Commission Job Posts...

Hi,

Another whinge post that everyone will probarly pick at my grammar etc... But hey its a free world I should be also able to openly discuss my opinions.

Commission Adverts... Now this has been bothering me for some time now, I have worked in sales for along time commission jobs... But I see all these web hosting companies offering commission rates like 10 - 20% Commission regardless if its recurring or not I think that's disgusting. I mean $5.00 sale what is 20% of that ? $1 wow that's going to pay my rent this week NOT! Commission jobs should be targeted at higher paying positions like for example every job I have worked for offers high commission between $100 - $500 a sale they bust $100,000's and hundreds of dollars towards advertising! But these little/medium hosts think its acceptable that 15% 20% of even $100 is great.

I think just like the unlimited rule commission based advertising should be dropped here. Its is insane what these guys are willing to pay...

Anyway Feel free to spot any spelling mistakes and go off topic as you guys tend to do when I post my thoughts...
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

The interesting part is they still get people that are interested. Why? Apart from some people looking to gain experience or will take several of these jobs, there are parts of the world where $1 goes a long way. While you may look down on $1 as not being worth your time, not everyone would.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

The interesting part is they still get people that are interested.
    Can't say you have any proof on that...
    Apart from some people looking to gain experience
    Why don't you get a real sales job they offer full training and you can earn a real wage.
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

No proof, except for seeing posts "PM sent". Looks like interest to me?

Me? Get a sales job? Um, no thanks.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Would have to agree with Bear.

WHT appeals to an international audience and all age groups. I think the job adverts reflect that.
    Alasdair

Everyone for their own i say. Although it has to be said, that from a legal proespective this sort of position would be deemed illegal in many parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by The Napster View Post
    from a legal proespective this sort of position would be deemed illegal in many parts of the world.
    There's nothing wrong with paying on a commission based only, nor is there anything illegal with it. This assures that your sales staff are actually working instead of doing nothing, ESPECIALLY in an online environment.

20% of $5? Still a buck, and it's not like you actually have to work that hard for that buck.. Maybe instead of complaining about commissions on low pricing, you'd complain about the problem itself wich is unrealistic pricing.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    20% of $5? Still a buck, and it's not like you actually have to work that hard for that buck.. Maybe instead of complaining about commissions on low pricing, you'd complain about the problem itself which is unrealistic pricing.
    Agreed, $1 is a good commission rate for such an low effort investment sale.

My issue is finding reliable sales guys!

Well I definently have stoped now because I've lost interest in this industry its was nice as a teenager to get some itunes downloads ect. But now in college I need some serious cash. 40k a year is my tutition.
    Andrew Anderson
    Sales Manager
    NerdyHost.com