* The Web Hosting Plan Guessing Game??

Greetings Everyone!

When I ran my web hosting company in 2007 I found that many of my clients had selected the wrong hosting plan for their web site needs... (wrong platform, disk space, ecommerce, etc...) that we later adjusted when they contacted us when trying to install a script or were going over the allocated resources....

I'm putting together a white paper and would greatly appreciate your professional and experienced input on this question. (web hosting company owners and web hosting clients are able to participate)

Below is a simple (1 question) - (yes/no) poll
    http://www.micropoll.com/akira/mpview/670023-204206

Would be great if you can explain why selected your answer on this thread.

Thank you very much!
    ~Zizo~
    Last edited by webhostingwiz; 09-30-2009 at 05:14 PM.

While I'm not directly in the hosting market, our business structure is the same as most webhosting companies.

I asnwered No. to your poll.

We have our business setup in a way that our plan differences are only on 1 resource. This would be comparable to a host only changing diskspace / bandwidth on their plan.

If I was to run a company where each plan gave more value (scripts, etc) then I could see your issue.

Maybe you could code a friendly wizard that asks your customers a couple of questions and recommends a plan for them. I know one of our competitors did this on a CD that was sent out in a major gaming magazine. From what I've seen and heard, it worked wonders.

Best of luck.

Thanks Mekhu for your support, our white paper will hopefully lead to production of software like you have mentioned.

What is your web site?

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will publish the reports of the poll along with my whitepaper upon completion. This will allow us as web hosting companies to really understand our client behaviors when they visit our web sites.

Thank you for everyone that has taken the poll.

Zizo