To 'Trust' or not to 'Trust'

Currently, I have several dedicated servers at Ventures Online. I decided to take Dedicated Now up on their special for an additional server.

It was mentioned to me that setting up a trust relationship between the servers was not recommended. I've had a couple of people mention this, but nobody was clear as to why (they too had heard that it wasn't recommended).

Could somebody explain why a Trust relationship between servers is a bad thing?
    If I were to establish a trust relationship, wouldn't my users be able to use the same nameservers: and

Should I not set it up this way?

If I don't set it up that way, wouldn't my users have to use different nameservers for each server?
    Server 1:

Server 2:

Server 3:

I'm also trying to determine one other thing.
    Lets say my server at VO is named ''
    My server at Dedicated Now is ''

Is there anything I need to modify on the DNS on server 1 so that the '' points to the second server and doesn't act like a sub-domain on server1 (hope that makes sense).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

I have a trust relationship setup between my primary nameserver and all of the slave servers. This allows all sites hosted by me to use and as the nameservers. It works perfectly. Whenever a new site is added to any of the slaves the master nameserver is updated. The secondary nameserver can be updated using the " Synchronize DNS Records With Primary Nameserver" option in WHM.

Thanks for the reply. That is how I would like to set it up, everyone using the same nameservers. I became concerned when I told that setting up a trust is a bad thing, but nobody can't tell me why

there are security problems with this approach. it is rather arcane to accomplish though and the majority of script kiddies wont go for it, so you should be fine. however, i suggest using tsig if you are running bind as opposed to djbdns which doesnt support it.
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at]

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters