Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Google sells domains

One year registration costs $10 and includes these benefits at no additional cost:

* Google Apps Standard Edition pre-configured for your domain, including Google Sites and Gmail for custom email addresses.
    * Full DNS control and management
    * Private registration to protect your personal information
    * Domain locking to protect you from unauthorized domain transfers

Your domain will be automatically configured to work with Google services including Google Sites and Gmail for custom email addresses.

http://tinyurl.com/google-domains
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, Holy Bible.

Google cannot compete to local provider. Google has got his own ICANN accreditation.

Google Can Provide you Products to Customers and never can provide solution to the Customer, Which Local Provider can do because of local touch.

Google can give you product but customer requires solution.

We need not to be wory about Google, Microsoft entering in Domain and Hosting business.

I don't think they are really competing directly, but its certainly service creep.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

Google is a reseller for GoDaddy. They don't register or host domains on their own account.

powered by GoDaddy.com
    http://www.google.com/a/cpanel/domain/selectDomain

Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    Google is a reseller for GoDaddy. They don't register or host domains on their own account.

powered by GoDaddy.com
    http://www.google.com/a/cpanel/domain/selectDomain
    Where did you find powered by godaddy.com I must be blind?
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

It's in the URL after submitting the first step, BUT I did see enom also.
    Try looking up different names and they select different registrars.

xyzxyzxyzxyz.com uses godaddy
    agfafgagfadfg.com uses enom
    ☆☆☆ Cool Domain Names - DomainSale.link☆☆☆

clicking on the Learn More link will allow you to choose Enom or GD.

This is very interesting.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks • All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates • 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! • I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Quote Originally Posted by skypn View Post
    One year registration costs $10 and includes these benefits at no additional cost:

* Google Apps Standard Edition pre-configured for your domain, including Google Sites and Gmail for custom email addresses.
    * Full DNS control and management
    * Private registration to protect your personal information
    * Domain locking to protect you from unauthorized domain transfers

Your domain will be automatically configured to work with Google services including Google Sites and Gmail for custom email addresses.

http://tinyurl.com/google-domains

I had never heard of this
    So they give you free private reg, I wonder if they will offer discount codes like GD
    We work at keebu.com We built things like, 3DO!!, SNES!!, Zelda!!, GEX!!, [Gex says "where's the lizard emoji"]

Sooner or later, big companies will want a bite from this business, time to fight google has come
    Mousa: [as Rambo prepares to play Afghan game 'buzkashi'] God must love crazy people.
    Rambo: [getting on horse] Why?
    Mousa: He make so many of them!

Hello

Many people are not aware of this because google won't competing in domain market.

Well, what can I say... this is another market when Google entered. I don't even try to count them. I would use any of G's paid services except the AdWords.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    Well, what can I say... this is another market when Google entered. I don't even try to count them. I would use any of G's paid services except the AdWords.
    any bad experience with Google Adwords?

Why is Big Gee going after everything? I wish they would just stick to search and leave it at that.

Recently Big Gee came up with places and now those pages are being indexed so sites like yelp and others are being de-prioritized by them just so their own content can rank higher.

Any one, who brought/registered them self a domain from Google, please share your experience with them, specially if you ever encountered any tech support from them, like was it support from Google, or from Enom/GoDaddy.
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, Holy Bible.

Interesting - they default to GoDaddy and hide the option to use Enom. I wonder why they wouldn't just present the option clearly during the process instead of being sneaky. And I wonder what GoDaddy is giving them to get listed as default.
    the end of the world is upon us...absolute power corrupting absolutely...free speech is never free...

...mod friendly signature compliant

And I wonder what GoDaddy is giving them to get listed as default.
    I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it was Godaddy who started this whole thing and approached Google to work something out, and Enom is just Google's "just in case things turn sour" thing.

You had to know this was coming sooner or later. I'm sure GoogleHosting is not too far off in the future.

Dave

Only in this kind of hosting?
    Many internet users believes that Google search engine and its spiders
    are behind the silent "war" against Rapidshare links during last year.
    Dont be surprised if you see Google File Hosting very soon..

I bought a domain from google apps in 2006 url= www.umakantsiingh.com (expired, but registered to me) i never had a single problem with their service. You can also buy domains from www.blogger.com under the publishing tab. I love "G"

Quote Originally Posted by skypn View Post
    Any one, who brought/registered them self a domain from Google, please share your experience with them, specially if you ever encountered any tech support from them, like was it support from Google, or from Enom/GoDaddy.
    Tech support from Google? That is a joke right? Google doesn't have human support at all. Just robots.

You are lucky if someone responds you with a canned response.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PYDOT View Post
    Tech support from Google? That is a joke right? Google doesn't have human support at all. Just robots.

You are lucky if someone responds you with a canned response.
    Domain related Tech support is given by Registrars (Godaddy/Enom) via your domain management control panel. it takes them 15-20 minutes to respond to your queries with a decent answer.

Hope this info helps.

Quote Originally Posted by singh-admin View Post
    Domain related Tech support is given by Registrars (Godaddy/Enom) via your domain management control panel. it takes them 15-20 minutes to respond to your queries with a decent answer.

Hope this info helps.
    Thank you Singh-Admin, it is indeed of great help

Yea forget getting help from Big Gee.

I use to do PPC and you would think that you are a paying client and they would give you customer support BUT even this has no support WSE.

It's frustrating but thats the reality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast