Thread: Support Tickets

Support Tickets

Do you personaly think that some companys don't answer right on support tickets or don't think the right way, (like dont care) when answering a support ticket in there billing system or support system then with the client comes on a forum such as WHT and posts what happens the provider comes and helps the client much more then he would of or had in the support tickets. I see many people come on wht and bring there problems they have with there provide, Im not saying this is a bad thing to do im just trying to show every else how i see it as that the hosts don;t care about there clients but when something goes public the hosting provider trys more to fix it...

Could it be that he or she dsnt want to lose customers thats the way i think it.

I've thought about this before however just thought about not posting. I think bigger companies such as HostGator etc won’t as they have dedicated staff and offices, whilst small companies don’t and many are just a one-man thing – and the problem with this is they would maybe do what you’ve said to pass on time, or even maybe hope the client sorts the issue his/her self.

Hi!
    I've been thinking about this quite a bit..and here's what I think. In many cases..I think many hosts really are using the infamous learn-as-you-go technique. Yes..things are going to take longer if you have never done them before..much, much longer in some cases. It's not that they don't care..it's simply this is something they have never done before.

I think many new hosts also fall into the I'll-do-anything-the-customer-asks trap. If a customer asks for PHP-Mail..off they go recompiling PHP just for this one customer..not realizing suddenly all their current client's sites are "down" because php is not available.

Customer asks for tomcat..and..tada..they install it. The very next day...the server crashes. Hmmm. Wonder why?

Tomcat has no business on a production web server *unless* you know what you are doing. Some hosts say they know..but I'm not buying it.

I think many new hosts really try to do too much at the same time and are horribly disorganized. This leads to a closed ticket that was not finished and forgotten..for hours..until the customer complains.

Lastly..clients really should do more themselves. It's the truth.
    However..some get exactly what they deserve by buying the very cheapest account they can or buying a dedicated server from a OP that has a post count of 14.

Sigh. Rant over.
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

Brent from hostgator comes on this forum frequently and if someone posts a bad review or needs help he is usually there to help even though they are a huge company. I think when someone posts on a forum if you dont help the user out your companies reputation will go down, so thats why they try to help more.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

Well I've seen some meaningless or eve awful responses to customer's enquiries and I've been a patient when I needed to deal with some providers in different industries. It is normal for anyone to come to WHT and to share their impressions of any web host if someone from host's side has failed to provide what was promised. This way the user helps other people when they need to choose a web host.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

hosts don;t care about there clients but when something goes public the hosting provider trys more to fix it...
    Well, I certainly wouldn't like it if the issue became public and the host still failed to give it rightful attention. Whether we're talking about a generally good, or a generally bad host, the right way from a PR point of view is to handle a public complaint with the utmost attention.

Now, there may be some devious host that would willingly mishandle the support ticket of a WHT member, in order to have him complain here, and then swiftly and very professionally handle the situation, ending up with a PR win, and gaining a couple of days of attention to the company name.

Yeah, sometimes I can be a cynic.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post

Now, there may be some devious host that would willingly mishandle the support ticket of a WHT member, in order to have him complain here, and then swiftly and very professionally handle the situation, ending up with a PR win, and gaining a couple of days of attention to the company name.

This could be a reason too I never thought of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Well, I certainly wouldn't like it if the issue became public and the host still failed to give it rightful attention. Whether we're talking about a generally good, or a generally bad host, the right way from a PR point of view is to handle a public complaint with the utmost attention.

Thats a very risky move, things can go wrong very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheServerExperts View Post
    Thats a very risky move, things can go wrong very quickly.
    But if you're a small host with only a few customers, what do you have to lose? Chances are you aren't already receiving the visitors/attention you want to begin with and you don't have much of a client base to lose.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

In the first place, clients are not going to tell you on what all forums they are active, and what their handles are!

Secondly, it is not too difficult to figure out if such a thread pops up.

Lastly, as TheServerExperts said, we wouldn't want to wait till our client gets so pissed off!!
    We lose in the long term with such cheap tricks.
    TUXG Hosting - shared hosting simplified
    Linux | BSD ~ Joomla | Drupal
    o 99.9% Uptime o Anytime Phone Support o 30-day Moneyback

Google Alerts will go a long way towards watching the internet for mentions of your company
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Hi!
    I pay very much attention when a host responds to a complaint. I'm sure it's helped me avoid some problems..although...sadly..a few very horrible hosts are experts at PR here on WHT. It's rare, though. Tempers flare and the real person comes out..suddenly the mask is gone. Sadly..many have no masks..and it just plain horrible.

Many would have came out better by not saying anything at all.
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

i have read terms of services from hosting company's that claim to have the right to terminate your account if abusing of support tickets.

So that could be 1 of the reasons
    TrueSSD The Future is here!
    clickcloudit.com

It might simply have to do with people make mistakes. No host is going to have a perfect track record handling every support ticket properly. They could also miss one from time to time for whatever reason.

We have no trouble admitting we haven't handled every ticket with the same quality. When you have numerous employees with various departments and a lot of customers you miss the odd one once in a while. In a lot of these cases the user just asks why there was no response or the information was incorrect and everyone moves on.

So it's not the norm for someone to post on WHT saying x host handled it bad or did not respond. I imagine in most cases if the user had asked for help again or spoke up about the problem it could have been resolved without WHT. That's not to say it always happens that way but that's mostly with hosts who aren't even real companies. So the host helping the person on WHT just makes sense really. The user posted they're going to help them and make sure everyone knows. That is just smart PR
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

I personally don't think that companies ignore support requests or let them go by on support desk and pay attention to those only when they are made public on WHT or any other forum by the customer. Considering the amount of support requests a medium or a large hosting company gets on a daily basis, there is always a remote possibility of such a situation arising.
    Cloud Hosting - Intelligent, Auto-Scalable & Pay-Per-Use | Near Unlimited Resources
    Dedicated Servers - Fully Managed UK Dedicated Servers
    Complete, Fully Managed Web Hosting solutions at eUKhost.com!

Im not talking about the big companys or medium but some companys for example HostPolice they always seem to have a ticket trouble and when it comes up on WHT they start working.