Threaded View

Thumbs up iMountain Review (Almost 2 Years)

I am one month short of 2 years hosting with the guys at iMountain.com and I couldn't be happier.

My American Idol blog has made the steps from a shared account with them to their semi-dedicated to a single core dedicated to a brand spanking new dual core dedicated server in the past 23 months. Yes the new server is overkill 8 months out of the year but during American Idol I need all the server I can get. Last season saw 1500+ online at one time.

A huge thanks for the server move this past weekend. A fairly transparent move with minor issues that were sorted out quickly. awesome job

Uptime

has been great for me. hyperspin reports 99.87% uptime for my server. Can't complain about that at all considering most downtime recorded is actually server upgrades.

support

This is still imountain's strongest aspect IMO. Their support is very knowledgeable, fast and even will help with 3rd party scripts. The have helped me setup a couple of custom things, always answer my questions with personal responses, not canned messages and always get issues solved. they have been there all hours and have fixed or setup anything I have ever asked for.

They also have phone support which I have used once just to ask them about an issue real quick. For me email support is better.

price
    very competitive for what you get. Fast servers, access to a huge house database server even on the cheapest shared accounts. You are not on oversold servers. (trust me, I am running Status2K on a shared account as well and the server load is almost always perfect). Not to mention their support team is worth every penny. I just had a support ticket in to setup email notification to me on any cronjobs and it took them less than 5 minutes to do it and respond. Absolutely amazing.

con's

HSPERE control panel which takes some getting used to. I have it mastered now but when I first signed up I was lost as hell.

what i would like to see

I would love to see a customer forum. At one point they said they were going to install one but at this point nothing has come of it.

Still would like to see support sign the names to support tickets so I know who is who. if the support ticket does have a name it is always imountain.com not the techs name

in closing my hosting experience with iMountain has been the best ever and it gets better and better all the time. If you are in need of great hosting with a good support team give them a try
    Last edited by DJSlim; 10-01-2009 at 05:18 PM.