Exclamation MochaHost Experience

I was looking for a windows reseller plan. I researched lots and found mochahost. They seemed to have a good deal and had all the features I wanted. Anyway, I signed up and immediately requested that they add ClientExec to my account. (Extra $4/month).

After a few hours I received a welcome email and all was good, but no info on ClientExec. I contacted tech support through their chat program (which appears to always be a guy named "Tod"). He told me I needed to open a separate ticket for it. So I did that.

After 24 HOURS, I received a response telling me they generated an invoice that I need to pay. Which I did right away. The response also told me that I needed to re-open the support ticket after I paid for it so they would know to turn on ClientExec for me. The only problem is the ticket was already open.??

I waited about 6 hours and then I contacted "Tod" in tech support again via chat. He told me to open another ticket letting them know I paid, which I did, now 48 HOURS AGO.
    No response at all. I contacted "Tod" again right now and he can't help at all. In fact he told me to open another ticket. lol.

I did read some bad stuff about Mochahost, and now Im pretty worried. If I ever need support for my customers I can't wait 48 hours for a response.

Well it is inefficient to rely on your provider for support when your clients need it from you. Sorry for your experience, perhaps you can let "Tod" know about your long wait for support to respond.

I did let Tod know. He says he can't do anything. From what I can tell he is just there to say "Open a ticket", I think so Mochahost can claim to have chat support.

Have you already tried calling them, that's what I would try next.

I will try that, but it says it is only a callback service. It would be much easier if they just answered the ticket. Here I am now 50+ hours later with still no reply.

Still No Reply. Amazing isn't it? I opened another trouble ticket earlier and they said they are going to escalate my ticket to a level 2 technician. LEVEL 2 TECHNICIAN?? All I want is what I paid for..lol.

Who thinks I should jump ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek321 View Post
    Who thinks I should jump ship?
    If I were in your shoes, I would seriously consider jumping ship. I'd probably give them until end of business Friday 02OCT09, after that my decision would be made.

P.S. In the future avoid any web host which offers unlimited hosting or really low prices because it simply does not exist. OK it does exist but you'll get bad service, terrible uptime or tech support techs asking you to open new tickets, re-open old tickets and then to stop duplicating tickets. I wonder what kind of ticket you'll have to open, close then re-open in order to file a cancellation. This should be entertaining

P.S.S. You get what you pay for
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

48 hours of non-answered support ticket can mean one of two:
    a) Galaxy-size problem, like server eaten up by a black hole or problems in time continuum;
    b) red alert - "leave this host a.s.a.p."
    I think, it's option "B"...

Hi Derek321, this is Tod. If you want some sympathy for the lack of service you'll have to open a trouble ticket.

Maybe it's Sweeney Tod.

If I were in Derek321's sneekers I'd Toddle off and find another host.

owm.
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

It is terrible that they customers cant get in touch with their hosts.It is time to move on as you still have not got any response.
    HostEase Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

If you want some sympathy for the lack of service you'll have to open a trouble ticket
    A symphaty for the lack of service? Well, what about refund for the customer?

Clients do not need sympathy for lack of service. It is their right to have proper service for what they paid. It is not a professional response IMHO. I can agree that WHT is not the help desk; but after waiting for days with out response only he came here to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    Clients do not need sympathy for lack of service. It is their right to have proper service for what they paid. It is not a professional response IMHO. I can agree that WHT is not the help desk; but after waiting for days with out response only he came here to complain.
    Hi, this is Tod again. I understand the serious nature of providing quality and professional services. From now on, we will strive to do better. So please file any future tickets with lots of emoticons, in order to convey the true seriousness of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_tanks View Post
    Hi, this is Tod again. I understand the serious nature of providing quality and professional services.
    Yes that is nice.
    From now on, we will strive to do better.
    Really good to see your positive approach.
    So please file any future tickets with lots of emoticons, in order to convey the true seriousness of the problem.
    Disagree with this. Why he/any client need to express a lot of emotions to convey the seriousness of the problem. He came to chat and told his problems and then opened ticket as per your advice. Even then a provider can not understand the seriousness ......

Here is the latest on this.

Last night I received a response to my last trouble ticket. (I now have 3 tickets open, per the hosts request). They asked me which domain I want it installed on, and the path I wanted to use for the installation. I provided that info, then 5 hours later I got a response and I was thinking "Finally!".

It said the following, and I quote:

"We are sending your request for processing. We will update this ticket once your request has been processed and provide you with more relevant information if such is available."

You went with a dirt cheap overseller. Now you're getting dirt cheap overseller support. You obviously don't do your homework -- this means most likely you yourself are going to be an annoying client once you find a real host.
    Justin Yancey | Northern Virginia & District of Columbia | https://www.linkedin.com/in/justinyancey

Their prices seemed comparable to others I looked at like Host Nexus, but they had Plesk 9 instead of 8.

As far as the unlimited thing goes, hostgator is known as one of the best hosts and they have an unlimited plan.

Whats business do you feel offers a good Windows Reseller plan?

I'm guessing your friends with Tod?
    Last edited by Derek321; 10-01-2009 at 06:18 PM.

Hello ,
    i have an experience with Mochahost.com
    i have signed up a VPS , and i resevied it after 48 Hours
    but there was a problem that i was decided to install cPanel , after they have signed up the VPS .
    note : THE LIVE CHAT IS USELESS .

To install the vps i had to pay 5$ at first , but the Billing Dept works just from Monday TO Friday , and i was have to wait for 3 days to pay the 5$ And my websites are Offline all this time .

At the End i had Cancelled the Order

The single good thing on Mochahost.com , that the Data center is Theplanet.com

and i'm looking to signup with Up2vps .