1 Month VPSLand Review (avoid at all costs!!!)

Hi

I signed up for a 1 Month VPSLand plan, and absolutely regret having done so.

As soon as my website was setup, I started having weird permissions errors. The permissions on IIS directories kept on changing for no reason at all, and I had to keep on manually setting the permissions every day.

When I logged a ticket about this they said I must re-install my VPS which they did, only to find that the exact problem was still there.

I also had serious performance issues on the server - the CPU usage was constantly between 70 - 90%, making Remote Desktop connections a very slow and painful experience, not to mention my sites which were crawling along as a result of this.

I logged a ticket for this, and they immediately threatened to shut my sites down over this performance. (here I am asking to sort out performance issues and they want to shut me down!!)

After telling them that it is 2 development sites receiving almost no traffic at all and putting them in their place, they once again recommended a reinstall of the vps on another server with better performance.

I agreed to this, only to find the exact same performance issues on the other server.

This was the smoking gun for me - in less than a month there were 2 reinstalls - both which wasted my time and none of them sorted out any problems.

I didn't find the support engineers to be knowledgeable in their field at all - for the most time I felt like they didn't know what they were doing at all.

I strongly discourage anyone from using VPSLand - although the prices are very good, the service is unusable. Not worth it. I had a much better experience on shared hosting - most shared hosts give you so much control over the sites, and the very reason for switching to VPS was to have better performance and flexibility - none of which VPSLand offered.

So why did move once you started have problems? Why you have been waiting for the whole month?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Madiou View Post
    So why did move once you started have problems? Why you have been waiting for the whole month?
    I assume they do not do refunds, his got a VPS paid for a month he has to use it otherwise it's a dump?

My guess..

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Madiou View Post
    Well, to move after having one problem would be a foolish thing to do. Everyone gets problems with hosting sooner or later, and if one were to move everytime there's a problem you'll be doing quite a bit of moving.

However, when problems become the norm and not the exception, and if that is the general level of service that can be expected, it's time to re-evaluate things.

I made an informed decision by trying the service out for a month.

Judging by the number of problems other VPSLand customers have on this forum, it seems to be an everyday occurrence.

One problem is acceptable, 2 problems in a month is questionable, 3 unnecessaryproblems in a month and it's time to move.

Sounds like the sensible thing to do doesnt it - wait a few weeks to get an idea of what service levels are like, and then stay or move based on that.

Exclamation Really avoid VPSLand.com

Hi all,

I have wasted my previous week mailing VPSLand.com after buying windows vps. They reply after hours with a simple line that everything is fixed and close the support thread. However, they actually do nothing and the issues exist (you may read more in my other post)

I strongly recommend all you guys not to waste your priceless time & money and find a reliable VPS provider.

I want to know if anyone has a long experience with a good VPS provider?

Quote Originally Posted by mrvahid View Post
    Of course people have. Not everyone in the web hosting industry provide cheap and fly-by-night operations. The secret is research. WHT is a great tool and your able to read positive and negative reviews about the company from clients, before actually purchasing a service with them. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Quote Originally Posted by supmansa View Post
    .. and the very reason for switching to VPS was to have better performance and flexibility - none of which VPSLand offered.
    Most generally this is the case where you get total control over your hosting environment along with better performance and flexibility to deploy services, install custom applications on your VPS, etc which is typically not offered on shared hosting. I am sorry to hear about your experience and wish you good luck with your next host.
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

Quote Originally Posted by mrvahid View Post
    Hi all,

I have wasted my previous week mailing VPSLand.com after buying windows vps. They reply after hours with a simple line that everything is fixed and close the support thread. However, they actually do nothing and the issues exist (you may read more in my other post)

I strongly recommend all you guys not to waste your priceless time & money and find a reliable VPS provider.

Have you tried calling them, that's what I would try next. You may also consider getting a managed VPS instead in the future. Good luck