* how to create an affiliate banner?

I have no idea if I am using the correct words for it but I will try to be a little more specific with what I am trying to research.
    I have noticed many websites propose their customers some banners were they input a code, when a customer clicks on the banner(assuming that banner has been added to an affiliated website),this code in then recorded somehow and the guy affiliated with that website get paid.

How does all of this works?

I would like to create an affiliate account in my future website, add many banners in it, then, let my customers use these banners on their sites and then tracks what they are doing and pay them when a sale has been done. Any idea how to set this up?

Thank you,

Hi Bam Bam,

YOu need an affiliate software or join an Affiliate Marketing Program that allows you to manage your affiliates. We have only used a couple of Affiliate Programs iDeveaffiliate and WHMCS. IDev is a great program that allows you to create newsletters and upload banners along with managing your affiliate program. It is a good product; unfortunately our company moved to the WHMCS Billing System and decided to go with their internal Affiliate System.

I know that there are many software out there but these are the two we are familiar with.

Good luck with your search.

Hi ucwebhost

Thank you for your reply, I was just looking at Clickbank and commission junction, is it any good? How do affiliate programs work? do they take the commission off the website of the affiliated person?
    Their site is not to clear on this/