Want to know about teamvps

Hello WHT members,

I am going to buy a VPS soon from teamvps.

I want to know about there service and other parts.

I want to have a detailed review if possible, so I would request any of the teamvps customer to please populate this thread with the reviews.

Thank You.

Hi,

Have you tried the search function to search for reviews?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php

think about it: three times down in two weeks, and support disappear...

Hmmm... so you want people to dig up their reviews and update this post? I'm with ActiveForce, do your own search first and maybe some of your questions will be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by wdcjy View Post
    think about it: three times down in two weeks, and support disappear...
    It's weird. My Binarycanary said, it's only 30 min downtime in my box at Teamvps.

And it happened at 20 September 2009. After that, there's no any downtime in my box at teamvps 'till now.

Here's my report: https://www.binarycanary.com/en/webs...EDB4BAB619CE01
    Last edited by idcyber; 09-25-2009 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveForce View Post
    Hi,

Have you tried the search function to search for reviews?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php
    typical "look at my sig" post if you ask me, no matter what you say

Well,

I've been a customer of theirs for about 2-3 months. I'm particularly not happy about them as they're kinda irresponsible in my opinion. The support response is not that great. And from some problems they just say it's unmanaged so we can't help it etc.

For this month i've got 9h+ downtime with yesterday causing 6h+ downtime. The box worked ok when it had no sites running except as a backup dns. But once i transferred my sites to them and using a 1min monitor i got to see the issues. What i have is a standard centos 5.3 with DirectAdmin installed and uses APF+DDOS deflate as a firewall. The box never uses memory more 500-600MB.

They certainly have stability issues on their Host nodes and specially on VM4 node as i've read some others on this node (which i am on) having similar issues. There were times when i was even unable to log into HyperVM to do a reboot, cos i've noted that a lot of times somethings goes wrong w/HyperVM and the Mem/HDD/Inodes values all give nothing with a yellow icon. When this happens i'v to manually reboot the vps.

And it's surprising to see that to have a 6h+ downtime yesterday with no loads on the server as i migrated all my sites back to VPSRight 2-3 days ago.

If you're onto just learning then teamvps is good. If it's for serious hosting, look somewhere else.

BTW here's the uptime report url:
    http://www.pingdom.com/reports/2gy6c...th=9&year=2009

Quote Originally Posted by gunemalli View Post
    Well,

I've been a customer of theirs for about 2-3 months. I'm particularly not happy about them as they're kinda irresponsible in my opinion. The support response is not that great. And from some problems they just say it's unmanaged so we can't help it etc.

For this month i've got 9h+ downtime with yesterday causing 6h+ downtime. The box worked ok when it had no sites running except as a backup dns. But once i transferred my sites to them and using a 1min monitor i got to see the issues. What i have is a standard centos 5.3 with DirectAdmin installed and uses APF+DDOS deflate as a firewall. The box never uses memory more 500-600MB.

They certainly have stability issues on their Host nodes and specially on VM4 node as i've read some others on this node (which i am on) having similar issues. There were times when i was even unable to log into HyperVM to do a reboot, cos i've noted that a lot of times somethings goes wrong w/HyperVM and the Mem/HDD/Inodes values all give nothing with a yellow icon. When this happens i'v to manually reboot the vps.

And it's surprising to see that to have a 6h+ downtime yesterday with no loads on the server as i migrated all my sites back to VPSRight 2-3 days ago.

If you're onto just learning then teamvps is good. If it's for serious hosting, look somewhere else.

I am really very happy with your response.... becoz you really was here to help me unlike others who were just here to increase there post count.
    Thanks A lot for your reply as it was very helpful. And I am really onto a serious business, and am surely searching for a partner... As you too are from India, I would be happy if you would like to be with me.

Can we chat about some more things elsewhere?
    Can you give me your chat id???

Quote Originally Posted by gunemalli View Post
    Well,

7 DAYS of full uptime in a month is not good. What was their excuses if any? I remember not to long ago they had an issue with a node that kept going down and need to be rebooted every few minutes not to long ago
    Last edited by mainstreamnet; 09-26-2009 at 03:15 AM.

Well, they it must be my VPS which i highly doubt cos i don't do unwanted installations and i keep things simple and bare minimum. Also being on their n/w i got very high amount of brute force attacks on SSH, FTP etc. and after moving away from them i've had only a few.

Also note that Pingdom uses 20+ testing points, so they're highly accurate in my opinion.

@ragavbpl all my contact details are visible from http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=303908

We openly publish the uptime statistics for all our VPS nodes in our support system. If we go down, we want our customers to know and know the reason why so they don't have to guess. We also have a blog where we post what happened and why.

It is important to remember that when a VPS is down, it does not always mean the node is down or the network is down. VPS are just like dedicated servers, users can crash a VPS with improper software or by using too much resources.

The true measure of a network and nodes uptime is in measuring THEIR uptime, not an individual VPS. This is not shared hosting, all our cliens are on their own VPS.

As always, there is a lot of incorrect information floating around like we had to reboot a server every few minutes. That makes absolutely no sense. Dispelling that misinformation is the reason we publish our real-time uptime reports.

I wish I didn't reboot my vps last week to prove I had 40+ days uptime with teamvps.

Quote Originally Posted by team-vps View Post
    If we go down, we want our customers to know and know the reason why so they don't have to guess.
    If you remember this thread which about 1-2 months old, you say
    Quote Originally Posted by team-vps
    No, no servers were down and everything was monitored. There was just a delay in setting up new accounts.
    where a few of us were affected, but you never mentioned it on you website nor did you notify the users (we're aware that all of you got sick on that particular time). So i'd say i have some doubt on your statement here.

Quote Originally Posted by team-vps View Post
    It is important to remember that when a VPS is down, it does not always mean the node is down or the network is down. VPS are just like dedicated servers, users can crash a VPS with improper software or by using too much resources.
    This is true. I understand that VPS is almost like a dedicated server. But look at the attached pictures. As you can see, for the last 1 week my memory usage has not gone beyond 400M. My allocation is 512MB and if you check the usage stats, i'm well below the allocated limits.

Sooo... for the last 7days i have got 6h 25min downdtime. The best part is between this time there were actually no traffic coming to the server except me downloading a backup and uploading a skin to DirectAdmin, as i moved all of my data to my other provider. The other thing is, i rebuild this server, and only the defaults+DA is running.

So can you explain why my server was down all that time? even with no load to it?

The true measure of a network and nodes uptime is in measuring THEIR uptime, not an individual VPS. This is not shared hosting, all our cliens are on their own VPS.
    True. And the other thing is, a misconfigured node or some small issue with the node can also cause ping packets not to goto the VPS.
    As always, there is a lot of incorrect information floating around like we had to reboot a server every few minutes. That makes absolutely no sense. Dispelling that misinformation is the reason we publish our real-time uptime reports.
    May be, maybe not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails memory.JPG   usage.JPG  

@OP Wasn't going to post here again but since I really really want to get my post count up (1400 posts here I come!) I would just say that you being a noobie I was just pointing out what you may not know and that is that there are plenty of reviews on this host here and that may be a good place to start since you never know you MIGHT just get your answers.

But what you do is your choice and it's our choice to give you advice that we have when you post and ask for it.

And being a noob I just want to tell you that anyone that has been around here for awhile more then likely is not interested in increasing their post count. Get to know me before you start accusing me of post count inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    @OP Wasn't going to post here again but since I really really want to get my post count up (1400 posts here I come!) I would just say that you being a noobie I was just pointing out what you may not know and that is that there are plenty of reviews on this host here and that may be a good place to start since you never know you MIGHT just get your answers.

But what you do is your choice and it's our choice to give you advice that we have when you post and ask for it.

And being a noob I just want to tell you that anyone that has been around here for awhile more then likely is not interested in increasing their post count. Get to know me before you start accusing me of post count inflation.
    Thanks for your useless and frustrating post.....

Please do me a favor and don't post anything more here... What I wanted to know I got it....

Thank You