Remote Linux Engineer (work from home)

Fast Support Online offers online support to small and midsized businesses in the North America region. Our focus is to offer fast expert support via remote access to client’s networks, systems and servers. Fast Support Online delivers world-class solutions to hundreds of clients in the United States and Canada and we are rapidly growing our client base using various advertising campaigns. Currently, we are looking for a Linux Systems Administrator for a part-time consulting position. This is a remote consulting position, meaning you will be working from home and can be employed elsewhere. We are currently trying to fill 2 spots, a day shift and a night shift.

Remote Linux System Engineer

· The qualified candidate will perform a variety of support duties associated with Red Hat Linux, Centos, FreeBSD and Ubuntu operating systems.
    · Support Duties include troubleshooting hardware and software problems, installation of software, monthly server maintenance and more.
    · Assist client with Project Planning such as Installation and Migrations.

2+ years of experience in ‘nix environments

Required Skills
    ·2+ years of experience in systems administration of ‘nix systems.
    ·The candidate should be an expert in Red Hat Linux environments.
    ·Experience scripting in BASH or similar Unix/Linux based tools.
    ·Ability to describe, create, and manage system documentation, including standard operating procedures, and routine status reports; and script development
    ·Moreover, the candidate must be able to navigate through ambiguities, and flexible to multi-task changing priorities.
    ·Capability to research, understand, and follow through on deployment of security protocols that include application of security patches; installation and maintenance of third party software; develop corrective action plans to remediate security vulnerabilities; describe the assessment and mitigation of system and project risk levels, and be able to create project plans for stated projects.
    ·Familiarity with system backup strategies based using various tape, optical, or magnetic disk technologies.
    ·Ability to provide support remotely from a computer.

Desired Skills
    ·RHCE and other related certifications are a plus
    ·Capability to work in complex Linux/Unix/Windows environments, but this candidate’s focus will be on Linux.
    ·Desire to develop experience with blade servers, virtual servers and storage area network technologies

Pay Rate
    ·Your pay will be determined based on your experience.
    ·You get paid based on the amount of hours you bill our clients.

For More information please visit: or email your resume to [email protected]

Dear sir or Ma'am,

My email has been sent to your email address.
    I certainly look forward to speaking with your company further.

PS: I got a returned auto-reply with a bunch of letters and numbers?

I forgot to mention this is currently a part time position that could lead to full time employment.

InfoPark, Cochin, India

i have emailed my resume.
    Please check. i am ready to work remotely.

PM'ed you..Please check.

Right behind you.