When one becomes a reseller host, how do they make it so that when a person buys...

...their hosting online, their account is immediately activated? I am really curious about this, and would appreciate any help. Thanks.

If you are using WHM combined with WHMCS you can surely do this.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

WHMCS and ClientExec have certain modules available for you to automate processes and account creation. I highly recommend WHMCS.

Oh, okay. I didn't know it did that. Does it also allow you to integrate domain purchasing with hosting purchasing?

Yes it does. I believe it also has modules for registrars like ResellerClub and Enom.

Cool. Thanks for your help.

ITs called "Billing System", Should get one. I think the best one is WHMcs With cPanel/WHM its supper good. They have a free 15-day trial at whmcs.com I believe.

My vote has always went to WHMCS since it was first released. I've never been a big fan of ClientExec as I've always found it to be much slower and really, more of a hassle. WHMCS is simple, straight to the point and efficient.

Thanks for that review, Michael-DAS.

WHM + Any billing software which supports account creation via remote access key.

Another vote for WHMCS, they just released a new version. WHMCS rocks, I've never used a different billing system, and I don't plan to switch.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

Hello,
    One other option is called cPCreator, although their site seems to be undergoing maintenance. http://www.cpcreator.net/ . Unlike ClientEcex or WHMCS it only works with cPanel/WHM Based Servers, but hey, it is free. It looks like WHMCS as well.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

One more fan here for WHMCS. You can use that for support purposes also along with billing.

WHMCS offers a free enom account, good choice to go with WHMCS.

With WHMCS everything is completely automated. The user orders and it automatically creates the account, username/password, etc, then send the user a confirmation with everything. It is definitely worth it, a lifetime license is a little over $300, and alot of resellers include it free.

Automated setup with whmcs is what most hosts use. If setup properly it will instantly setup a new account for your client and send him the new activation emails.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.

Rabitcake = many control panels will do what you are asking. Some integrate even more automated billing/creation tasks such as ssl, etc

WHMCS is probably the most poular billing system used for hosts. We use it and it is excellent.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.