1and1.com = HORRIBLE

I have bought over 500 domains during my existence with 1and1.com, there has been no problem until when I requested a list of all of my names because they do NOT have an option for this anywhere on their website, which makes me frustrated because with all the technology and money they are making they cannot supply me with a simple list of my domain names?!??! They said I have to go to who.is and look each name 1 by 1 but that is NOT right and with 500 domains you can believe that would take some time, WTF? Second, about a year ago they decided to suddenly charge me $2 more without give me a noticed.... That would be fine for a client with 50 or less domains, I guess but i had over 500 names and thats another $1000 on top of the domain expenses... This company gives you no customer support, they up charge you at their convenience and I want to get the word out to be aware of this horrid company! Has anyone else had this or a bad experience with them? I think these experiences I stated are pretty valid reasons NOT to support them or use them for anything, especially giving them my hard earned money. Bottom line is 1and1.com are digital THIEVES!

500 domains? Shouldn't you have made your own list?
    iWebFusion.Net - Shared / Reseller / VPS / Bare Metal / Colocation / IP Transit / Networking
    *Simply Hosting - Wholly owned networks, in-house staff, legions of fans!

You ordered domain names and 1and1 provided that service in exchange for money. Their customer support may not be up to your liking and they may lack features you want/need, but that does not make them thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Muyskens View Post
    500 domains? Shouldn't you have made your own list?
    Pardon me, maybe when you reg them with umpteen different hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by tws View Post
    You ordered domain names and 1and1 provided that service in exchange for money. Their customer support may not be up to your liking and they may lack features you want/need, but that does not make them thieves.
    Maybe one should investigate all available features beforehand, true.
    Last edited by Michaelz; 09-30-2009 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by projectpaul View Post
    Bottom line is 1and1.com are digital THIEVES!
    See previous comment.

I have bought over 500 domains during my existence with 1and1.com, there has been no problem until when I requested a list of all of my names because they do NOT have an option for this
    How long have you been with them????

That would be fine for a client with 50 or less domains, I guess but i had over 500 names and thats another $1000 on top of the domain expenses...
    You think you deserved special conditions? Why didn't you ask for them? Did you read their TOS? On which grounds do you make a major investment like registering 500 domains? Do you also think a poor hack with 50 regs or less deserves to get screwed?

Think twice, mate.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, so you never got your domain names list?

I find it beyond belief that anyone uses 1and1 for domain registration. They all deserve all the complaints we see here on WHT and elsewhere.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post
    I find it beyond belief that anyone uses 1and1 for domain registration. They all deserve all the complaints we see here on WHT and elsewhere.
    how's their hosting services though?

Quote Originally Posted by techforce View Post
    how's their hosting services though?
    I've heard bad things about their hosting services (shared hosting, haven't really heard anything about their VPS/Managed packages). However, if you have a dedicated server with them, and know what you're doing, you'll have a very happy relationship with them, as they give you the power to do whatever you want with your server, short of replacing the hardware. I've had a dedi with them for over 2 years now and wouldn't change it for the world.

Their support has gotten better too, in my experience. One day I broke something that I couldn't fix on my own and I called support, dreading what I would face, and actually got an American (or someone who speaks English natively) and rebooted my server right from the switch, and another time I got another English speaker who happily replaced my server's RAM in less than 30 minutes.

They've also E-Mailed me if they detected an incoming DDoS on my machine, attaching any logs of the potential attack for me to investigate.

That said, I will never EVER register a domain with them, EVER. That goes for any other company that primarily sells hosting. If you're getting a domain, go with a company that either ONLY sells domains or primarily makes their most income from domains. 1&1 isn't one of those companies, and thus has terrible domain service. Personally, I think you're only considered a real client at 1&1 if you own a dedicated server, everyone else is small potatoes.

Registrars are for buying domain names from

Hosts are for buying hosting from

Big difference, seriously. Unlock em all and transfer away to somewhere else (I suggest Moniker).
    http://www.wpdirectorypro.com is a premium plugin to make a directory using WordPress
    http://www.pocketbikeforum.com racing, mods, sales, and general discussion of pocket bikes