, allreseller.com has not told them I have cancelled.
    My Hosts?

Wow, from reading this you have had quite a bit of trouble.

I'm glad you've settled everything back in with Siteworks and that it's going well.

Dave

Glad you are back and up and running now its a shame that some hoting compnaies dont live up to what they say they will do

2CO got back to me and acknowledged the cancellation and will reverse payment to allreseller.
    My Hosts?

Definitely try to stick with the host that has been around the longest when it comes to reseller hosting plans. Once you get customers, you don't want anything wrong to happen so get someone that you can trust.

Problem

I used to have confidence in them but they got me. they tricked me in buying something and them the package was not available any more, making my new bought package useless, with some dollars leaving in my wallet.