Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unlimited Reseller

I have been lookng for an unlimited reseller plan, not because I want to use thousands of GB of space or bandwidth, but I would like to think that I can offer plans which compete against the big boys in the hosting business.

I liked the look of Heart Internet which offer unlimited everything for 29.99 a month. The only problem their account don't allow you to host multiple website from one account. Therefore someone wanting to host 2 different sites would need 2 different accounts.

I have looked at Webfusion but there are a lot of feature which are extras which you need to pay for. Sister company DonHost offer the same but for 39.99. Fasthosts offer unlimited reselling but charge 50 a month which is a bit too much for starting off.

I am now left with UK2 Reseller Pro. For 29.99 a month I can have unlimited everything plus a billing system which is an excellent deal. Would this be the better of the given options? I would like to hear from someone else with a UK2 reseller just to see what they think of the service and support.

Thanks

you would be better off going with a reseller plan with limits - unlike shared hosting, it's very easy to go over a certain limit that your host has already put you on so you are better off knowing your limit so you know when to upgrade. And unlimited providers charging you more would generally mean that they are limiting you a little less than unlimited resellers that cost just a few bucks a month.

Unlimited reseller plans are basically impossible. No one has enough server space to offer that.

How, as a reseller, can I be expected to keep up with HostMonster, HostGator, Site 5, etc..? Why would someone choose my host offering 500 MB of space and 10GB bandwidth when for the same money they can get unlimited with the like of HostGator?

Quote Originally Posted by EnvoHost View Post
    Unlimited reseller plans are basically impossible. No one has enough server space to offer that.
    You offer unlimited plans, lol

i do agree with you.. unlimited is impossible. everything in this world has a limit...

a lot big players like hostgator, they do running the business on "overselling".

you can seach google for meaning of "overselling".
    █ Providing Quality Litespeed Web Hosting
    Data Centre - USA - UK - Malaysia
    █ 24/7 Fast Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee

You can still compete with the big boys with a plan that has real limits. You can simply oversell on your own plans and upgrade on disk space when you need to. Just because you have an unlimited reseller plan doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to sell unlimited plans. Nor will a limited plan prevent you from setting "unlimited packages". However some hosts may actually not allow you to oversell so be sure to look for the "overselling enabled" feature when looking for a provider.

Quote Originally Posted by StarDragon View Post
    How, as a reseller, can I be expected to keep up with HostMonster, HostGator, Site 5, etc..? Why would someone choose my host offering 500 MB of space and 10GB bandwidth when for the same money they can get unlimited with the like of HostGator?
    Thousands of hosts manage it fine. From great support to treating each customer like a friend. millions of people need a host not all of them go for unlimited
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Yes I know I offer it. But here is the reasoning behind that, I only have 150 resellers, none use more then 5 GB of space so far.

@EnvoHost - I just noticed, are you a hostgator reseller? Your plan comparison pages look so much alike.

When being new into the hosting world you really need to be friendly, make friends with people, and get a great support system, as people are wanting 24/7 support. You will need to advertise in the right places, and always be professional.

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    @EnvoHost - I just noticed, are you a hostgator reseller? Your plan comparison pages look so much alike.
    No we are not. We had a contest a couple months back and put about 40 hosting sites into 1. We have permission from all sites that were put into ours. Our design is actually changing sometime next month.

I understand.

I keep thinking over and over what would make my host different and unique to the others. I am wondering if I would be better off offering smaller plans (<1GB) for just a few pounds a year, maybe include a domain too. Would this be more apealing to people?

I understand.

I keep thinking over and over what would make my host different and unique to the others. I am wondering if I would be better off offering smaller plans (<1GB) for just a few pounds a year, maybe include a domain too. Would this be more apealing to people?
    It totally depends on who your target market is. Some people may be interested in "unlimited" plans either because of the fact that they won't face any overages or due to lack of education about "unlimited" hosting plans.

You can sell a plan that offers 1GB space for $25 per month if you want but it won't be as competitive depending on the market/niche you're targeting. There are people who like plans that have realistic limits as well so there's a market for that. It's completely up to you and how you decide to sell your services. Thinking of ways to make yourself stand out will definitely help.

I have been lookng for an unlimited reseller plan, not because I want to use thousands of GB of space or bandwidth, but I would like to think that I can offer plans which compete against the big boys in the hosting business.

I liked the look of Heart Internet which offer unlimited everything for 29.99 a month. The only problem their account don't allow you to host multiple website from one account. Therefore someone wanting to host 2 different sites would need 2 different accounts.

I have looked at Webfusion but there are a lot of feature which are extras which you need to pay for. Sister company DonHost offer the same but for 39.99. Fasthosts offer unlimited reselling but charge 50 a month which is a bit too much for starting off.

I am now left with UK2 Reseller Pro. For 29.99 a month I can have unlimited everything plus a billing system which is an excellent deal. Would this be the better of the given options? I would like to hear from someone else with a UK2 reseller just to see what they think of the service and support.

Thanks
    What do you mean by "plans which compete against the big boys"? Do you mean you want to offer unlimited plans? Theoretically you could offer such plans with a limited reseller, if they allow overselling, but it is not recommended. Getting an Unlimited reseller and selling Unlimited hosting packages will almost destine you to failure, because management becomes too hard. The big boys can offer such plans because they have the luxury of picking and choosing which clients to keep (low resource usage) and which ones to kick off (high resource usage), because there will always be another to replace them. If you're starting out, you don't have this luxury, far from it, and will no doubt get a few high usage folks who you have to answer to when they realize your unlimited plan is really not unlimited.

@ IGXhost,if that was you harrasing my support worker, knock it off or I am banning your IP from my Network.

@ IGXhost,if that was you harrasing my support worker, knock it off or I am banning your IP from my Network.
    To prevent this thread from going off-topic I will simply not reply to that here, you may PM me. Thanks.

I am not looking to sell unlimited plans, but I would like to offer plans with a reasonable amount of disk space, maybe 2GB - 5GB. Offering such plans on a limited reseller account wouldn't be finanically viable.

What is your maximum budget? Perhaps starting off with a VPS would be a better option if you have the budget.

A VPS would be more expensive than a reseller account.

To start with I think 350 for the first year would be enough.

That's roughly $46 per month you're willing to spend on a reseller account. You can afford a mid range VPS unmanaged or a low-end VPS that is managed. You're a few bucks away from being able to afford WiredTree's 512VPS. They're highly recommended for a fully managed VPS/dedicated provider. You may want to check out their promotions that they always have running to see if you can get any discounts so that it will be more within your budget.

I am not looking to sell unlimited plans, but I would like to offer plans with a reasonable amount of disk space, maybe 2GB - 5GB. Offering such plans on a limited reseller account wouldn't be finanically viable.
    Everything is limited. If not the reseller, the VPS will be limited. The dedicated server will be limited. You have to learn to manage these things. If you're not ready to jump into a VPS or dedicated, get a good reseller that is limited, so that not only will you know your limits, but you can also learn to manage. Often though you will find it takes a lot of time for clients to build up any amount of resource usage, so if you will have the opportunity to upgrade long before the client needs the resources.

I would actually consider WiredTree for a dedicated server but I would like to build up a customer based before spending that sort of money. I am still trying to get my head around finding a unique selling point.

I would actually consider WiredTree for a dedicated server but I would like to build up a customer based before spending that sort of money. I am still trying to get my head around finding a unique selling point.
    Yeah, WiredTree is fantastic.

Perhaps this section would be more helpful:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Perhaps you could stick to reseller plan first. once you have build customer based. and you have an experience on handling customer. By then you could choose either to go with vps or dedicated..

i'm highly recommended reseller plan from innohosting and hostnexus.

innohosting for linux
    hostnexus for windows

that only my 2 cent...it's your choice actually..

I am wondering if I would be better off offering smaller plans (<1GB) for just a few pounds a year, maybe include a domain too. Would this be more apealing to people?
    That's still a focus on price, and it's a fight you cant' really win. Maybe find a couple of applications (blog/forum) and become the host to go to for those? If you choose wordpress/phpbb etc. It'll still be a hard fight, because lots of hosts already focus on those one way or another.

Back to buying hosting, expect to receive what pay for. $30 will not buy you infinite hosting. There will be a point where the deal will show its true limits.

Thanks for all the advice, its truely noted

I have just had a look through the web hosting offers section to get an idea of what people are offering and charging. I selected 10 hosts at random and put the domain names through the reverse ip lookup to see how many sites are hosted.

Shockingly 9 of those companies host under 10 sites, and the other one was a free host. This makes me wonder if I want to waste money setting up a host. This goes to show the market is so vast.

I selected 10 hosts at random and put the domain names through the reverse ip lookup to see how many sites are hosted.
    Don't put too much faith on those numbers. There are lots of reasons why they wouldn't reflect the number of sites that the host places on a server. 1. They may be using a dedicated IP for their own sites. 2. They may be using a different, off network host. 3. If the host is really big, they may be using dedicated server(s).

No, most hosts don't put only 10 domains per server. 100+ accounts would be very common, and it could go much higher too, depending on the price, target market or even the greed of the host.

Not to mention that all such tools can be inaccurate to a degree.

ldcdc is very right in regards to the "domain counters"

If you want to know how many domains/accounts a provider places on a server your best bet is to simply ask - if they don't want to tell you or they don't know then that's probably not a good sign. Don't be surprised to hear 200,300,400 and up because it's pretty common as far as shared hosting goes.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Don't be surprised to hear 200,300,400 and up because it's pretty common as far as shared hosting goes.
    Very true. With servers getting ever more powerful, and traffic levels on average not increasing at the same rate (there's only so much growth in the Internet population and time they dedicate to navigate the web), more and more accounts can be put per server with no ill effect.

But you are offering exactly that, no? Are you a scammer?

BTW, it doesn't take any more, or very little more disk space, to offer unlimited hosting over limited hosting. Web sites stay the same size no matter what the plan description!!

Hello,
    I will NEVER say Overselling is Evil, it is a very powerful tool if managed properly. Unlimited Plans should NEVER be offered to Master or Alpha Resellers, and I would not advise offering it to resellers as well. It can get very hard to control.

Offering Unlimited Standard Shared Hosting accounts can be a great move, but of course you need to have a firm TOS to define your views of what Unlimited means.

In my case, I do not oversell, but this is simply because I cater to Master and Alpha Resellers.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

Most of the hosting will allow unlimited domains and websites in reseller, but there will be limit in space and bandhwidth. or vice versa. I think no one will give unlimited domains, websites, space and bandwidth(then it will be just like taking complete server).. :-)

Really the answer is, If you want to compete with big hosting companys you will need some sort of a server.

Resellers are good but if your looking to start a stable hosting go for a server

If renting a server a burden, maybe you could try with VPS first. Once you have enough client to cover your margin, by then you could think about purchasing/renting a server for your hosting..

that only my 2 cent.

Hostnine has a ulimited reseller for 80bucks a month and you get lots of freebies.

You know what there is not enough HDs in the world to go unlimited, its not possible.

Look at it like this. You can use a 4 hotswap sata HDs 2tb each drive when you max that out is it still unlimited? Where are you going to store your stuff at then?

Oh those are not questions either!

Maybe by "unlimited" they mean "they dont care how much you use they wont say anything until you max out there HD" lol....
    Jason

Hello All,
    You should not even try to compete with the big hosts, you cant. You should define your own nitche and run with it.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

Well the reason hostnine can do this is because 9/10 people do not use the resources given to them. and because their such a big host the have a huge bandwidth pool etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast