Thumbs down First 30 Hours Experience with DME Hosting

My First 30 Hours Experience with DME Hosting
    ---------------------------------------------

I requested a VPS at 09/24/2009 10:30AM (Order Number: 3851747544) with all the payment, got the order confirmation mail immediately. I raised an SR (View Ticket #412540) to know how long will it take to setup the server and here is the answer received (after 38 mins) -

Your server will be setup as soon as the order is processed.
    You will receive a welcome email once the server is setup. Kindly wait for updates.

I wanted the machine urgently, but still waited for 15 hrs but no response/welcome mail, then I updated the SR -
    It has been more than 15 hrs, still the sever is not setup. If it is not supposed to be setup in another 9 hrs, I would request you to refund the amount back to my paypal account and request to cancel the order.

As I needed this machine urgently, please treat this as highest priority.

And got response after 37 mins -

Hello,

The server setup procedure will take maximum of 24 Hrs after the order is placed. You will get a welcome e-mail that contain the login detail and all the informations regarding your server. So please wait for the Welcome e-mail.

Thanks for your Co-operation and understanding.

Nothing seems to be working but I again updated SR to give them one more chance after 26 hours of ordering the server and they came back reply this @ 09/25/2009 12:38 -

We do not have any more IP's in Chicago at the moment. We can quickly set you up in Scranton or our Denver location.
    Please let us know which location you want.

Now my urgency of the machine has almost been ruined, but I was still little hopeful that may be I will still be able to do work, I replied saying this -

09/25/2009 12:48
    Setup in Scranton. You would have communicated this earlier would have saved a lot of time for us.
    Please do it asap and send us the welcome mail.

and one more update from my side after 2 more hours -
    If there is any issue while doing in Scranton, then setup it in Denver. Location is not much of my concern but i need it urgently.

And I am still waiting for that welcome mail they have been talking thru all the communication. I don't know what to say after this experience, everything is infront of you.

- Jina Me

----------------
    For Any Clarification, please feel free to contact me

Communication doesn't seem like DME's strong point. Given that if a hardware or host machine software issue wipes all your data and takes your VPS down for a few days, DME wont notify you, your story doesn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by corsix View Post
    Communication doesn't seem like DME's strong point. Given that if a hardware or host machine software issue wipes all your data and takes your VPS down for a few days, DME wont notify you, your story doesn't surprise me.
    I agree that communication does seem a bit wary in this case.

Was there an option of "Next Available" under locations when ordering? If so, you should have selected it. If not, DME should look at putting it in my opinion.

It looks like a simple matter, which is avoidable, but at least it's getting sorted for you!

This to me is poor management/planning/etc... There are fairly simple ways to minimize this type of issue. Make sure that you don't accept more accounts then you have resources for (whether IP's or "slots" on your boxes, etc...).

Doing the above won't totally eliminate this type of problem but it goes a long way. That is where communication and then follow through come in.

Just out of curiosity, did you order their budget linux box? What made you go for them (I'm assuming you searched here for reviews?)

Sound like they simply ran out of resource slots and just giving you the runaround. Have some benefits of doubt.... you might want to start looking for different host.

Corsix, BuzzServers-J, Nnyan, UnixCabin,

Under location, there were 3 options, no availability indication. And this is no way a simple matter for me atleast. I don't want to be totally harshed, may be there are so many worse companies than this out there, my main intension has always been to point the correct thing and let the system improve if it is supposed to.

Whatever is the case, you don't have resources, you don't have people to implement it or you don't want to do it totally, it should always be communicated properly and promptly without wasting client's time. If they would have replied immediately after the order explaining the latest scene, it would have saved lot of time for me.

Yes, I choose Budget hosting. That may be my mistake to chose DME hosting for any urgent requirement, but this doesn't mean they will be irresponsible all the time.

I hope DME guys will learn something from this and still I have hope that they will do much better.

Thanks all for replying and Wish you a better Luck DME !

you should've saw my thread before signing-up with them, this is what you get for getting cheap VPS... try hostlatch they are as cheap but will provision your VPS automatically upon receipt of your payment from paypal.

so far my cheap VPS with them (hostlatch) seems still working , but if you need fast support response... forget it they answer after 2 days with yet another question not a resolution mostly
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz and GETVZ - Complete VPS Package with SSD Drive

Quote Originally Posted by kabayan View Post
    but if you need fast support response... forget it they answer after 2 days with yet another question not a resolution mostly
    Don't forget that your package usually consists of hardware and service, which both cost money. What do you think a budget host can most easily cut back?

Quote Originally Posted by HostingDirect24 View Post
    Don't forget that your package usually consists of hardware and service, which both cost money. What do you think a budget host can most easily cut back?
    yeah i know! but in that particular ticket is not abut support but rather more on sales, i'm asking how much extra should i double my current RAM

but instead of giving me the rates i was replied with this question: what you want to upgrade burst or dedicated? lol, i was turned off and never bother replying.

A great customer service reply would be something like "pay $xx for dedicated RAM upgrade or pay only $x should you just want to double burst RAM allocation, let me know how do you want to proceed so i can issue your invoice". but overall hostlach provide good VPS uptime which is the most important so kudos to them!

Anyway this is not about DME which is the subject of this thread.
    Last edited by QuickWeb-Roel; 09-27-2009 at 04:22 AM.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz and GETVZ - Complete VPS Package with SSD Drive

I'm not sure what is going on, but this client resigned up with us. If he is so strongly against us then why is he a client after posting this? This issue was involving all of our IP's being depleted in the Chicago location, which we have since resolved.

We refunded the client, then he reordered the next day again.

Is this issue resolved? Or do we need to refund you again, and terminate your service again? As I am confused.
    Last edited by DMEHosting; 09-27-2009 at 04:58 AM.
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting

you should've saw my thread before signing-up with them, this is what you get for getting cheap VPS... try hostlatch they are as cheap but will provision your VPS automatically upon receipt of your payment from paypal.

so far my cheap VPS with them (hostlatch) seems still working , but if you need fast support response... forget it they answer after 2 days with yet another question not a resolution mostly
    Hello,
    Thank you for recommending us but I just find your last statement confusing me. We have a lot of staff so therefore we answer support tickets in an average of 1-5 minutes (we checked out reports of our average ticket response times)

I've just checked your tickets and the reason why we answered that is because we give special offers and exclusive prices to what customers want. If you wouldn't tell us how much extra ram you wanted of course we would reply with that, asking how much you want.

Thank you.
    - HostLatch
    Last edited by VL-Adam; 09-27-2009 at 05:36 AM.

Kabayan,

Good to hear about your experience with hostlatch, but to be fair, DME Hosting Support is pretty active in replying and I got answers in 2 mins to max 30 mins times as you see I mentioned in the main post. Now as they have corrected the issue and did setup my server in 1 min after the new order placed. I am wuite happy with them.

May be I would like to stay with them for sometime and have a longterm experience and will come back here to share that with you guys.

Cheers,
    Jina

Quote Originally Posted by DMEHosting View Post
    I'm not sure what is going on, but this client resigned up with us.
    In that case, you are free to check thread's main post or check the support ticket mentioned above. And yes, we signed up again.

If he is so strongly against us then why is he a client after posting this?
    I was never against you, DMEHosting and yes, if I was, I wouldn't be your client. Even my old replies express my interest in your services and My decision to sign up with you was after I heard and researched good about you.

This issue was involving all of our IP's being depleted in the Chicago location, which we have since resolved.
    It was never about the location.

We refunded the client, then he reordered the next day again.
    Yes, We signed up again and had a totally different experience this time. I think they were totally unaware of the IP issue as they got bulk orders for their servers in Chicago.

Is this issue resolved? Or do we need to refund you again, and terminate your service again? As I am confused.
    As you are already know, we signed up again. so all the old issue went off with the old order, new order placed, setup completed within 1 min. Just a small correction, last time the service itself was not been setup, so no question of termination.

I appreciate your concern and thanks for your time.

Cheers,
    Jina
    Last edited by JinaMe; 09-27-2009 at 03:30 PM.

And one more update ...

My account was credited with a 2 weeks free extension.

Ok I'm glad it's resolved then!
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting