Its configuration is

DIsk SPace - 10 GB
    Traffic - 200 GB
    Guaranteed RAM - 128 MB
    Burstable RAM - 256 MB
    Max CPU Usage (per CPU) - 80%
    Full root access.

I know that can not install cPanel/WHM, Direct Admin
    So whats the use or purpose of such VPS?
    How many websites we can put on such VPS ?
    Why people make such servers ?
    ██ Website Hosting Mumbai | Web Hosting India
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed
    ██ cPanel-Softaculous Shared Hosting | 99.9% Uptime
    ██ sales[at]linkwayhosting.com | +91-9930-3388-67

For a small business, provided that this VPS company actually makes good on its promises, this type of VPS would actually be a wise purchase. It would easily be able to function as an email and web-server for a couple of domains.

Maybe they use it for file storage who knows, Look at the company ToS. Or sometime is for a personal site only like to host one domain and you just upload files threw the VPS.

The server can also be considered the "Entry Level" VPS as well, which gives an impression of a very low cost solution for someone to select them as a hosting provider. It may be serve as a sufficient VPS for someone that wants no control panel and a static html site + email, but for those that want a more functional VPS with a control panel, this will simply be used as an Enticement Priced VPS to get a customer in the door. Then if they need an upgrade, the customer will be more likely to upgrade to a VPS with more resources with that same company instead of moving.
    - Donovan K
    Want to monitor and manage your customers Windows systems by Client software, web portal, or mobile phone?
    Automated scripts, patching, and remote access too? Ask me how!

Not everyone wants a control panel.

128 MB RAM Virtual Server can be used for quite a few things, you can easily host multiple wordpress blogs on such a VPS.
    Cloud Hosting - Intelligent, Auto-Scalable & Pay-Per-Use | Near Unlimited Resources
    Dedicated Servers - Fully Managed UK Dedicated Servers
    Complete, Fully Managed Web Hosting solutions at eUKhost.com!

You can host a few things, without a big memory footprint. DA would work on it.

Something small like maybe TeamSpeak works on it.

VPN, teamspeak, ventrilo, web reverse proxy... etc.
    SysAdmin.xyz
    Having severs with customer data on it without proper monitoring is like having one night stand without using protections - eventually, there will be an 'oh s**t!' moment.

Lighttpd, Bind, Postfix

I have a such low end VPS to serve as a second DNS and mail server. Furthermore, I use another one with 256mb RAM as a development platform.

Quote Originally Posted by oldunis View Post
    Lighttpd, Bind, Postfix

I have a such low end VPS to serve as a second DNS and mail server. Furthermore, I use another one with 256mb RAM as a development platform.
    How do you use it as "second DNS" ?
    I know dns1 and dns2
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed

Picture a VPS as a computer in a box, sitting on a shelf in a commercial building somewhere, plugged into power and a ethernet/internet connection. You load whatever OS you want on it and whatever that OS can do, you can do.

Like for instance, at home you could take a PC, put Ubuntu Linux on it, and while installing, select that you want to serve web pages. It installs Apache and starts it when it boots. You place your web pages into the "www" folder and then connect to the IP with your browser and there's your web pages! You have just made your own server at home!

The only difference is that there are 20 or more "PCs" on one physical "VPS" machine/box, each having it's own IP address. That's why it's "virtual".

Quote Originally Posted by web-1 View Post
    Picture a VPS as a computer in a box, sitting on a shelf in a commercial building somewhere, plugged into power and a ethernet/internet connection. You load whatever OS you want on it and whatever that OS can do, you can do.

Like for instance, at home you could take a PC, put Ubuntu Linux on it, and while installing, select that you want to serve web pages. It installs Apache and starts it when it boots. You place your web pages into the "www" folder and then connect to the IP with your browser and there's your web pages! You have just made your own server at home!

The only difference is that there are 20 or more "PCs" on one physical "VPS" machine/box, each having it's own IP address. That's why it's "virtual".
    I have already made a VPS on my local Server, based on VMware on Windows OS

How can I manage management of VPS by myself ? Are there any books available for that ?
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed

What do you have in mind in terms of management?

You need to have knowledge of Windows system administration, web server, mail server and many other applications. As far as for the 128 MB RAM VPS... you can run a many things there. Virtual Private Servers do not exist to place control panels on them Hosting automation software helps a lot, but are not required.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

I mean to say I have worked on Windows based applications.
    But the future VPS which I will be going to purchase will be on CentOS of Fedoa (On Linux OS)

So I need some help
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed

Quote Originally Posted by troboy View Post
    I mean to say I have worked on Windows based applications.
    But the future VPS which I will be going to purchase will be on CentOS of Fedoa (On Linux OS)

So I need some help
    ...and so yeah! perfect, a 128MB VPS is the perfect choice for someone who wish to learn Linux

it is dirt cheap! then purchase bigger one once you're ready... or keep it as development/test server.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz

But where can I get tutorials or ebooks for it ?
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed

www.quickweb.co.nz

I know that site but its difficult to find it
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed

I think what you are saying is that you are running VMware, which might be able to emulate a "blank" PC, in which you would install a VPS system and then practice managing a server like that.

If you already have the VPS system operating, I assume all you have to do is install a OS of some sort.

I think you can learn more by doing it, rather than reading. I am sure the VPS software has some sort of documentation with it, and you just have to set each VPS config for amount of ram, bandwidth etc.. that you give to each VPS "customer".

In case it's not clear, when you buy a VPS "account" from someone here for a monthly fee, you just get a VPS that contains one OS. Meaning you don't control the whole dedicated physical machine.

But you do get a control panel that lets you hit "reset" and also pick or change the OS that is used in your VPS "account".

Maybe you should go to a few sites that are selling VPS's and find one that has a free live online demo or maybe a video that shows how a VPS works, that might clear things up.

Quote Originally Posted by web-1 View Post
    I think what you are saying is that you are running VMware, which might be able to emulate a "blank" PC, in which you would install a VPS system and then practice managing a server like that.

If you already have the VPS system operating, I assume all you have to do is install a OS of some sort.

I think you can learn more by doing it, rather than reading. I am sure the VPS software has some sort of documentation with it, and you just have to set each VPS config for amount of ram, bandwidth etc.. that you give to each VPS "customer".

In case it's not clear, when you buy a VPS "account" from someone here for a monthly fee, you just get a VPS that contains one OS. Meaning you don't control the whole dedicated physical machine.

But you do get a control panel that lets you hit "reset" and also pick or change the OS that is used in your VPS "account".

Maybe you should go to a few sites that are selling VPS's and find one that has a free live online demo or maybe a video that shows how a VPS works, that might clear things up.
    I think the conversation is about learning "linux OS" not learning how to implement VPS or learning virtualization technology....which the cheap 128MB RAM VPS can benefit someone, as the OP is originally asking why some vendor are selling under-powered VPS.

Most VPS provider has some sort of control panel like hyperVM etc bundled in.
    www.quickweb.co.nz