Basically, I run www.SourceTV.org and I'm looking for a new look to the site. I'm currently scouting out for a new system to run it.
We need the following features
- Download System
With sub-sections, download counts, comments & send to a friend
- Video Streaming (with the possibility to stream live video/audio)
The ability to pull videos from our servers and display them on the site. Preferably with comments, send to a friend, view counts etc
With comments, read more and the usual suspects
- Match Ticker
A section on the right hand side of the page that shows the following in a link.
Team 1 vs Team 2
Date - Time
This must generate a page where comments are allowed to be placed and some information on the game.
Simple, easy to use forum system. Preferably lightweight and nothing like phpBB/SMF/vBulletin etc. Just something very simple.
- User System
Email verification is a must, multiple levels of user access also, such as Site Admin, Forum Admin, Match Ticker Operator, News Writer. Or one user account with the ability to tick boxes as to what sections users can moderate/admin.
I've probably missed something out, if I remember - I'll add it in. I'm looking for a site with the above features now, so if there's a CMS out there that can do this or can be modified to do this rather easily - I'm willing to check it out as I have a month or so to work on this. I'm willing, depending on price - to also get a custom thing done, but we receive no income from the site so maybe if a designer / coder wants to help us out in return for a small fee and advertising, or if a company want to sponsor us in return for advertising etc.
Posted in a rush, probably made 100s of mistakes! Reply if you're interested or drop me a PM!
I think most major content management system packages like Drupal or Joomla or even WordPress would have modules for 90% of what you are looking for and the other 10% are easily developed yourself because they are all pretty modular and extensible platforms.
There are a ton of other Content Management Systems as well, but the bigger the community behind it, the more likely you'll find a pre-written module to do what you want.
Almost all of the major CMS systems have pretty decent templating systems that let you build it to look any way you want them to. If you just use pre-built templates, it will look like a portal, but you can definitely make it not look that way...
Id have a look into joomla, ive found it very easy to customise. See here http://transatlantickillers.co.cc still being worked on but ive managed to customise joomla to my liking and ive integrated the forum. Next step is customising phpbb and then the league but you get the idea ...