Question new host provider required

Hello,

I am looking for new host provider for my store. With my current host provider I have a lots of problem. Which server (not expensive and good) can you recommend for zen-cart store? Thx for help in advance.

Are you looking for a shared or VPS hosting provider? What are your needs as far as server resoruces go? In addition, what sort of budget are you looking at?

The reason I ask is because it's a lot easier (both for youself and others) to figure out what might fit you best if you know what you need.

If you want to put zen-cart store i'd say use a small VPS try not to go with shared hosting.

Is this a zen-cart with a few hundred products? or a few thousand products? If its the latter, maybe a VPS is a good choice, if only a few products shared is fine.

Also you did not mention bandwidth and disk space requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcicorci View Post
    Hello,

I am looking for new host provider for my store. With my current host provider I have a lots of problem. Which server (not expensive and good) can you recommend for zen-cart store? Thx for help in advance.
    You should list your site requirements and what type of hosting solution you are looking for (i.e. shared, VPS, dedicated), along with the number of products you sell. That way people here could give you a more adequate hosting recommendation. The more detail the better.

Also, you might want to contact Zen Cart directly and ask them which hosts they recommend.

Hello,

Maybe you should explain what the problems with your host are? Could they be sorted out some way? Maybe it's more about communications than technical issues?

What kind of problems were you having? Maybe its something independent of host?

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    What kind of problems were you having? Maybe its something independent of host?
    Thank you for coming to my aide against the overwhelming majority of opinion;-)

It is Windows hosting you are after?

Not sure why you would run Zen Cart on Windows? Are you sure you are not looking for a linux based environment? Also, it will run just fine in a shared Linux plan unless you are with a budget host. I know someone that has many installations of Zen Cart at Cartika Hosting in a shared environment (it is a clustered shared environment).

zen cart runs fine on windows

zen cart runs fine on windows
    I'm sure it can, but whenever someone needs apache, PHP, and mySQL... I'd much rather be on a Linux box. Nothing against Windows as it has it's own place for scripting languages.

Heheh. Of course if you need apache.....

But there is no need to change os here, if he is indeed on windows

Right now I have problems with communication. Very often there was information that server is not available or I can not connect with database.

Concerning requirements:
    Minimum/suggested server requirements acc ZENCART:
    • PHP 4.3.2 or higher (PHP 4.4.x for optimal performance),
    • Apache 1.3.x and MySQL 3.2.x or higher.
    • Register Globals may be on or off, with "off" being the recommended configuration
    • safe_mode off recommended.

Concerning price:
    Right now I have to pay about 25Euro per year. They offer 10GB server place and 1600 GB traffic per year.
    Concerning amount of articles: 200

Personally, I think it is very likely you will not find a host that doesn't give you the same types of problems for less than about 50 euros a year. Are you using a control panel like cpanel or DA?

Concerning requirements:
    Minimum/suggested server requirements acc ZENCART:
    PHP 4.3.2 or higher (PHP 4.4.x for optimal performance),
    Apache 1.3.x and MySQL 3.2.x or higher.
    Register Globals may be on or off, with "off" being the recommended configuration
    safe_mode off recommended.
    Zen-cart will run on IIS too. This is the windows forum

I am using cpanel

I am using cpanel
    So you must be on a linux plan. You should post your question in the main Web Hosting Forum. More people lurking around there.

But if I will do so, somebody can treat it like spam. I would like to avoid it

But if I will do so, somebody can treat it like spam. I would like to avoid it
    What gives you this idea? The spam may rather be in the answers. As has been mentioned with your tight budget it is highly probable that you can run into any kinds of the same problems again. Maybe you should start with reliable shared hosting (this is a matter of going through a !massive! amount of reviews and identifying affiliate-based bias from more independent opinion) with a host that offers you the possibility to extend your resources in accordance with the development of your business. In another forum I mentioned to consider SSL, dedicated IP and other e-commerce products. Good luck!

new host provider required

So you must be on a linux plan. You should post your question in the main Web Hosting Forum. More people lurking around there.
    I was adviced to post my question here

Hello,

Where is your desired location? how much disk space and bandwidth do you need? and finally what's your budget?

Try looking at the "Find a Host" location at the top of these forums.
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira

Right now I have to pay about 25 Euro per year. They offer 10GB server place and 1600 GB traffic per year.
    I have a shop in Austria but server is from Poland

25 euros aren't that much at all. The price you pay is quite good. I'm sure you'll find many hosting providers, but I doubt that anyone would offer a reliable shared hosting in EU for as low as 25 euros.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

I was adviced to post my question here
    Moved and merged instead. No point having two threads about one issue.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    25 euros aren't that much at all. The price you pay is quite good. I'm sure you'll find many hosting providers, but I doubt that anyone would offer a reliable shared hosting in EU for as low as 25 euros.
    ??? Isn't there a slight contradiction in what you say? The price is good but it's not credible to get reasonable value in exchange?

I have a shop in Austria but server is from Poland
    That's what everybody can see.

They offer 10GB server place and 1600 GB traffic per year.
    To start again: Are these your requirements apart from what the Zen Cart documentation says? Or is this the package? And is 1600 GB actually a yearly rate? Strange enough. What is your previous hosting experience? According to the imprint on your site you seem to have a technical education, true?

I have been looking for a host to host my domain and I tried to go as cheap as possible but in the end I went with hostgator because even though they oversell they keep their servers running strong with good response. So hostgator is a great host as long as your not running a very high traffic vB script or anything like that.
    Inode Hosting - Reliable Web Hosting for the right price.
    Shared & Reseller hosting featuring the industry leading cpanel
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee ,30 Day Money Back Guarantee ,24/7 Support
    Established since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jcarney1987 View Post
    I have been looking for a host to host my domain and I tried to go as cheap as possible but in the end I went with hostgator because even though they oversell they keep their servers running strong with good response. So hostgator is a great host as long as your not running a very high traffic vB script or anything like that.
    Sorry, there's a lack of understanding from my part. You usually register one or more domains with a domain registrar, which is completely unrelated from hosting a website that might be related to a particular domain name.

And I don't think your answer is of any use for the OP because I could likewise say biggestscamintheworldhost.com is good for you because I like it so much.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ToNeZ View Post
    If you want to put zen-cart store i'd say use a small VPS try not to go with shared hosting.

I so not agree with the VPS. I run a zen-cart store (with 2,000 products), and if runs perfectly fine on shared hosting. You will run into a problem with a host that oversells, and has overloaded servers; that causes the problems. I moved from bluehost, which had constant downtimes, to meadialayer, and the site runs great, and has had 100% uptime in the 6 weeks I have been with them.

You may want to up your budget some. If you cannot afford medialayer, check out precision effect, or any other non-overselling host.

Virtual Private Servers, or VPS, offer an excellent solution when it comes to getting the power, resources, RAM and dedicated control you need from a dedicated server but at cheaper shared hosting prices. VPS Web Hosts and VPS Hosting providers offer excellent VPS hosting plans at prices between a Reseller hosting plan and a dedicated server.

Which ever host you decide to choose I would be upfront of your expectations from them. Ask questions before you buy to see how and how long they take to respond. A google search on the host would not be a bad idea as well.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.

Quote Originally Posted by HostingDirect24 View Post
    To start again: Are these your requirements apart from what the Zen Cart documentation says? Or is this the package? And is 1600 GB actually a yearly rate? Strange enough. What is your previous hosting experience? According to the imprint on your site you seem to have a technical education, true?
    This is the package from my provider. 1600GB this is yearly rate. Up to now I was using only free hosts. This is my first professional one so I do not have hosting experience. Yes, I have technical education, but what for you need it?

This is the package from my provider. 1600GB this is yearly rate.
    It puts the price a bit in perspective as bandwidth is usually given at a monthly basis. It breaks down to something like 133.3/mo but I doubt there are such seasonal peaks to justify an annual rate. Rather indicates that yearly payment is required upfront, which again makes the package appear even less attractive on a mere price-based view.

Up to now I was using only free hosts. This is my first professional one so I do not have hosting experience. Yes, I have technical education, but what for you need it?
    This answers the question, sorry for being a bit too personal maybe. I was just wondering at which level you needed advice. The question remains what scope your shop has now and in the future. Is this supposed to earn you major income or just a little on the side or an extension to an existing brick and mortar store?