Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Avoid HostPolice!

Hi,

My friend asked HostPolice (Kevin) if he accepts payment through Moneybookers, he replied this:

WTF!!! Why don't you order and check yourself?
    http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3048/important.jpg

And also, please check my previous thread about hostpolice,
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=891854

He is a very unprofessional individual, and made a total fool of himself on this forum, about 11 pages if I remember correctly, of him arguing with HiVelocity and wanting them to turn his server back online. They did, and I am sure he is still at it, scamming customers.

He makes no backups what so ever BTW.
    I'm part of the Chicago Breast Cancer 3 Day!
    Because Everyone Deserves a Lifetime.

I can't say that I'm surprised - I also watched the thread that GarrettReardon is referring to.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Omg.. He treat customer ticket like that? I use their service before & after their service was terminated by Hivelocity & i lost all my data, I use other hoster.. I open support ticket like more then 9 about my data but I didnt receive any reply from their staff..

Sorry to hear of your problems, however this is a good case for doing your homework before picking a host.
    Better luck next time

Just wondering why you rated this ticket with 5 stars ? (see screenshot)

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    Just wondering why you rated this ticket with 5 stars ? (see screenshot)
    lol....I'm wondering the same thing.

owm
    ‹(•Ώ•
    Life's what you make it.

Can't get any more unprofessional than that. He is the epitome of what a person in business should NOT do to make a sale. It's also interesting because I had something similar happen to me last week with a well known company in a different industry (I wish I could remember the company) and the sales rep got so impatient with my line of questions that s/he said something like "Are you going to order or what?" It's like, "Excuse me? If I've got questions it's because I'm interested in the product or service you're offering and am entitled to answers before I fork out my money." It's weird when people that work for companies or own one get all beside themselves and catch attitudes with their potential customers. It's unjustified behavior. Even if they were having a bad day, don't take it out on the customer. Geez. For sure a person is bound to run into a company that demonstrates unprofessionalism; anywhere from small home-based business owners to employees of larger corporations. And in those times it'll leave a consumer/customer looking like this --> .

It's unfortunate, but say have a great day and move along.
    I've been using HostGator for 38 months.. and it's been awesome.
    Get The Maximum HostGator Discount With These HostGator Coupons!

Not Shocking,
    Kevin from HostPolice has to be the most arrogant host arround, his customer service skills are not only questionable but down right RUDE.

He has made it clear that he does not care about what former customers of his are saying on WHT, but what he fails to relize is that in any online business, reviews count. There are several factors needed to pull off a sucessful online business.
    1. Reviews - Well, hes got a few of those
    2. SEO Rankings - WHT has some of the most powerful figures in the SEO World, therfore I would not be quick to poke fun of the people in here. Just do a quick google search for "HostPolice" and you will see that "HostPolice Scam" is #3 on the rankings
    3. Customer Service Skills - Well, there is not much to say there.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

I'd avoid any hosting company like this which use whois privacy. No respectable company has anything to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelhost View Post
    I'd avoid any hosting company like this which use whois privacy. No respectable company has anything to hide.
    Not every company which hides its contact info is a scam.
    Hello

Quote Originally Posted by peter_anderson View Post
    Not every company which hides its contact info is a scam.
    Well in a lot of European countries a company must have its address and business credentials published on their site; personally i would not buy from one who doesn't.

That of course does not say anything about hiding your whois details though.

Well in a lot of European countries a company must have its address and business credentials published on their site; personally i would not buy from one who doesn't.

That of course does not say anything about hiding your whois details though.
    Yes there is a law which requires that.

Hahaha, that's funny. I like how his signature says "kind regards" and the fact that you gave it a 5 star rating! :p

Thanks for the heads up, support is something that's very crucial to me.

lol. Funny and messed up. Kind Regards is in his signature.

it very harsh reply
    HostNotch Hosting Services 99.9% uptime Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting
    yajur | Sales Team
    CPanel Hosting • R1 Soft • Offsite-Backup • Great Uptime
    http://hostnotch.com sales @ hostnotch.com

all i say is i told you so..I lost money with them also.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarhosts View Post
    all i say is i told you so..I lost money with them also.
    if you paid via paypal why cant make dispute on them?
    HostNotch Hosting Services 99.9% uptime Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting
    yajur | Sales Team
    CPanel Hosting • R1 Soft • Offsite-Backup • Great Uptime
    http://hostnotch.com sales @ hostnotch.com

wow..that what i can say right now...

i don't think his business will run much longer...it's like time bomb..just waiting "the police" to explode...
    █• • Providing Quality Litespeed Web Hosting
    • Data Centre - USA - UK - Malaysia
    █• 24/7 Fast Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    • 30 Day Money Back Guarantee

I've tryed to dispute it. Paypal dont do nouthing after trasaction is completed. So i was screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by yajur View Post
    if you paid via paypal why cant make dispute on them?
    Won't do any good for a virtual service.

Personally i feel making disputes is not a good way. Did you ask for a refund at first before thinking to open dispute?

Quote Originally Posted by bentink View Post
    Personally i feel making disputes is not a good way. Did you ask for a refund at first before thinking to open dispute?
    As Bentink says, it's always best to request a refund before submitting a dispute but based upon what has been shown/said I don't think either will work

A small percentage of hosts keep getting away with bad business practices, but in the long-run the search engines seem to be catching them out. OK, 1 bad reviuew could be sour grapes from an ex-client, but there is plenty of bad news on this host.

Potential customers need only do their due diligence.

@mczy: your WHT post is pulling #2 on Google under the phrase "hostpolice scam", so I think the market will take care of a bad host these days.

The only problem is they can maintain their anonymity and change names, particular when they are using who is privacy. THERE IS NO REASON EVER FOR ANY HOST TO USE WHOIS PRIVACY. This should be a huge red flag to any potential customer. What can a host have to hide?
    They list themselves on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/pub/host-police/13/396/472 in the Greater Los Angeles Area.

This "HostPolice Technologies" is a complete dead trail on any corporate information on their web site, or on the web in general.

Caveat Emptor

--Michael
    Last edited by HostYourIdea; 09-27-2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: more info

wow how unprofessional can you get.

Quote Originally Posted by HostYourIdea View Post
    A small percentage of hosts keep getting away with bad business practices, but in the long-run the search engines seem to be catching them out. OK, 1 bad reviuew could be sour grapes from an ex-client, but there is plenty of bad news on this host.

Potential customers need only do their due diligence.

@mczy: your WHT post is pulling #2 on Google under the phrase "hostpolice scam", so I think the market will take care of a bad host these days.

The only problem is they can maintain their anonymity and change names, particular when they are using who is privacy. THERE IS NO REASON EVER FOR ANY HOST TO USE WHOIS PRIVACY. This should be a huge red flag to any potential customer. What can a host have to hide?
    They list themselves on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/pub/host-police/13/396/472 in the Greater Los Angeles Area.

This "HostPolice Technologies" is a complete dead trail on any corporate information on their web site, or on the web in general.

Caveat Emptor

--Michael
    Yup, i do agree with you.. There is no reason why a hosting provider to hide their WHOIS information, unless there is something their been hiding from customer..or their not registered business..

Customer should be aware of this and turn away from such host..

That my only 2 cent..

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelhost View Post
    Why don't you just use company contact info on a web site. Its a lot easier.

When I refer a client to hosting, I always to choose a company that offers a contact phone number on their website as well as all the usual methods of support contact, then call them first to check someone's at the other end.

Works fine for me and never had any mentionable grief.

Not every company hides their contact info in whois because they've stuff to hide.

owm
    ‹(•Ώ•
    Life's what you make it.

As it has been mentioned that they use PayPal:

If it isn't a registered company, how would they get (and verify) a PayPal account in a company's name?

If, however, the PayPal account isn't in a company's name, but in a person's name, wouldn't those scammed know his real name, at least?

Quote Originally Posted by CoderJosh View Post
    As it has been mentioned that they use PayPal:

If it isn't a registered company, how would they get (and verify) a PayPal account in a company's name?

If, however, the PayPal account isn't in a company's name, but in a person's name, wouldn't those scammed know his real name, at least?
    hmm I don't remember having much of anything to verify with PayPal when I got my business account. I think the only thing they asked for was a bank account to be attached to it and to enter the address / support number etc to the account and that was pretty much it for me.
    #---.#---###### | Host Mist LLC - Helping People Say Hello World™
    #---.#---#--#--# || Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller, VPS, Dedicated
    ####---#--#--# }| Featuring multiple locations across the US & Germany.
    #---#---#--#--# #| Connecting the world through web hosting.

Correct. They dont check your name or verify it. All they verify is your LAST NAME with your bank / credit card that you add (generally).

Quote Originally Posted by RDOSTI View Post
    Correct. They dont check your name or verify it. All they verify is your LAST NAME with your bank / credit card that you add (generally).
    Well this changes drastically when you get your first 1000 (i believe it was around that amount, is a long time ago) dollar in, they start demanding all kinds of papers, at least here in Europe, and in the mean time the just lock your account, pretty irritating when you run a business and didn't anticipate this .

Well this changes drastically when you get your first 1000 (i believe it was around that amount, is a long time ago) dollar in, they start demanding all kinds of papers, at least here in Europe, and in the mean time the just lock your account, pretty irritating when you run a business and didn't anticipate this .
    Do they really required a lot of paperwork ? hrmm.. all my sales never reach upto 1000 dollar per transaction..but if calculate monthly..it more than 1000 dollar monthly..

i never experience this with paypal..could you elaborate more ?

Quote Originally Posted by mynehost View Post
    Do they really required a lot of paperwork ? hrmm.. all my sales never reach upto 1000 dollar per transaction..but if calculate monthly..it more than 1000 dollar monthly..

i never experience this with paypal..could you elaborate more ?
    It might be different in other parts of the world; when transactions go over a certain amount in europe they need to verify the owner of the account as any other bank needs to do in europe. Has to do with anti money laundering laws.

Unfortunately i am not able to cut and paste you the information as it is in dutch for me; and somehow paypal thinks that if you live in a country you also have to speak/read that language (hint to paypal: I want it in english)

What i can show you is part of the email we received from paypal a few years back:

We are sending you this notice because you have received more than 1.000,00 EUR in total payments to your PayPal account.

PayPal is required by law to comply with European Union Anti-Money Laundering regulations to collect information from customers when they receive more than the set limit in total payments.
    » cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    »
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

It might be different in other parts of the world; when transactions go over a certain amount in europe they need to verify the owner of the account as any other bank needs to do in europe. Has to do with anti money laundering laws.

Unfortunately i am not able to cut and paste you the information as it is in dutch for me; and somehow paypal thinks that if you live in a country you also have to speak/read that language (hint to paypal: I want it in english)

What i can show you is part of the email we received from paypal a few years back:
    Thank you for elaborating on the paypal policies. As for me in Malaysia, never have something like that. probably in EU they do.

Let not get carried away...Back to topic..

That is an epic ticket response. I don't see that business lasting long.
    Justin Yancey | Northern Virginia & District of Columbia | https://www.linkedin.com/in/justinyancey

ok, I admit that the response of hostpolice (Kevin) is really unprofessional and so it may be better to avoid them ...

Paypal refused my dispute.

i paid them $70 for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by mczy View Post
    Paypal refused my dispute.
    Unfortunately PayPal Buyer Protection does not cover intangible goods. You will only be able to get your money back by talking to HostPolice directly.

Quote Originally Posted by InstantPH
    Unfortunately PayPal Buyer Protection does not cover intangible goods. You will only be able to get your money back by talking to HostPolice directly.
    I talked to HostPolice, and requested them to issue a refund. They told me to **** off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast