Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need advice to find a new shared hosting

Hello. I need change my hosting web and i need a piece of advice.

Currently my website consumes 30 GB of bandwidth per month and i need 500MB of disk space.

I need to any MySQL database becouse the website is a wordpress, and is importante that the response time of the servers be fast.

I would like 99.9% guaranteed uptime, and cPanel.

Most siteweb users are Spanish and South American.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Ihcan; 09-27-2009 at 07:58 PM.

Are you looking for hosting located in North America?

If so, what may your budget be?

Im spanish but where is located in not a problem if the response time is fast and the latency is not a problem.

The budget in little becouse currently i pay the costs and advertising revenues are low.
    Last edited by Ihcan; 09-27-2009 at 08:17 PM.

you could always go with hostingzoom.com they have a 4.95 plan.

Quote Originally Posted by gynxhosting View Post
    Only if you pay 36 months in advance.

Have you try hostgator?

Are you looking for a host offering support in spanish? or that's irrelevant?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

well what about midphase.com then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihcan View Post
    The budget in little becouse currently i pay the costs and advertising revenues are low.
    Everyone has a different definition of "little".

What is your budget? Which currency? Is that per month or per year?
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

Most offer shared with speedy connecitons, however that is also tied to factors of where they are located, in relation to you and your visitors.

Quick tips:
    Avoid Unlimited
    Avoid long term payments (i.e. 1, 2 or 3 year.
    Stick with monthly to start, heck even in the long run.

To keep your sites speedy, naturally you will want to find a provider with reliable and powerful hardware. Not to mention properly configured, so ask them questions about what they use and how they use it.

Providers in the North America regions would probably be a good fit for the reliability, price and performance you are looking for. Expect a price range anywhere from USD $5-$10/mo for your space/bandwidth requirements.

Hi Ihcan,

Perhaps you could tell a little bit bout your budget. by saying little does not define how much.
    everyone has different definition of "little".

There a lot of hosting provider out there that offer web hosting at an affordable price.

without knowing your budget, it would be pretty hard for us to recommend any web hosters though
    Last edited by mynehost; 09-27-2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: miss spell
    █• • Providing Quality Litespeed Web Hosting
    • Data Centre - USA - UK - Malaysia
    █• 24/7 Fast Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    • 30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by gynxhosting

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting
    Only if you pay 36 months in advance.
    36 months is really too, but I see that i can contract one plan of 12 months pay. I account for hostingzoom.

Quote Originally Posted by iraton
    Have you try hostgator?
    no, i´ve never tried it, and i heard good about it. But reading in this site, see that are not good unlimited offers. I account for HG too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    Are you looking for a host offering support in spanish? or that's irrelevant?
    It´s irrelevant, i prefer the host have a good service for the siteweb.(bandwidth,suport, ping, response time, 99.9% guaranteed uptime, etc). Thanks.

well what about midphase.com then?
    The offer is good but says unlimited. I prefer know when i must update the plan when the siteweb is near of the limit of bandwidth. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RossMAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihcan
    Everyone has a different definition of "little".
    What is your budget? Which currency? Is that per month or per year?
    Sorry is True. My currently budget is 80 or 90$ per one year, and i want contract per year(one year first). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike
    Most offer shared with speedy connecitons, however that is also tied to factors of where they are located, in relation to you and your visitors.

Quick tips:
    Avoid Unlimited
    Avoid long term payments (i.e. 1, 2 or 3 year.
    Stick with monthly to start, heck even in the long run.

To keep your sites speedy, naturally you will want to find a provider with reliable and powerful hardware. Not to mention properly configured, so ask them questions about what they use and how they use it.

Providers in the North America regions would probably be a good fit for the reliability, price and performance you are looking for. Expect a price range anywhere from USD $5-$10/mo for your space/bandwidth requirements.
    Yes offers unlimited i don´t like it, and i would like found this, one host with reliable and powerful hardware. Do you Know any host with these features?

Quote Originally Posted by minehost
    Hi Ihcan,

Perhaps you could tell a little bit bout your budget. by saying little does not define how much.
    everyone has different definition of "little".

There a lot of hosting provider out there that offer web hosting at an affordable price.

without knowing your budget, it would be pretty hard for us to recommend any web hosters though
    I'm sorry you're right. My currently budget is 80 or 90$ per one year. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by biggunn
    You should go with WebHostingPad. They have the best deals around and quality MySQL servers.
    Thanks biggunn but this offer have to much unlimited features.
    I would like a host not spensive, but with a profesional service, and fast.

Hello Ihcan, i had very similar requirements and budget as you. I didn't want massive unlimited plans, but i wanted faster page loads for my MySql site, good support and a reputable company for around $80 a year.

I made a shortlist of 8 hosts, and chose DTH you can see my post here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=892791

They seem to fit your requirements exactly also.

Quote Originally Posted by 1boss1
    Hello Ihcan, i had very similar requirements and budget as you. I didn't want massive unlimited plans, but i wanted faster page loads for my MySql site, good support and a reputable company for around $80 a year.

I made a shortlist of 8 hosts, and chose DTH you can see my post here: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

They seem to fit your requirements exactly also.
    Thanks 1boss1. Do you could show me your site for i check the load times? please.

Some users were waiting to know what was my budget, i´ll listen to their advice, but others recomended me:

Hostgator
    Hostingzoom
    Midfase
    Webhostingpad
    Downtownhost

are there some webhost more to add list before choosing?, and any user have any experience with some of the webhost recommended here?.
    Thank you.

PD. Last week i contract with Fat Cow and this is the result:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2...bmastergoo.gif

Fat Cow is very very slow.

Now i want tell them that cancel my account and back my money, i would like with your invaluable support chose better this time.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Ihcan; 09-28-2009 at 04:27 PM.

Would you like support in spanish language?
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

language is not a problem if the service is optimal.
    Is important the siteweb run fast.

I second the downtownhost recommendation. I would also suggest looking in to HawkHost.

Good luck!

Dave

It is indeed. From the hosts you mentioned above, I can only make a comparison with Hostgator, and applications there are running 3+ times faster. The difference will be the more noticeable the more elaborate and sophisticate the site, and the higher the amount of information per page.

The good news is that Fatcow is the slowest among the hosts I've used, so I guess there are some chances that most hosts out there are simply better than them in that sense.

Bluehost is quite cheap.

PD. Last week i contract with Fat Cow and this is the result:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2...bmastergoo.gif

Now i want tell them that cancel my account and back my money, i would like with your invaluable support chose better this time.
    Thanks.
    What kind of numbers would make you happy?

@db09 thaks for your advice.

@idcdc Thanks, for you the best choice of the list would be Hostgator?, please if you know any better please recommend me .

@bentink I read in webhostingtalk any lament about it.

@collabora I would like less than 560 milliseconds maximum or similar(this concerns me), 560 was the maximum before.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Ihcan; 09-28-2009 at 08:40 PM.

@collabora I would like less than 560 milliseconds maximum or similar(this concerns me), 560 was the maximum before.
    Thanks.
    Most importantly at this moment you need to know that no one here knows how fast your page will load at any host. Thus all their recommendations are moot.

Personally I think you are going to a lot of trouble to shave off a few milliseconds of page loading time. Perhaps you can link us to the page you are testing and we can judge if 1/2 second is so terrible.

The only company I have had good hosting experience is pinellashosting.com. It is not in your list, this is rater addon to it as you have requested. They worth the money I pay and once I switched to them I haven't had any serious problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast