recompiling eAccelerator with easyapache

Hey all,
    I've got a new server I am setting up to specificity power a single website with an SMF forum.

I recompiled PHP using easyapache and included eAccelerator with it, however, SMF still doesn't recognize it for it's in-built caching system. I did some digging and found out eAccelerator is not compiled with "--with-eaccelerator-shared-memory" and "--with-eaccelerator-content-caching" by default, which SMF requires.

I can't seem to find any options to set these when running easyapache. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what I need to do. I assume I will need to run it via command line, but can't find out what/where the files and commands are that I need to execute for this. I would like to keep everything as standard with WHM/cPanel as possible.

Thanks all!

What you need to do is to create a custom configure flag for easyapache and then run the build using "/scripts/easyapache" script.

For more information, refer "http://twiki.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/EasyApache3/CustomConfigureFlags"

enable the following configure flag: -
    -enable-eaccelerator=shared
    --with-eaccelerator-content-caching

Quote Originally Posted by whrss View Post
    What you need to do is to create a custom configure flag for easyapache and then run the build using "/scripts/easyapache" script.

For more information, refer "http://twiki.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/EasyApache3/CustomConfigureFlags"

enable the following configure flag: -
    -enable-eaccelerator=shared
    --with-eaccelerator-content-caching
    That is not going to work. That adds configure flags to php and apahce. But does not add them to the addon modules.

You either have to modify the module for easyapache that pertains to eaccelerator, or install eaccelerator by hand.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Will changing the parameters in php.ini not work ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    That is not going to work. That adds configure flags to php and apahce. But does not add them to the addon modules.

You either have to modify the module for easyapache that pertains to eaccelerator, or install eaccelerator by hand.
    Ok, thanks. Where can I find the information/files/etc on the server to edit the module for easyapache?

You would need to go through the easyapache source code. It would be easier to disable the eaccl in easyapache and then compiling the eaccl modules and adding them manually in php.ini

Quote Originally Posted by xxkylexx View Post
    Ok, thanks. Where can I find the information/files/etc on the server to edit the module for easyapache?
    James B
    EzeeloginSetup your Secure Linux SSH Gateway.
    |Manage & Administer Multiple Linux Servers Quickly & Securely.

Cheers. Thanks all.