Hi Guys, New Member Here..

Hey guys pleasure to join this forum, I have a few questions i'd like to get some insight on.

I'm a intern at a small IT company, and I need to setup a server running windows server 2008, with two dual nics to create two subnets locally routed via the server. its just gonna be for basic things, like main file share and print server..

This is going to support about 15 users , as I said nothing big..but looking for an insight as to what type of rack i should get, thank you!

Welcome to Web Hosting Talk. Enjoy your stay!

Welcome, lazy_gi.

Your best bet is to create a thread in the Dedicated Servers Forum and ask your question there. I am certain you will receive the help that you need.

Vito

Quote Originally Posted by lazy_gi View Post
    Hey guys pleasure to join this forum, I have a few questions i'd like to get some insight on.

I'm a intern at a small IT company, and I need to setup a server running windows server 2008, with two dual nics to create two subnets locally routed via the server. its just gonna be for basic things, like main file share and print server..

This is going to support about 15 users , as I said nothing big..but looking for an insight as to what type of rack i should get, thank you!
    Welcome to WHT

If you're going to be setting that up locally on-site for a small company I'd suggest just using a regular tower case - only reason to use a rack is if space is tight (eg: you'll be having lots of servers crammed together).

Quote Originally Posted by vito View Post
    Your best bet is to create a thread in the Dedicated Servers Forum and ask your question there. I am certain you will receive the help that you need.

n the way of an introduction, my name's Buzz. On Thursday, I'll have been retired for 13 years. In a few months I'll be 70. Age means nothing except that admittedly I do thrive on finding better ways to do things. I'll show those young whippersnappers a thing, or two.

I used to be a workaholic; and recently found out that I still am; I pulled a 36 hours straight at the keyboard without so much as a whimper.

my background is 35 years in aerospace, all aspects of telemetry, and any type of data.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1 View Post
    n the way of an introduction, my name's Buzz. On Thursday, I'll have been retired for 13 years. In a few months I'll be 70. Age means nothing except that admittedly I do thrive on finding better ways to do things. I'll show those young whippersnappers a thing, or two.

I used to be a workaholic; and recently found out that I still am; I pulled a 36 hours straight at the keyboard without so much as a whimper.

my background is 35 years in aerospace, all aspects of telemetry, and any type of data.
    Hiya Buzz

You should start your own thread IMO

A workaholic like you shouldn't be associating with lazy_gi anyway