My website hosted by Solidinternet.com is permanently down

Since more than a month my websites petervanrompuy.be and filmbespreking.be are both down.

My hosting company Solidinternet.com does not respond to any of my tickets.

Anybody who can give me any info on what is happening?
    Is Solidinternet.com bankrupt?

many thanks in advance

peter

Quote Originally Posted by petervanrompuy View Post
    Since more than a month my websites petervanrompuy.be and filmbespreking.be are both down.

many thanks in advance

peter
    I assume you already tried to contact them by phone ? or logged into the support system to see if they did update any of your tickets.

Also i notice that both sites are actually hosted on different servers currently and do not show any content; or are you in the moving process ?

many thanks in advance

peter
    your site servers having problem, its due to that, Apache setting got disturb or may be server got hack.

I didn't move or change anything, both sites just went down and apparently ain't coming back.

no response to any of my numerous attempts to contact them ...

what can I do? just wait?

tx

peter

I didn't move or change anything, both sites just went down and apparently ain't coming back.

no response to any of my numerous attempts to contact them ...

what can I do? just wait?

tx

peter
    Peter,

Unless you made a typo in the above domain names; i do see both websites. Although without any content on them. Maybe you got blocked by a firewall ?

I also see that one of the domains is hosted in belgium and another in the US (softlayer dc).
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

I didn't get blocked by a firewall.
    I can not enter my ftp server, all content appears to be out of reach or gone ...

I didn't get blocked by a firewall.
    I can not enter my ftp server, all content appears to be out of reach or gone ...
    Okay, that explains, but you made a bit misleading title for your post here; your sites are not down; they are just not showing the right content (not that one is worse as the other though). If a site is down you would simply not even get a connection to the server at all.

I hope you have some good backups so you can move your sites elsewhere.

that's bad news cause since I ain't anything but an online-ace, I do not have any backups ... anything I can do to get my content back? tx!

that's bad news cause since I ain't anything but an online-ace, I do not have any backups ... anything I can do to get my content back? tx!
    I noticed that first thing on your site it redirects to "/wordpress/index.php"

Notice the error "/wordpress/index.php was not found on this server", so is it there? Do you know any other inside folders you could check to see what is going on? Try them.

Like for instance, wordpress probably stores it's data somewhere, maybe you can get to it from a web browser (I don't know wordpress). If it's mysql data, do you have ssh access? A control panel that you can go to?

You had a RSS feed, was that archived somewhere on the web?

Your site petervanrompuy.be is available on http://www.archive.org/ as a copy of Jun 24, 2008, so you can pick up some stuff there so you don't have to start over.

There may be other web archive sites around, maybe google cache, and your local browser cache may contain some stuff too, so quickly save A COPY of your browser cache to another folder before it gets purged and look at it later.

I don't understand why you don't have a copy of your page at home, most people edit their site at home and upload it via FTP.

Lesson learned, back up!!!!

Most of these places make it easy to save a back up file, go look for it when you get things going again and USE IT!

The Google cache seems to have a fair amount of your old content - I suggest you grab it quick before that disappears too.

(FYI, the petervanrompuy.be site is just an invisible frame showing the filmbespreking.be site).

Keep trying to contact SolidInternet also in case they have backups but I don't think you're alone in this situation.

Edit: This thread may be of interest. Looks like live chat may be your best hope to contact them.
    Last edited by foobic; 09-26-2009 at 10:35 PM.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

-edit- wrong thread.. I do mistakes sometimes

Peter, reading the other threads, i start to wonder if you ever get your data back; unfortunately you are just another client who learns that making your own backups is crucial.
    Last edited by 040Hosting; 09-27-2009 at 04:42 AM. Reason: oops