issue with wordpress site

Hi, Guys!

I have this wordpress site that worked just fine on Wednesday of last week. I haven't been on it or made ANY changes to it since last Wednesday, but now only the home/blog/contact pages work and everything else is not working. Although in the source, all the info is there, it is not displaying on the page at all.

Any ideas?

Again, I haven't made ANY changes whatsoever since I last visited the site and it's probably something simple, but I'm too tired to see it.

Here's the site: http://teachforjune.com/

Thanks for your help!
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

if you press Conrol+A , you see there is a message "FireStats error : FireStats database needs to be upgraded" this may cause the problem.

Thanks, but that didn't fix it. I deactivated the plugin, but the pages still don't show up.

Although in the source, all the info is there, it is not displaying on the page at all.
    any example, seems content not there.

Website seems to load OK for me, did you fix it?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dotflyer View Post
    any example, seems content not there.
    That's how it seems to me too - like someone's blanked all the post contents. What does the wp_posts table look like?
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

This definitely seems to be some sort of problem with your MYSQL database though I can't put my finger on it exactly, since after all you said you made NO changes. Odd... have you tried logging into your MYSQL database and giving it a look? I'm not sure if you're proficient or not, but it's not that complicated really.

I checked the db and the info is in there. When I log in to admin page and check pages, the info is there too.

This is really weird. I've never had this happen before.

Perhaps a modified / corrupted template file? As an experiment, try switching to the default template.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

I've tried changing the templates and that didn't work. I tried reinstalling Wordpress and that didn't work. Now the blog page (which was working fine) is now screwed up as the background isn't displaying correctly.

I'm wondering if it's being hacked and I'm not aware of it. I don't see that any files have been recently changed other than the one's I'm playing with.

I got my blog page back, but I notice that all blog entries after July are not shown on the blog page either. Hmmmmm. It gets stranger and stranger.

Someone's playing with your mind...

Perhaps a malicious / out of control plugin, blanking the contents as they're rendered? In view of recent events, check your users table carefully (outside of the WP admin system).
    Chris

I have checked it and I have a backup. I even used a backup from last month and still nothing so I don't think it's the db. I think there's something wrong with the way wp is communicating with the db.

Okay, I did find out that it was a rogue plugin causing all of these issues. But what's weird is that I didn't install a new plugin or update any of them. So why this plugin that used to work all of a sudden caused this issue is beyond me.

Also, I'm still having the issue were none of my blog posts are showing since July.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by powerMonster-Scott View Post
    Okay, I did find out that it was a rogue plugin causing all of these issues.
    Just out of curiosity, which plugin was it that caused the issue? And it may have been caused by WordPress upgrading itself, not the plugin (non) upgrade.

Can't help you with any thoughts on the missing posts since July, but did you try to repair the database at all? Also, make sure nothing funky was done to the .htaccess file.
    Sue

A generation which ignores history has no past and no future. --Lazarus Long

Sue, It was the Upcoming Events plugin. As far as I know, though I could be wrong, WP doesn't update itself, you do have to click the link, but I had done that PRIOR to this whole event, so I'm not sure what was going on.

There is nothing funky with my .htaccess file either. I've been a bit busy with other things right now, so I haven't been able to troubleshoot the blog, but all the entries are in there in the wp backend and in the db. They're just not showing on the site. This is probably something to do with the loop and which posts are showing. I'll need to sit down this weekend and see if I notice anything hinky.