Site Rank Down Alot .

I have upgraded my forum to latest version and during that time becoz we removed old files and add new file so that why it takes little time to forum back online in working condition but during that time some thing went wrong and my site traffic down alot in past it was 20000 unique hits per day. but now it just 5000 unique hits per days ,
    Does any one help me what to do ? I upgraded on 1 august.mean 2 month has passed but still no improvement.
    Im really tens.

Quote Originally Posted by nabeelamjad View Post
    I have upgraded my forum to latest version and during that time becoz we removed old files and add new file so that why it takes little time to forum back online in working condition but during that time some thing went wrong and my site traffic down alot in past it was 20000 unique hits per day. but now it just 5000 unique hits per days ,
    Does any one help me what to do ? I upgraded on 1 august.mean 2 month has passed but still no improvement.
    Im really tens.
    Search engines probably got a lot of 404 errors, and may still be getting them for old pages.

What you could do is look at the 404 errors in your log and start with the URLs that get the most hits and make a 301 redirect to a like URL on your site.

It's possible your regular users thought you went under and it will take a while for them to come back. Do you have any e-mail addresses for your users? Send a e-mail.

You should always have a plan in place when you go to do things like this. Is it possible to just go back in time by using a back up and restoring the forums to the way they were, then make a good plan, and then do the upgrade again?

You should compare old html and new html and see what changed, and try to resolve it. Use google cache for old version or way back machine and see the source

That's right, you will want to see what pages the search engines can't find and 301 redirect them. The search engines still think those pages exist and when they get the 404 it hurts your site.

Have you checked the SEO plugins? Are they working good with your updated software?

Quote Originally Posted by nabeelamjad View Post
    Im really tens.
    Work with Google webmaster tool and their will report all the broken links. May be the site design bad or much time to load. So verify how u loose the visitors..

I really dont understand what should i do .
    in past using some kind of furl which change .php extension to .html and change little bit of its text.
    but after that i changed almost 3 times 3 different type of furl . becoz i did not know about that it hurt my site .
    but all those link consider to be not found by google and daily alot of not found url generated what should i do know . it seems not any other way

Make sure your SEO plugins are of updated verisons matching to your latest current forums.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles

Try re-evaluate your site and you way of link building it maybe your doing something old and isn't effective anymore. Just be vigilant on finding out new updates on SEO techniques and do's and don'ts.

It may due to the following three reasons.

1. The links to your website are being devalued by Google.

2. The links to your website are being removed.

3. Your competitors acquiring better links than your's and hence beating you in the SERPs

Try to check and fix it!

The best of all, it maybe jsut google dance, then it can dance back!

you loss and important back link

You really should try to look for the problem on every aspect possible in that way you'll be able to know what exact solution to apply in the first place. =)

Problem sounds like upgrading the forum caused the link addresses to change to those pages. Therefore, your traffic is going down because Google can't give you the relevant PR you deserve since the URLs are all 404 now.

Add your site to Google Webmaster Central so you can review any errors. Chances are that your URL structure may have changed. Also, make sure to submit an updated XML sitemap to all major search engines.

Yeah, those big changes can certainly goof things up. The 301 redirects are important for those links you can't fix (php is bad for this kind of 404 generation).
    Webmaster tools is the basic way to diagnose and fix your problems.
    Of course, you may need to realize that you competitors may have taken advantage of the situation and you may just have to be more competitive in your seo - sem to get your page rank back up, too.
    However, your seo may have junked your PR and that's why you aren't seeing improvement after two months, although google can be slow in rebuilding it. By the end of the third month you should know if it doesn't improve.

20K of traffic from where???

You should look at where all that traffic was coming from earlier. Was it a certain search term? Repeat visits? If it was mostly coming form a few terms check your current ranking for those terms. make sure your new design includes those terms. Do some Press Releases (PR) about your redesign including links back to your site with those keywords in the press releases.
    Best site hosting -
    Looking for affordable Canadian based hosting - PM me any suggestions.